1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fight of the Year Candidate] Fernando Montiel vs. Nonito Donaire,

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Feb 11, 2011.

Tags:
?

Who ya got?

1. Fernando Montiel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nonito Donaire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. what

what Member

This card is loaded with big fights. Mike Jones vs Soto-Karass and this one: the Donaire vs Montiel. Set your tvs for this one, baby. It's BIG

2. lastmanstanding

I see Donaire winning this one. Too big, too fast, too strong for Montiel.

3. what

what Member

Yeah, most likely donaire is going to take it. But Monteil is no slouch. This is going to be a great fight.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

When/what channel?

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Never mind, I looked it up. Feb 19th on HBO.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Definitely going to be better than that big dud of a fight, Bradley vs Alexander. Geez, i'm embarrassed I hyped up that fight so much to my casual boxing friends. Should have expected it due to the clash of styles. Won't have that problem with Montiel and Donaire.

You guys hear about Maidana vs Morales? Wow, I'm scared for Morales but I'll be rooting for him. Don't know whats up with Marquez though as I wanted to see him face Morales instead. Dude keeps pricing himself out of fights, like he's the A-Rod of boxing or something. He just passed up his biggest payday that isn't against Manny.

7. what

what Member

Yeah part of the reason why I posted this was because the amount of fights tomorrow pushed that fight way down on the schedule. It'd be easily overlooked.

I know a lot of people on this board are ufc only fans, but this fight I can guarantee it is going to be a fight of the year candidate.

8. what

what Member

Alexander is a punk. I'd be scared for anyone wanting to fight Maidana. That dude is a rough character.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin: