1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/1/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanity2disChaos

ummmmmm can we say 2 seven footers (odom damn near makes 3)...NUFF SAID!!!

2. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

So we will not know how Bynum was going to play against us this year (regular season). He missed last 2 games and missing this one as well.. this is our last game against Lakers.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I wish this game meant something. I feel sad that it is doesn't. Even if we win, so what? Les and Morey do you feel our pain, will the Rockets ever be relevant? Bob McNair, are you listening too? Bill, do you still feel our pain? Is there anybody out there?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When we win, we've beaten the Lakers. That's all the satisfaction I need.

6. solid

Retire Adelman, hire this man! He makes sense, I like him.

7. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Les has tried to get us a good team for last few years. Yao/T-Mac/Artest/Scola could have been a really good team. It's very hard to replace superstars... and people who say we all knew Yao was not gonna do anything this season then ok.. I buy it, but still we did not had any options.. it's not like we could have traded him..

At least, we have seen les spending money on this team... am sure we will get a big name soon.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Just heard it on the radio...

and on the Lakers facebook page :

LA Lakers
    Andrew Bynum will not play tonight due to a bone bruise on his left knee (revealed in MRI). He's listed as day-to-day. Phil Jackson said it happened at some point of the Boston game; Bynum is sore, but there is no structural damage.

9. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Leslie Alexander is the best pro-sports owner in Houston. The leadership at the top is something we don't have to worry about. :)

10. solid

That's like saying the TWolves are the best NBA team in Minnesota.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Mitch Kupchak starting up trade chatter. I think he's angling to make a play for Melo with Lamar and Ron. I want to see how those guys play tonight along with Bynum, since those three would obviously be the pieces dangled to other teams for an upgrade for the Lakers.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Leslie Alexander is the best owner in Houston sports over the last three decades. Is that better?

13. solid

I guess, but I still don't agree. Under his ownership, the team has accomplished virtually nothing. Actually, never been a serious contender. The 2005 and the 2008 teams were fun to watch, and besides that, nada. And no, Les A. did not win the two championships, he inherited them. It has been a very long drought under his "amazing" leadership. Until Morey (and to some extent with him) there were a long series of bad drafts, bad contracts, and bad players. Yes, some bad luck thrown in, but the Rockets took a huge risk to draft a "giant" with predictable foot problems and a gimpy TMac, whose back problems were well known. Smart and lucky win in this league.

14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Not the second one...

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

He made them a contender over one summer?

Either Leslie is a genius owner, or he just flat-out did nothing and the team was going to win with him or without him anyway.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yo4PY_FVK7A" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

17. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

I am from Asia, where can i watch the game? ADTHE and channelsurf has been closed.

Can smeone recommend another site to watch the game?

thanks

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

1 person likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The team needs to go out tonight and take care of business. No silly mistakes. The can win tonight. Play anybody who plays defense.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://www.htownsports.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.