1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Is there a link for the game?

2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

ok mcgrady needs to make the most of this last bit of the third quarter because as i understand he doesnt play in the 4th quarter anymore

3. VBG

VBG Member

I wonder if T-Mac will get any 4th quarter minutes.

Watching the Pistons makes me love Rick Adelman

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

but yet stuckey is playing in te 4th

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

ok well im out. mcgrady isnt coming back in tonite.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wtf?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no mcgrady in the fourth again!?!?!?!??!

what the hell is the pistons management/coach doing?!@!?#!?#?!

smh.>!

8. Boxer

Boxer Member

The Pistons must have some trade they are trying to make.

Still - it is hard to make sense of the "rotation"

9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

i have no idea. its confusing Like if the game is close Kuester is gonna stick with the same unit that is out there. But if the game isnt close at all he will just still keep the same unit out there r keep most of his starters out.its pretty much out of tmachands for how close the game is at that particular time during the 4th.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

At this point it is like 'whatever'. Kuester is letting his team down and he is okay with losing every winnable game possible. He is not here to win, he blows up every single game.

Tracy is playing an allright basketball. He can't really take over because he is not that player anymore and looks who's he playing with.

The owner doesn't care cause they will be sold and Dumars is kinda ok as well. Untill the new coach comes in and a new OWNER of course who wants to win, this won't change.

11. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

I think It would really benefit Mcgrady if he changed his game now to where he would move more off the ball and catch and shoot. He is still a pretty good shooter but he doesnt have the same tools to be that guy that iso everytime down the court. he is gonna have to train differently to adjust his body to that much movement. I just think it would be easier for him to get shots off and score more effeciently

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He has been good in the last 3 games. he had 16 points, 14 points and 15 tonight all in 3 quarters of games.Tonight he is jumping well and had that offensive board dunk and a spin move dunk.

13. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

This may be the weirdest thing i have ever seen. Y is mcgrady not playing the 4th quarter at all. Is that his decision

14. VBG

VBG Member

Wow, no T-Mac in the 4th again. WOW

15. VBG

VBG Member

I've never seen this. The most complete offensive player on the team doesn't play in the 4th?

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

hahaha, wow. No t-mac again, they have to play him in the overtime, it's ridiculous not to.

17. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Wow not even PT in overtime. 15 5 and 4 in limited minutes. I hope he is traded soon.

18. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

:edit: He must be in trade or something...They have to be showcasing him, this is ridiculous.

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-bring-tracy-mcgrady-back-for-another-season/

Pistons want to bring Tracy McGrady back for another season

Kurt Helin

Feb 17, 2011, 1:52 PM EST

It’s time. And I’m man enough to admit it.

I was wrong about Tracy McGrady.

I thought time had passed him by, his knees were Jello and teams should treat him like he had leprosy. But he’s turned out to be a solid, smart veteran who knows how to run a team. His knees may have robbed us of the high-flying McGrady of a decade ago — the guy who threw passes off the backboard to himself for a dunk — but his quality play at the point earned him a starting spot, which slid Rodney Stuckey over to the two and the Pistons have been better for it.

GM Joe Dumars told Pistons.com he’d like to bring McGrady back.

"Tracy has been extremely good for us here. And we would like to go forward with him. We really like his play on the floor. But also, just as importantly, we like the person that he is. We like the leadership that he brings. We like the veteran, professional approach that he brings. We like all of those things about Tracy. We would like to go forward with him."

McGrady and Stuckey are free agents next summer (or whenever free agency happens after the lockout). Because of ownership being in flux for the Pistons, it is impossible to say what Dumars marching orders will be. Maybe he’s encouraged to bring McGrady back, or maybe he’s told to go young and rebuild.

Either way, McGrady has earned another season of an NBA paycheck next year. He’s proved me wrong. Good on him.