1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams the next Gerald Wallace?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ross84

ross84 Member

In all fairness, it doesn't take a genius to understand it. Nobody can be that dumb...

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is F'ing ridiculous

On this board TWill suddenly becomes the second coming of Jordan

the coach must tweak the system to incorporate a second year player that has yet to prove anything and is too dumb or too stubborn to learn a system everyone on the team has adapted to...

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Someone needs to explain to me what Terrence has shown in his time that makes him massively, massively superior to Budinger or Battier.

He's thrown a few nice passes. But he's also displayed chucking tendencies and is somewhat over-aggressive. While it's possible to clearly see there's a potential, I don't see what he has that is oh so obviously superior to Budinger that he's deserving of a starting job. You guys are acting like he'll be the next Lebron. He could be the next Wallace. He could also be the next Gerald Green.

Bibby, Webber, and Peja are not HoF players. The Lakers had two of them, if not top 10 All-Time players.
    And the Blazers lost to the GOAT. And Drexler was nowhere close to Jordan, and those comparisons were stupid.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What the ****, When the hell did T-Will become the most talented player on this team?

Who is the stubborn dumbass here, a player reluctant to learn a system, or a coach unwilling to change his coaching for a d-leaguer.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

Calm down, Rick.

The point everyone has is that we can all see how talented Terrence Williams is. It's pretty obvious from the little time he gets. If he isn't best suited for a motion, off-the-ball offense, then find him a role that he can succeed in. Coaches should adjust their system to fit the best talent that they have.

Look at what happened to Gerald Wallace. He was a very talented player who was unable to fit into Adelman's offense and was left unprotected. I don't want to see that kind of talent be forced off the team again because Adelman won't adjust his system to maximize his players talents.

Perhaps this is coming but only after the trade deadline when (hopefully) Morey opens up a roster spot for him. I'll judge more at the end of the year. Adelman said he needed to see him practice to see where his strengths and weaknesses are. Clearly his strength is having the ball in his hands -- you should adjust your offense to play to his strength if he's going to get PT.

6. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

How about neither?

And Terrence isn't a D-Leaguer. He played three games there, and absolutely dominated.

I'll reiterate this: Everybody is going off the word of a guy who talked to a ball boy. Think about that for a second.

Why does everything have to be one extreme or the other? Terrence has some obvious talent, but he's probably not the most talented player on the team. Even if he was, I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion based only on the time he's played as a Rocket. Does he have the most upside? Maybe. That's why I think a lot of people want to see the kid play. So that these questions can be answered.

7. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Rick must change his system... I mean come on Rick. You gotta somehow use the talent of the future hall of famer!!! He can easily take make us a 50 win team!!!

8. FullMetal Sage

Is it just the offense? Because we need DEFENSE, and hes a great ball handler and passer, so....I guess with RA its O over D. I want some balance damn it.

9. Aleron

Aleron Member

Phil uses the triangle to just chalk up points in the mid game and keep the load off Kobe, much as he would play Michael at small forward when using the triangle, and besides Kobe's never seem that much of a fan of it which would explain why it doesn't get used as much with the Lakers as it did Chicago.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I heard he doesn't know what position he plays

11. tlabauve

tlabauve Member

Sat on the floor for the Clippers game and TWill put up 1 shot during warm ups. Too busy goofing off with Chuck and some security guard to realize he needs to improve his game. If I am a fan and I saw it, what do you think the coaches see.

Practice......were sitting here talking about practice? I know practice is important, I truly do.

12. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Pre-game warm ups is not the time to improve your game...

13. tlabauve

tlabauve Member

Just show me you are trying to improve and are ready to go in the game when called upon.

14. solid

solid Member

He is the next player we will never really see much of, as long as "Rick the Ruler" is here. The vibe I get is that Morey and Rick are not on the same page with this one. TWill is either a "dufus" or the "next big thing." Who knows? Even though he hasn't scored much in the precious few minutes he has played, he impressed me with his vision, passing, and ball handling. He has great size too. I would like an extended look, but he reminds me of several players who have been Rockets in name only. I don't understand why Jefferies doesn't see more minutes. Can he be worse than Hill? Is that possible?

15. anchel

anchel Member

Often repeated, not true at all. He averaged 12 - 5.8 - 4.4 last season after the All-star break, he was named best rookie of the last month. He scored 20 and 19 points over this Rockets team this preseason. I mean, he has not proven anything on this team; he has already proven something in the league.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's not gonna be the next anybody if he doesn't get some PT. -_-

17. gah

gah Member

He did those A) Playing for one of the worst team in league history and used as a last resort. B) You just mentioned it, in preseason.

He hasn't done squat, if anything he comes with baggage, even if we are rightfully giving him a chance to start over from scratch.

Do you want to complain about him not playing? Complain after the trade deadline if we didn’t' trade one of the players fairly ahead of him for a myriad of reasons and we continue our losing ways.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just think how awesome he would be if he stays on and actually learns the system. His shot will be better next year after he takes a million shots over the summer. If he could get his shot up to about 45% avg., he would instantly become one of the most dangerous players in the league.

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

people all sorts of mad in this thread.

People who are against T-Will need to understand that this team isn't going anywhere with the current roster assembled and the people who support T-Will want to start playing the young guys and build for the future. (T-Will, Lee, PPat etc.)

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It think it would be a good idea to put Williams on the floor with Battier at some point. So that Shane could do some coaching every now and then. Better yet, have him in the game with the starters running point. For a short while, at least. Surround him with our veterans for short periods of the game.