1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets were +3 without Lowry on the floor today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Feb 7, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Best "Off Court" +/- in last 12 games. Good job by the second unit, especially considering they were short-handed missing Brooks and Hill.

Code:
       GAME     NoLowry
    2/7   @DEN   +3
    2/5   MEM    -12
    2/2   @UTA   -14
    2/1   @LAL   -5
    1/29  @SAS   -13
    1/27  @DAL   -13
    1/26  LAC    +2
    1/24  @MIN   -11
    1/22  ORL    -1
    1/21  @MEM   -8
    1/19  NYK    -4
    1/17  MIL    -3

2. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Lowery needs to quit jacking up 5 3's per game. Just because you improve your 3 point shooting doesnt mean its ok to shot a handful of 3's a nite.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not sure if this is a subtle jab or serious?

Anyways, it is no coincidence that the second unit looked much lighter without the anvils.

Say what you will about +/- but when:

Last year Brooks as a starter = negative +/-

Last year Lowry off the bench = positive +/-

This year Brooks off the bench = negative +/-

This year Lowry as a starter = positive +/-

This year bench without Brooks = better +/- than with Brooks

A 3rd grader could put 1 and 1 together. Use whatever context you want, or better yet just watch the games, the guy does not contribute much or at all to winning.

He has ONE skill set(shot creator) that is unique to this roster, yet is average to atrocious in everything else. When his one skill set is working for him like it did last year, he is not good enough at it to lead the team anywhere. When his one skill set is failing him like it has this year, he downright sucks the life out of the team. So what's the point?

#3 CXbby, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  4. hasan08

hasan08 Member

Hence he shot alot of 3's, but most of the shots were because of shot clock reasons. That eff to me matters but not that much. Lowry overall played good.

5. ThaShark316_28

I got a legit question:

Do the Rockets go after a shooting PG (a guy that can come in, get you 10+ points with is mid range/3 pt down the road since Kyle's the starter, or will Ish be the backup PG of the future?

6. trugoy

trugoy Member

is this a softball...must resist urge....

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I believe 5 three point attempts/game is a decent rate for kyle. His improved shooting does justify him taking more attempts. all he needs is to hit a couple to keep the defense honest. It will open up the his drives. Plus tonight, he had to take 2 or3 with the shot clock winding down.

8. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

You gotta be kidding me! WTF is Aaron Brooks then?

9. ThaShark316_28

Dude, Brooks is GONE. That's my point. Calm down homie.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Brooks is finished as a human being. Best we move on from it.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ish smith was very impressive dishing the ball in the first half

12. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Oh wait, we traded him?

Sorry lemme check espn, hoopshype, nba.com.

Nope Aaron Brooks is still on the Rockets and he was suspended for ONE GAME! This whole Aaron is gone is way too premature. Morey ain't going to trade someone when their value is low and if we trade Brooks, I assure you we've waved a white flag on the season and are not looking to acquire another point guard, homie.

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah he reminded me of a poor mans version of Steve Nash the way he got to the middle of the paint and dished the ball to open players.

14. ThaShark316_28

Like 2009 when we dealt Rafer?

Bruh, me saying Brooks is gone was merely opinion. You read too much into what I said. It was the only reason I asked.

And the "looking for another PG" was for down the road, not in 2-3 weeks.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I asked in the game thread if I was the only one glad that AB was suspended for the game. Ish was money in the second.

It was sweet to see everyone involved in the second quarter. You think AB would have rewarded Miller for running the court? Unlikely.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah but the reason the shot clock is running down is because Lowry holds the ball till 10 seconds on the clock and then decides to run a play... not really complaining about lowry but he definitely had a poor game

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

fify.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Err... I find this hard to believe considering we had a winning record last year, and Brooks was pretty much always there.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

classic example of focusing on nonsense while Ignoring the one and only thing that matters. Winning, and how the rockets actually do.

You admit in your initial statement "Say what you want about +/- numbers, well how about this? What about the rockets record with brooks leading (pre martin) and the rockets record this season?

I love how you brought that last line up about one dimensional. I could have sworn it was abouit lowry. Its sad enough a team won't guard and will leave you open, even you are smarter than your hypothetical 3rd grader to examine the results of playing 4 on 5 on offense.

We were better with brooks leading

We won a playoff series with brooks leading.

We took the lakers to 7 games with brooks leading.

You have no substantiated claim . You can say all the **** you want about this season but you can't do it without admitting that aaron got injured and went down in a tailspin , not a career ending injury or something, so quit acting like he sucks.

Here let me try this. Yao has averaged close to 0 ppg in the last two seasons. Is it fair to say he sucks? No, there are circumstances you have to acknowledge.

I don't understand what it is about lowry that gives you boners. We're all for the rockets being a better team and clearly its not with him at the helm.

He doesn't command defenses.

He can't shoot well.

He doesn't have the speed to get past his defender.

And he can't break the defense down.

The only edge he has is that he is a mediocre playmaker and a good defensive guard. I'm sorry, I never realized it was so rare to find one of those in this league.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its kind of like when someone does too much talking. All that matters is the action and end result. He's focusing on the smack talk and disregarding the truth, or trying to mask it. battier has had huge +/- NUMBERS the games hes been useless, i don't there is a more r****ded statistic.