1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take Jerry Sloan as the next Rockets Coach....?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Feb 10, 2011.

?

Feelings on Sloan as a possible Rockets Coach?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2011.
  1. Hell Yuh

209 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Hell Nah

198 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Straight Crazay

141 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What happened to you son? You got a fever and lost your mind? :confused:

2. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

After all the rivalry, all of Sloan's teams being taught the art of egregious flopping, and after all the cheap shot fouls, his homophobic comments, and all-in-all ****tiness, you have the audacity to even ask if he should coach us.

You, sir, are a ****ing r****d, and not a Rockets fan if you think that's plausible in the SLIGHTEST.

1 person likes this.
  3. RocketMania1991

Hahah, Epic Responses :grin:

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

The NBA is just a business, hate the jazz organization and would love to beat them in a playoff series to square things out. With that being said, I don't hold any hate on anyone personally espicially a coach. Once he steps out and is NO LONGER part of that Jazzhole organization, its all gravy.

Stop living in the past, and live for the present. IF Jerry Sloan can get the Houston Rockets relevant again, i'd take it.

And yes, Jerry Sloan IS a better coach than Rick Adelman. The stats don't lie. Being involved with an organization for 26 years is quite an achievment.

If we hate the Jazz flopping ways so bad, then you can hate on this current Rick Adelman Flopping team as well. Martin, Scola, Lowry is no better.

At the end of a day, this is just a coach trying to make a living. He may have used his dirty little tricks in the bag to help his team win, but If that's the only way he knows how to succeed, then so be it. It's better than doing "what's right" and being a failure.

In America, its all about the formula to winning which leads to success. Doing what's right that could make you a loser gets you nowhere and possibly living in a cardboard box.

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

First off let me say Sloan is a great freaking coach. Now that I got that out the way theres no way in hell I would want him on the Rockets. I'll rather have someone off here coach the team. I just couldnt take seeing that guy over there on the sideline for the Rockets no way no how.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I just saw this post and I'm sure I will be the 1000 + poster to say this but if you said this in public face to face to the people of this forum who are TRUE Rockets fans by the time the last word slipped from your lips, you would have found yourself trampled to death! Not that I would be a part of that mob but you must be a new Rockets fan because this is like saying lets have the devil lead us into salvation!! This should be an automatic demotion to Rookie and possible suspension or banning from the board altogether! LOL!!

7. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Never in a million years....

8. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

I am nearly speechless at what you just wrote. Do seriously advocate that ANYthing goes, that ANYthing is right or justifiable, so long as you get "results"?

Just because 'doing right' doesn't result in the hoped for outcome it doesn't make you a failure or a loser, I assure you.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This thread just goes to show how memory fades. Well, let me bring back some of those memories. The folks that voted yes are borderline traitors.

Jerry sloan is the freaking antichrist.

He is the mastermind behind the Utah Jazz grab, hold, bite, trip and then flop technique. He taught the Pasty Gangsta, Horny, Malone and all those assholes how to play as dirty as possible. Moving picks and Stockton pulling Kenny smith into him to flop and get a call.

And this crap transcended the decades. The same crap that Stockton and Malone pulled was done by Harpring, Okur, Korver, kirilenko, giricek, boozer.

And they recruited goofy ass centers to clog the middle like eaton, osterfat, adam keefe, fesenko. David Benoit is the same as Byron Russel. Their freaking team is like ground hog day.

All those bull**** fouls called in Utah's favor in their building. Their ahole ignoramus fans. Do you freaking people not remember the Jazz series from the 90's. How about the two times we clashed when we had Stacy McLacy and Yao.

I swear, you cannot be a true Rockets fan and not want to punch Jerry Sloan and all of the Utah Jazz in the face. And then kick them in the junk.

Some of you might innocently say...."Wait a minute, Scola flops. Martin flops. Lowry flops." Yeah, that's fact.

But there's a big difference between flopping like our guys do, and what Utah players are taught to do. They first grab, hold, trip, elbow, instigate, perpetrate, probably masturbate... and then the flop and look at the ref with this ******* "what? me? what did I do? He fouled me" look.

For decades, Sloan taught his players to play like cowards. That's the word I use to describe that kind of crap.

If my team played like that, I swear I hope I would see clear enough to recognize that as the chicken **** garbage that it is.

I would literally quit watching the Rockets if Jerry Sloan became our coach.

You folks that voted yes are either under the age of 20, have forgotten, or are just idiots.

there is no middle ground. You either like the Rockets and hate everything ever associated with the Utah Jazz, or you aren't a Rockets fan.

It is poetic justice that he won nothing. Hakeem said it best - they played with no honor.

3 people like this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sir, I would like to shake your hand!!! Anyone who is not aware of these facts needs to go back and watch some tape. I have hated the Jazz with all of my basketball heart for damn near 20 years!!! It's good to see someone who has not forgotten and who recognizes how even mentioning Sloan and the Rockets in the same sentence without referencing us choking him to death has no business being on this forum!

Thank you again for clarifying this for everyone on the board!!!

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't take Jerry Sloan as Rockets coach...but you know what?

I think now that Sloan is out as Jazz coach, we will catch them in the standings before the season is over.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I can't believe over 400 people voted yes! Hey Sloan is a great coach but that's besides the point.

Is this a public poll? I'm gonna put over 400 people on ignore :p

13. BleedsRocketRed

Rileydog, if I ever meet you in person I am buying you a beer

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What stats are those? The ones that show Rick has a better winning percentage than Sloan? I don't care about all the dirty tactics and stuff; Sloan still isn't a better coach than Adelman. I'm waiting for anyone to post something that indicates he is.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sloan should be retiring and I would rather have a young coach like Scotty Brooks

16. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Such a good coach, but I care more about continuing to hate someone that I've always hated, than having a coach like him. Plus, Adelman's a good coach anyways. I'm not on the "FIRE ADELMAN NOW" bandwagon that most CF members hopped on this year.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is probably the most F**KED up thing in this obviously F**KED up thread. Sloan is basically in the same category as Adelman and JVG in terms of coaching success. I get the "win at all cost" philosophy. I personally even believe in it. If Phil Jackson can come in tomorrow and I have to listen to his diatribe of zen and all that crap, I'd take it. If Lebron gets traded here and act like he owns the place and makes more facepalm decisions like the decision, I'd live with that.

But for Sloan? Really? How is he worth it!?

18. Eng.Absi

Eng.Absi Member

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This should be on every page. How in the world did this thread go up a star in rating?

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, sign him to a vet minimum type of coach contract then immediately fire him. He's make history as the quickest coach to be fired. Then pry Thibs away back to his rightful place in Houston.