1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB0: Welcome to the Rockets All-Time All-Quitters Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

ll Nba quit team:

Lebron
    Kobe
    Shaq
    Melo
    KG

Thats one hell of team right there.

2. chadyang

chadyang Member

Sigh this is so true

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

lol. :grin:

4. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Hakeem faked that injury in the early 90's

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Plus u like Dream
    and
    would have been crucified putting him on this team!

Rocket River

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This thread is full of useful posts. Here's another one for the pile.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

When you win championships and you are the best player in the NBA, then you can get away with it. But when it's a six foot shoot first point guard, you need to sit on the bench and play when you're number is called.

We all knew Hakeem deserved the max. Brooks is worth around $8 million per season. If he just played the season he would have gotten more. He took all that time off for his ankle (trying to avoid a career ending injury) doesn't look as quick as he was last year, or he is just playing scared. Collectively, this will cost him some money down the line....and walking out on a game?

This trade deadline should be good. I wonder how much Brooks demands (I know he wants to be a starter). Probably more than what the Nets offered Scola last season.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Rockets had not won any championships yet when Hakeem was suspended.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How is Michael not on that list? the guy had an emotional breakdown and went and played minor league baseball :p

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He won them in the end so it's forgotten. The Rockets should have renegotiated his contract.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you needed a coach for that team, I'd hire Larry Brown... or for something a little closer to home, Clyde Drexler.

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

What Olajuwon did was just as bad as what others did. He felt unappreciated and unwanted and wanted to play anywhere but Houston! Things could've turned out very ugly but luckily it didn't.

Don't forget Kenny Smith on your little list, who could've easily been gone in 94-95 with the way he acted when Cassell got more minutes and finished 4th quarters. In 95-96 he was being benched regularly and I think it wasn't all smooth sailing, although i don't remember a specific incident. 96-97, he was outta here.

Maxwell felt unappreciated with no contract extension in sight and being replaced while he was suspended. Tell me, how would you feel if the team didn't support you and even finding another guy at your position while you are out ? Rudy T tried to keep the peace by saying they still needed him but it was clear Max was not in the future plans and being replaced.

AB was injured, instead of suspended, and sort of replaced by Lowry and also with no contract extension in sight. I feel for the guy, just like with Max, although with AB it was to me clear he was in the future plans with the way he played last year.

Some players just do not handle these things well and are too emotional like Max and AB. I wouldn't say AB has quit yet but it sure looks like it.

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

haters gotta hate

get a life

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I may be the only one here but I do not refer Von Wafer as a qutiter. IIRC, he threw a tantrum and Adelman sent him to the locker room. That's significant difference IMO.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Maybe. But they would never make it past the first round.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Don't you have to play some defense before you can win DPOY ?

17. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Stupid thread, get a life.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe you are right.

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

I say, trade Thomas Hamilton, Vernon Maxwell, and Von Wafer for Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James plus draft picks. :grin:

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Von did not quit, the last thing he wanted to do was quit and that is why he got sent to the locker room. Get your facts straight dude.