1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best show on TV?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto man, I think they do a great job with their writing. That joke with the sweater had my wife confounded until I told her to think about it for a second.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CEgTeX8J4Uo" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that joke almost put it at #1 in front of modern family.

my current comedy favs:

1. modern family
    2. community
    3. himym

drama:

1. terriers (praying for a comeback)
    2. sons of anarchy
    3. justified

4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

I like Outsourced. That's where I get all my East Indian stereotypes, but funny never the less.

5. rtsy

rtsy Member

Louie.

6. conquistador#11

Everytime one of these threads comes up, I have to put mad men up there. I feel like slapping a secretary in the aS*

That one show where the father tells the story of how he met his kids mother looks very promising.

=)

Put me down for friday night lights too. I wish coach taylor would bring his superb leadership skills to the Texans. He just gets the job done.

7. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

A lot of people are saying Breaking Bad or Dexter for drama. Having watched both, I would say: Breaking Bad >> Dexter. Dexter is a good show.. but it is a level or two below Breaking Bad in terms of characters and story. Dexter has better twists though.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dramas: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter
    Comedies: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Most of my favorites are already listed. But that Tosh clip made me go looking for my favorite Tosh - the breakdown of the kid doing the jump on his bike. The one liners were non-stop. Can't find that one so I had to post another Tosh favorite:
    <div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:tosh.comedycentral.com:253915" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/kid-car-breakdown">Tosh.0</a></b><br/>Tags: <a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips'>Tosh.0 Videos</a>,<a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com'>Daniel Tosh</a>,<a href='http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/web-redemption/'>Web Redemption</a></p></div></div>

10. Voice of Reason

These are my two choices too.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I can understand that. I don't have any issues with his voice, but the hair and shades are a bit annoying. That being said, I couldn't care less - I like finding new, out of the way places to eat. I mean, I've eaten at a place or two he's been to that's been a letdown because it's not like the guy's going to say "damn this place sucks!" while he's there and then air it, but I never would've heard about some of these places without the show.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Love this show. I've watched many a marathon of it. lol. It does get kind of repetitious, though.

I never wanted to watch this show until a friend told me to check it out. It's currently one of my favorite shows and I dvr new episodes of it.

I watched one episode of this show and thought it was just a bit too uh... dumb. I mean come on... a girl walks in and tries to sell her collection of toenail clippings. I damn near changed the channel right there.

Love this show just to see the type of stuff they come up with. I've visited a few old antique shops in small towns just because of this show. Of course, I never buy anything because I know nothing about the stuff. Also agree about Danielle. In some scenes, she's got a nice smile and a great personality. Those tattoos the size of buzzards would drive me nuts, thouigh.

Love this show, but it's gone from being about bike building to being about a soap opera/reality show/dysfunctional family. I side with Jr., btw. Old man is straight up nuts. ;)

13. BiggetyBalla

BiggetyBalla Member

Shameless on Showtime is pretty good so far. Definitely not the best show on TV, but it hasn't been mentioned and I like it.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

It does, which is why I watch all my DVR'd episodes on Sunday mornings. Get it all out of system in 1 day.

Two words:

Chum Lee

Well yeah. All their customers are freaks. The toe/fingernail girl was one of the more normal ones IMO. The show grows on you if you give it a chance and get over the fact that most of the customers are "plants".

I've been meaning to ask my wife to go but have avoided doing so because, well, I am a heterosexual man and there is no cool way to say "hey, let's go antiquing!"

Hence the term "trashy". She just looks like she needs a good spanking.

15. Zackery

Zackery Member

I recently started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia because I heard how great it was from this site. I have a lot of catching up to do as I'm only one season 2 right now. Season 1 was average in the funny scale but BAMMM Season 2 is just on a different level. The first episode "Charlie gets crippled" is one of the funniest episodes I've watched on any series. I hope the rest of the series is the same.

16. Zackery

Zackery Member

Oh and the addition of Danny DeVito to season two just gave the show a different awesomeness. Althought it's kinda hard to believe that he could be Sweet D's and Dennis' dad!!!

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Well, that is addressed

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

CK is arguably the best living comedian, but I'm a little hesitant to call it the best show on TV. I kinda think if FCC evolved/eased up on the broadcast networks you'd see alot of stuff exactly like it. I did like it when the black girl told him to "suck a dick, son."

19. VanityHalfBlack

The Walking Dead...

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Friday Night Lights - Sadly the show is over now, but it was the best thing on TV. For anyone that never took the time to watch it, do it.

Boardwalk Empire
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    The League
    Top Chef
    Real Sports
    It's Always Sunny

It sounds like I need to watch Breaking Bad.