1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier's Trade Deadline Humor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 25, 2011.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

hahaha lol.

adding to that, Looks like Battier likes to score from the corner :rolleyes:

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It seems like Patrick Patterson has been busy.

And, funny how Battier isn't using a lack of extension or uncertainties about trades as an excuse for on court performance.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe because he has made more than $50 million over his career and is financially more stable?

Nah, can't be that?

LOL.

DD

4. Prince

Prince Member

well done Shane.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I would also, to be honest. I love Battier and that he likes it here, but he needs a title shot. Maybe Morey can pull a few rabbits out of his hat to make it interesting in the short-term with Battier, but otherwise need to take a step back to progress for the future.

6. lalala902102001

I still think that this guy is going to be the President some day. :grin:

And yes Battier needs a shot to win a championship and the Rockets need to rebuild. So it's time to trade Shane.

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Bulls are a perfect team for Shane.

If I was Morey, I'd trade Battier to Bulls for Brewer or something.

1 person likes this.
  8. AggieRocketsFan

How can he be so sure about that? :grin:

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But do you have the money in the bank that these guys do? Are you able to go a year or two without working?

Otherwise while the premise is there, the context is not.

Their fear is not financial but rather relocating to a new city without any control over that, whereas you could simply choose not to go...

All things are not equal here.

Fear is indeed a motivator, but the absolute worst kind and one that does not breed quality performance.

DD

#29 DaDakota, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

C'mon, man. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I admire Battier in so many ways. The truth in his humor, as others have mentioned, shows such maturity, professionalism and acceptance.

Certainly, Battier doesn't deserve to have his wife or himself insulted by the fans of the team whose heartbeat owes much, much gratitude.

11. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Great point. Battier is a true professional. I hope only the best for him.

That would be ultra-cool of Morey. And he's done it before, Rafer to ORL. So, we'll see. But, I would be surprised if he's not traded.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That probably plays a role in it but that there are plenty of pro-athletes with tons of money who are whiners. Remember Sprewell complaining that the $10 mil wasn't enough because he had a family to feed?

Battier is just a class act. I get the feeling even if he was earning $50 K he would still do his job professionally.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not really, since no Rocket player has used uncertainty as an excuse for poor performance.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why do the Rockets owe Battier a title shot? Didnt they owe Kenny Smith anotherr contract vs replacing him with Matt Maloney? What about Elie? He went on to bring to to the rival spurs to help bring toughness. Again,the rockets didnt even offer him a contract.

The rockets dont owe Battier squat. If the deal him, hopefully its for a better player or pick. If toronto,Minny or one of the worse teams in the league wanted him to shed salary, so be it.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Battier blocking a trade with a joke!!!!! I'MFUGGGINPISSSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

16. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Its good to have a sense of humor in times like this. Where's AB's?

17. choujie

choujie Member

Battier never had the athleticism Tmac/Kobe used to have, not even close. He doesn't even have the quick first step like Martin.

There was no way Battier could be the same offensive force.

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

Ya I agree, here's a player not getting any younger and he's stuck on a mediocre team in a very tough conference. If I were him, I'd want to be sent to a contendor somewhere.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Bulls need a pure SG. They already have a better (overall) SF in Luol Deng, who is actually a very good defensive player. Shane would not be enough of an improvement to what the Bulls currently have that it would justify the salary package Chicago would have to put together to make the trade work. And I don't think Morey is interested in Deng's long-term contract.

If Morey's getting back a player who is 9-10 years younger, with a similar current skill level plus the ability to get much better, then sure! Let's make "Rafer trades" for all of our veterans!

;)

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Maybe the Bulls should trade for Ben Gordon?