1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier's Trade Deadline Humor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cujo

cujo Member

Funny when a statement is meant to be funny but is taken literally. :)

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think anyone said it was owed to him. But, it would be a classy thing to do for him and would probably benefit the team anyway.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they trade him wherever it helps the Rox.

DD

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clutch never said they "owed" him a title shot, but that Battier deserved it. I think it goes without saying that any vet who's been nothing but professional over the years deserves it, whether they're a starter, back up, etc.. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

5. MONON

MONON Member

Unfortunately just because the players make millions, doesn't mean that they have "money" in the bank. Human nature says you learn to spend most to all of what you make. It takes a special effert to break that chain. Someone once told me that "We're all broke. Some are just broke at a higher level." I would think that the trade deadline along with the uncertainty of the upcoming CBA would play on some players minds.

I do agree that the uprooting of family is a major concern & fear(while very effective) isn't the best motivator. You put forth your best performance when you're excited about what you're doing.

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I'm calling my shot now. Battier gets traded for what essential will be adraft pick and some filler to make the trade work. The 3 places I see him most likely to end up are with the Lakers, Mavs, or the Clippers.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Clips would be interesting, they could use Battier and they have a dearth of talent and picks.

DD

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Lol carrol Dawson! Give everybody that standard 6 year $42 mil we gave everyone on the roster

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

damn, I read this as "Battier's Trade Deadline Rumor"

How I wish it was "rumor" and not some "humor" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Lets just trade his ass to the timberwolves for anthony tolliver

11. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I think it makes a lot of sense for the Clippers too. Clippers are only 17-26 right now but they are coming on strong lately. Clippers drafted Al-Farouq Aminu this past draft and he is their SF of the future but he just isn't ready to contribute right now. Battier can be that perfect leader and set ab example of professionalism for Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, and DeAndre Jordan.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Occasional, you know that.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Who do you think they have that they are willing to give up? I can't even see them giving up anyone apart from Kaman

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

dearth   [durth]
    –noun
    1. an inadequate supply; scarcity; lack: There is a dearth of good engineers.
    2. scarcity and dearness of food; famine.

. . . I think you meant "abundance" (i.e., the opposite of dearth) there, DD.

Just helping you out, man. Please do the same for me when I inadvertently misuse vocabulary.

;)

1 person likes this.
  15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Man, imagine if he was more on target when trying to score...

we'd have a whole legion of Battier's

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

lmao....powned

17. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

OK, OK. Not likely. But if it did happen maybe a three-way w/a playoff contending team - similar, again, to the Alston deal. We get the most value we can from both teams and Battier gets back what he has given to the franchise, a chance at a ring, which he deserves. And if any team maneuvered that for one of their players in today's NBA, it's the Rockets.

could've also been reaching for 'girth' ;)

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Honestly, that was not intended to be an insult to DD.

Seriously, I was just helping him out with what (I thought) was a misuse of vocabulary. So I looked it up, just to make sure.

I am guilty of misusing words, just like DD. If someone, without trying to make me look too foolish, corrects my mistake and points it out to me, I would be grateful. I'd rather that than continue to misuse words and end up embarrassed in a business or other formal setting.

1 person likes this.
  19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm not sure how financial "stability" can come into the equation for any nba player, lol

20. amaru

amaru Member

Taxes, "straphangers" as my father calls them, family illness, mismanagement of funds (A biggie)