1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our options come deadline day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nathan8, Feb 6, 2011.

Tags:
?

Which player could potentially become a Rocket come the deadline?

1. Monta Ellis

5.7%
  2. Stephen Curry

12.1%
  3. Danny Granger

29.9%
  4. Zach Randolph

7.5%
  5. Nene

44.8%
  1. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Since the start of our NBA season I have been reading so much into our options at the 2011 soon coming trade deadline. From the speculations to dealing with the kings that would of brought us DeMarcus Cousins then to our apparent chances of landing Melo with or without the extension.

Rumors have surfaced our team for quite some time now and for if I know Daryl's aggression it's almost inevitable that a deal is done at the deadline and hopefully for the most important void that needs to be filled, a new franchise player.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This trade deadline is shaping up to be a good one. Full of suspense.

3. nathan8

nathan8 Member

It really is isn't it! Fingers crossed!
    How attractive does Steph Curry or Ellis seem :p

4. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Granger would be cool (solid 2-way player), but I think the coaching change they've recently made signals that they have faith in their squad. I don't think the Ws would trade Curry (despite his name popping up in the rumor mill), and wouldn't trade Ellis for anyone on our squad other than Martin, and I'd say no to that deal. Nene is the most probable, and even that is slim, though I'd like that deal most of all.

5. rawool

rawool Member

Where's the 'none' option?

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Steph Curry is a better Aaron Brooks than Aaron Brooks. :p

7. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Very true, that's why I mentioned Danny's name due to his defensive status. How about Z-bo though? We could create an attractive package for the Grizz and force them to basically say yes. Or even a straight up Ming for Z-bo trade could work financially for both parties?...

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Any of them we could do or Ricky Rubio. My list in order of importance.

Stephen Curry
    Montae Ellis
    Ricky Rubio
    Granger
    Nene
    Zac Randolph

9. joesr

joesr Member

wow if we land curry and grnager

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Your top four do nothing to fill the biggest void on the roster. This team lacks a defensive post presence who can rebound and defend the rim.

Of the options listed , I'd take Randolph. He's a rebound machine and would give the Rockets front court rotation some teeth. A rotation of Randolph , Hayes , Scola and Patterson is much better than anything they can put on the court right now and also gives them a guy who can get a high percentage shot from the post or create a mismatch at any time. He might not be a true center but the positives out weigh the negatives.

Of those guy's not listed , DeAndre Jordan of the Clippers tops my list tops my list. He's an unrestricted FA after the season who made only $854,000 this year. Runs the court very well for a big , rebounds well and can deter opposing guards from walking right to the rim for easy layups.

While neither is a star both fix the hole in the middle.

11. avb

avb Member

Shouldn't this poll be 'Which player would YOU LIKE to become a Rocket?' We haven't seen any trade rumors involving those names (other than hearing the Rockets might be interested in xyz player, but the other teams haven't expressed interest in any Rocket players)

12. herro

herro Member

Curry and Granger would be incredible guys to pick up, but I'm skeptical if that's possible...

I might faint if Morey pulls either off combined with Thabeet, Randolph, or Nene

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I doubt we'll get curry though :(
    He's a guy full of potential and the face and future of the franchise

14. monster

monster Member

Must Have Center!

Not saying that these players wouldn't be huge upgrades, but without an upgrade at the 5, we are not going to be contenders. Have we won the tip this year? I've never seen it. How many times have rebounds been volleyballed around, eventually grabbed by the other teams big men?

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

These players are good to have but theyre not what we need. We need an elite player or at least a good big man to come from the trade deadline

16. Htowndaplace2bE

is there a none option??honestly none of these guys are realistic..none of those guy are coming here unless morey can pull off a miracle

17. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

Ok while that is true, last years deadline deal came out of nowhere so why would you say that this years couldnt?

18. brooksssss

brooksssss Member

What are all of these pipe dreams about 1-4 players now?

This team needs a defensive minded NBA center first and foremost. This will improve the team defense of the 1-4 positions considerably. Example go put Luis scola on the magic and you won't even notice his defensive deficiencies.

This gets you to 45-50 wins with current cast. Use some trade exception or expiring and get it done.

Next need is a superstar, but the defensive center must come first or with the star. After your defense is improved by shutting down the middle you can be opportunistic with a free agent or the through the draft and the 3 spot would make the most sense as Battier is in free agent year, Bat could be re-signed in offseason for a discount, but the starter should be a penetrating 3 with a reasonable outside shot.

The rockets are not that far away, but all of this Monta and Curry talk is someones pipe dream. If those guys are destined to improve the rockets, why does GS have the record they do?

1 person likes this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Get Nene and let the moral victory begin!

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

It's interesting, Morey will most likely trade for someone that hasn't even been mentioned or is supposedly is not available. Out of the names above, I can see Morey going after Randolph. Z-Bo is a beast and, while wouldn't be a center, his rebounding and offensive game is exactly what we need on the inside.

One guy I think we need to keep an eye on is Andrew Bogut, he would be beyond ideal for the Rockets. The Bucks just took a horrible loss at home to Detroit and now only a game in front of them. They are only two games out of the playoffs and I'd imagine they want to see if Bogut and Jennings can get them going before making any time of move. Milwaukee is 22nd in attendance and are stuck with a few horrible contracts for the near future. They do have Redd's deal coming off the books but still won't leave them with much room to work with.