1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks, Budinger, and Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

package those three for an impact player and don't let the door hit you on the way out. they can all play, but they all have huge holes in their games. Maybe they'll develop and get better, but we have too many "projects" and we really need some consistency.

1 person likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm still on their bandwagon but if we could get something like this done I'd be fine with it. I think Brooks is unhappy with a diminished role and it can be expected with a young player in a contract year. I think Bud is a great spot of shooter in situational play. I think Hill can be a 12/8 solid PF once he gets a little intensity.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tk6v9d

This matches up and apparently hurts us but I think it slims up the rotation and covers a big need at Center at the same time gives us a potential superstar with some question marks.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Ah, the Mike James year. It ruins players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Look how big his head was when he got here.

[​IMG]
    He has yet to recover.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

These are three frustrating players, especially frustrating because they've shown how much better they can be. I don't know if Brooks's problem is mental and/or physical; whatever, it looks like he might be benefiting from a change of scenery. Ditto JHill. Bud I'm not ready to give up on-- he played great defense last night, better than I've seen him play; then he's a sieve again tonight... Grrr... OK, if we trade him, I'll get over it.

AB didn't lose the game tonight. Rick did, for playing him.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

6. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Brooks: MDP: Most Diminished Player.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And?
    You clearly didn't watch the game tonight if you think he played worse then those three.

Hayes's +/- was the worst out of the starters, but he was far superior to Lowry and Battier tonight.

And ......jesus, maybe the curse really is real.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Why don't you use the GARM for making comments about Rocket game action and roster moves instead of taking pot shots at other posters.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hill or Brooks get traded. Buddinger would be the one I would like to keep of the three.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is why a lot of people don't post in the GARM no more

because of threads like these after EVERY ****ing loss

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

lol, I hardly call that a pot shot. It was just funny and really co-incidental to see they all are DD's biggest favorites that can do no wrong.

I've seen much bigger "pot shots" recenty, ranging from "fat poster with erectile dysfunction ranting about rockets" to "fat white poster b****ing in his webcam" etc etc..some too uncivil to mention here. my supposed "pot shot" sounds like a compliment compared to those actual pot shots. :)

but back on topic, I wouldn't trade Brooks for anything less than Sacramento's Lottery pick. His trade value is much too low.

Who I would love to trade right now, however, is Shane Battier. Battier is playing the best ball of his life at the moment, and a contender would LOVE to have him.

How about Battier to Utah, Clippers, or Golden State for a pick? That would be great.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I wonder what our record would be like if those three were just off the team this year. Hill and Brooks clearly hurt the team, all year long. Giving their minutes to Patterson, Jeffries, Ish, Lee would give us a few more wins. Budinger was a huge negative early on, only now to recover to probably net neutral. However we've seen what he's made of and how he will react when his shots aren't falling, so I am fine with dealing him as well.

Even if their values have fallen off a cliff, if we can't get talent back it would still be a case of addition by subtraction as far as winning, and my mental health.

I would be concerned about selling low on Brooks, since hopefully he can play better than this. However, I would honestly just prefer to watch some good basketball finally, instead of the crap he is throwing up right now. There is no selling low on Hill, since there was never a high.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

This didn't make sense.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

True, everyone outside of houston thinks so. I do too.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sad to say, but it may be that the Knicks (who are crying for a defensive C as well) were not dumb to give him away, but smart in cutting bait with Hill early rather than wasting resources on him.

15. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

for the time being, I'm still supporting Brooks. Never had much of an opinion on Hill and Budinger though, other than the fact that they probably are the 2 most inconsistent players in the league. The reason why I'm supporting AB is not because of last year when he played well but because I really do see him getting better in terms of passing and just playmaking in general. Will he ever be CP3, no but he still has room to grow. I don't see Budinger improving much and Hill has the all the tools but in this league you have to be able to use them and he is slower than slow when it comes to that.
    Hopefully, they can get us a good player but I'd really like AB and one of the other two to stay.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Early in the season there seemed to be a lot of pick and rolls with chase and hill, and just in general a lot of really good feeds to each other. I thought there was a good connection there, but it has dissipated as the rockets game plan has changed through the season, Hill needs to work on his rebounding asap.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Well to any of those teams. I'd be happy with getting back something like a future low first rounder if the nets are willing to take him.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What happened to this guy?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kj_qPnzryqw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUryfSTOxX0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

As much of a douche as D'Antoni is, he was not off for benching Hill and calling him a "bad rookie". Clearly he has no problem playing a guy like Landry Fields, who was drafted much lower than Hill.

As for the Knicks, I don't think they were cutting bait, or intentionally dumping him on us. In his rookie year, he still had more trade value than the future cap space that they got for him. He was only traded here per our insistence. And I don't think we wanted him so bad because of any expectations either, just for the extra carrot in the trade(they didn't have much else of value).

But yes, they were not dumb for giving him away, and giving up on him. They were smart to not let him be the deal breaker to the trade.

20. rjr

rjr Member

People think these guys are frustrating to watch, and they are (sometimes)but they're young,and can only get better.I sure as hell rather be frustrated with Brooks,Bud,and Hil than Mayo,and Thabust.We also need to realise if the team rebuilds we will have this inconsistent, and frustrating play from whatever rookies with upside we get through the draft.That said we do need some changes, and to shorten our rotation.Can't wait till the trade deadline.