1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't Rockets players trust the Rockets organization?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Feb 6, 2011.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What's the big deal with playing out your contract? The guy has another contract on the way and shouldn't have gotten so wrapped up in his situation. Now, because of his own selfish behavior, he risks obtaining a contract of much lower value.

And I don't understand the fans trying to pin this on Morey. Do you all believe Daryl Morey is the only NBA GM that operates this way? Can some of you even name 5 other NBA GMs and their negotiations that you are as familiar with as your are Morey and the Rockets?

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The truth is that they did extend Parker!

3. ThaShark316_28

What are you supposed to do? Kiss these players' asses? Ask Dan Gilbert what being loyal/being a kiss ass can do for you.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Or else we'll be made to pay, like Von Wafer showed!

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

yeah, see you failed when you compared Parker to Brooks. A more apt comparison from the Spurs roster at the time is a guy like Roger Mason Jr.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I see no comparison between AB and a 3 time allstar/ Finals MVP.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Hmmm, looks like I was wrong. Given how ESPN wouldn't shut up about Parker joining Amare in New York, I had thought he was a free agent.

Regardless, Parker is someone who has been in San Antonio for years, won rings, been an All-Star, etc. etc. Brooks is not.

Furthermore, I cannot fathom for the life of me why we're mad at not giving Brooks an extension when Brooks is playing like crap. If Brooks had made another leap, and had miraculously turned into a legit top 10 PG, then I could understand us bemoaning that we didn't secure him beforehand. But when he's playing like this? If we had given Brooks a 10 million a year extension, and he's playing like this, we'd be screaming for Morey's head. And if you wanted to argue that he wouldn't be playing like this, at best it means Brooks is mentally weak, which is hilarious given that those who support Brooks always discuss how he is the closer for this team, something which I would assume would require one to be mentally tough. And at worst you're just delving into hypotheticals. Maybe if we had kept T-Mac and resigned him, he would have improved even more from how he's playing in Detroit and would have been an All-Star again. It's stupid hypotheticals, anything could be made up crap. I should know this, I mess with this what if crap quite a bit as part of my research.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I post it because someone claimed that the spurs didn't extend Parker.

BTW, AB was MIP last season. He played at a good level.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When Aaron Brooks is a finals MVP let me know.

1 person likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What the **** does MIP mean to anyone? Turkuglu has been traded twice since he won it. It means even less now since AB isn't good anymore.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Ok, let's go the more practical route this time as opposed to the philosophical one.

If the extension is for more than the Rockets think the player is worth: no deal.

If the extension is for less or equal to what the Rockets think the player is worth: sign 'em up.

If Lebron, Kobe, or any other top player were in this situation, of course we would extend them, because even the max is underpaying them.

If Tony Parker, a 3 time allstar and one of the proven leaders on a championship squad is asking fro $10M a year extension, then sure sign him up. That is equal or less than what he is worth.

Unless Aaron Brooks was asking for $4M a year, why would we extend him? He is not worth much more, yet I doubt he would have accepted that. He is not Lebron or Kobe or even Tony Parker. He is Aaron freakin Brooks. One year wonders in Mike James caliber don't get to make demands.

13. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Well this is clear evidence that his play has not much to do with his injury at this point. I think with that move AB has played himself out of Houston. He needs a new change of scenery as its clear he and Kyle won't work together....its a shame too because they could be such a lethal combo. oh well.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not blaming the org, but they shouldn't be surprised when players don't take kindly to their tactics. Now one of their "assets" is depreciating. Of course they may not care, since they can low-ball him now like they did w/Landry by publicly questioning the health of his knee when it was fine.

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Houston fans always crack me up.

They crucify a Rocket player and want him to leave town (Mcgrady). Keep in mind, Mcgrady wanted to just play and he didn't blatantly openly say he wanted to go to another team.

Then, the same Houston fans are pleading and begging for Carmelo Anthony to come to Houston when Carmelo is b****ing and moaning about wanting to leave to go to New York.

The drama that Carmelo is creating is 10x what Mcgrady did, but yet these "Houston" fans would give their left arm for a traitor like Carmelo.
    :rolleyes:

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

First. Battier already got paid plenty on money more that he probably deserve .

Second. He is playing enough minutes to get his stock high going to FA or to resign with the Rockets even if is for less.

Third. Battier is past his prime. His best day are behind he is no position of complaining.

Forth. You talking about Battier who is probably the best professional in the NBA. You will see Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Melo, even Durant, complain before you see Battier do it.

17. TheFreak

Please stop mentioning Lowry and Scola. Those guys were unproven. Lowry had played like 25 games with the Rockets as a backup. Why would he deserve an extension? Same with Scola. It's really dumb to keep bringing those guys up, like it's the same situation.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Scola played like 25 games with the Rockets when he contract was eligible for extension? Are you thinking about Carl Landry?

19. TheFreak

Battier's latest comments are the closest you'll get to whining from a guy like that.

[rquoter]
    "We've asked for an extension every year since I've been here because this is the place I wanted to be," Battier said. "They've said, 'We're not doing extensions. We're not doing extensions.' After hearing that for a while, you'd get the sneaking suspicions you're not in their future plans."[/rquoter]

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not sure I understand, Scola and Lowry have had just as much, if not more, time with the Rockets then AB. Neither were extended, they were restricted FA agents which put them in the EXACT same situation as AB is now.