1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

maybe we have a star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Really? That's your argument? He was on the Nets.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Thats your argument?! The Nets have the rebounding machine Brook Lopez!

...wait a minute...

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

If TWill becomes a star, two coaches are going to look really stupid. I don't think that is going to happen, but it could.

4. Stilldream'n34

Even though the Rockets gave up a 1st for him, I'm starting to think he was brought in as trade bait. We should find out soon, once T-Will is allowed to be combined with other players in a trade

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

if he's traded for anything less than a star, then that trade would be rediculous.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Oh, and he was also a rookie. Not even a rookie LBJ lead the Cavs to a winning record (not comparing Twill to LeBron). It's hard for a rookie to translate performance into Ws.

7. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

So, let me get this straight. The Nets went 5-17 when Terrence started seeing regular floor time. Their record for the entire year was 12-70.

So, the Nets win almost half the games they won all year when Terrence got to play. Coincidence? Maybe. Doesn't really matter either way, though. Nobody should expect a rookie to carry a team to respectability on their own. It doesn't get held against Blake Griffin, it didn't get held against LeBron, when he was a rookie. I don't see why it should be held against Terrence, who wasn't on the same level as a rookie LeBron or Blake Griffin, and who played for one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.

There are three truths that can be taken from the OP's stats. One, Terrence has some fantastic potential. Two, when he's given a chance, he's pretty damn productive. Three, his talent is being completely wasted here in Houston.

Maybe it is personal. At this point, I'm running out of reasonable excuses for Rick not to play Terrence. He's been with this team for, what? 2 months now? Aaron gets suspended, and he still can't get off the bench for ten minutes?

This goes beyond Terrence being buried in the depth chart, and it goes beyond his lack of experience. When you have a guy with the talent Williams has, you make time for him. That's what good coaches do. They figure out how to use their best players in ways that will give the team the best chance to win. And it's not like the kid isn't itching to play. Clearly he came here expecting to earn rotation minutes.

It's safe to say at this point that this situation has been handled poorly, by both Morey and Adelman. Terrence has handled himself surprisingly admirably, especially considering all the bluster surrounding his attitude. Wasting a year of a young player's career is just not good business, no matter how you slice it.

Either play the kid, or just trade him. Get something out of him.

1 person likes this.
  8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/12e7ugmPxyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I couldn't help but share this...

#68 BasketballMind, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You haven't looked very hard then.

10. co-nan

co-nan Member

I think he will get more opportunities after "all-star"

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I think T-Will can play the point. Although he is not a pg, he has the abilities to play the position. After the trade deadline I would love to see a lineup like this....
    Lowry/Twill
    Martin/Lee
    Melo/Harrington
    Scola/Hayes
    Camby/Miller<p>A very balanced lineup. Full of offense and defense. The only missing thing I see is that neither of our PGs are shooters, but they are playmakers.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

avery johnson already looks stupid, so we are down to one

13. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

TWill not playing is not about him knowing the offense, it is something way more difficult than that. Im sure Morey would perfer if Terrance played. So the problems lies with Rick. He talks about putting the players on the court that gives us the best chance to win.
    But he constantly gives up the lead by playing our bench for majority of the second quarter. And only brings the starters back until after the lead is gone.

Yesterday I was fairly disappointing in the fact that RA continued with AB while he was getting exposed on Defense(Barea) and playing Horrible on Offense in the second quarter. Kyle showed that he could gaurd Barea with his strength vs. speed.

If RA really wanted to get Twill on the court, he would give the Man 30-35 minuets in the D-league for maybe a 3-5 game stand. We know he is going to be productive, but we are looking at the bigger picture. How well he can run the offense, does he tend to fall out of the offense. Defense is harder to evaluate in the D-League because you are not dealing with the same caliber type of players. PPaTT is a living example. Went to the DL, learned the offense, played hard and was productive.

The only negative is that he will not be able to practice with the team. But I believe that the talent that TWill has would have helped us win some of these close games that we constantly have and lose.