1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 126] Silva vs. Belfort

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

:confused:

Why?

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'm loving the Bader/Jones fight. I could see either coming out of this one. I like both fighters, so I just hope no one has a serious injury.

The other 2 I'll watch, but I hate watching Griffin fights so I'm hoping he gets demolished. I am hoping for a GSP/Silva fight down the line, so I'll be cheering for Silva.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Bones is an absolute freak of nature. Dude's got the longest reach in the UFC, and throws some of the nastiest bows I've ever seen (the only blemish on his record was a DQ against Matt Hamill for dirty bows... he was running away with the bout before the mishap).

He's the future of the Light Heavyweight division, IMO. He'll hoist a title belt by 2012.

Easily my favorite fighter, along with Melvin "The Young Assasin" Guillard, another serious contender.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ItfImycSz4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Silva
    Franklin
    Jones.

5. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

SICK card!!! cant wait...

Belfort vs Silva
    I see Silva knocking Vitor out, his counter striking style is a terrible match up for Vitor. Silva's elusiveness and counter punching is going to give Vito serious problems...

Griffin vs Franklin
    Franklin all the way. Franklin is just a better version of Forrest, they do everything well, but Franklin does things better... Franklin by TKO

Bader vs Jones
    I love both these guys, but Jones is going to TKO Bader. His quickness is going to be the key. He needs to be able to pop right back up when Bader takes him down. He should punish Bader in the clinch with knees and finish him with elbows. Jones is on his way to the top and I dont see anyone in the 205 division stopping him.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he's
    [​IMG]
    Done.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

:confused:

Why?

8. sew

sew Member

epic staredown

[​IMG]

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

cannot wait for this card, im look forward to this more than the super bowl! 3 great fights, plus miguel torres making his ufc debut. should be epic!

10. MourningWood

Silva via TKO.

Franklin via KO.

Jones via decision.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Silva submission round 2

Franklin decision

Jones KO RD 2

Jones is the next phenom that should have a great career. I like Bader but think he will have a tough time dealing with Jones length. I kind of wish these two didn't have to meet right now, I'd like to see them a little more seasoned before meeting each other.

12. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Kid yamamoto should be on the main card, at the VERY least prelims on spike

13. MourningWood

Agreed, but that's what makes this the best UFC card to date, IMO. Jones v. Bader is the kind of bout that could be headlining an event a year from now, and I think it's definitely the most intriguing fight on the card.

Dana White stated that Silva v. Belfort "could be the most dynamic, incredible fight we've ever seen," but he's worried that Belfort may be hesitant to engage Silva early in the fight (which I find hard to believe considering he has 12 first-round KOs in his career).

In all honesty, I'm more excited for UFC 126 than I am for Super Bowl XLV.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If Belfort is aggressive we could see an incredible fight, but I kind of agree with White. Most of Belfort's 1st RD KO's came when he was younger, He doesn't always start like he used to. The potential is still there though. I totally believe Belfort CAN win the fight but won't. I think the best way to beat Silva is to smother him and punish him like Sonnen did. Belfort is a great striker but Silva is Just better all the way around

You're right this card has the makings to be great, not to look too far ahead but I think UFC 129 has the potential to be one of the best ever.

15. MourningWood

129's going to be very entertaining with the international theme. All 7 prelims + the main event (GSP v. Shields) feature Canada v. USA.

I'm eager to see Machida v. Couture, as well.

16. opticon

opticon Member

Are you serious?! Machida is fighting Couture, why?

Re-match with Rampage would make a whole lot more sense.

I guess they are saving rampage for the winner of the Shogun evans fight.

17. sew

sew Member

good news.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/2/19...to-air-yamamoto-vs-johnson-video-from-ufc-126

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm taking the following:

Silva, Forrest, Bones, Ellenberger, Torres, Cerrone, Mendes, KID!,

19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

LMAOOO @ the anderson silva video where they say 'Anderson Silva is a monster, he goes in there to destroy you as quickly and nasty as possible'

anyways looking forward to this card

Jones over Bader
    Silva over Belfort

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

FWIW, I was rooting for Belfort to knock out Silva, and I still wouldn't be upset if that happened, but if Silva wins we get the awesome match of GSP vs Silva (if GSP can beat Shields.)

Silva vs GSP

Heck yeah