1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jordan Hill Sense of Dread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Ding Ding. You win. Blaming a 2nd year player for some of the teams woes sucks. The rockets lost two superstars to career ending injuries and this is just part of the DREADFUL process the franchise is going to have to go through.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, like many people like to say around here, Jordan Hill is a project. Give Hill six or seven years and he may be a decent player.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

You can see the frustration in the defense when the refs call those fouls for Martin. Guarding him has to be one of the most frustrating things as a players because everytime they show the replay it does not look like a foul.

I'll take it since he plays for the Rockets though :cool:

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I agree with you 100%. He needs another 7 years to get there.

That alone is proof that he is CRAP and WORTHLESS. A prospect is someone who may take around 3 seaosns to develop. Anyone that is going to take 7 years on longer is called BUST.

Name me another prospect that teams wauted that long for? The only guy I can think of is Darko adn everyone gave uop on him after one yeard of having him. No team in their right mind would waste 7 years to develop a player - that is INSANE!!!!

If you are a good player you will start playing good basketball sooner rather than later. Its that simple.

Wow!!!! He will be 30 by then and will have lost some of his speed and athletecism. We get fresh blood in rookies and draftess every year, the chances of finding someone better in that time is like 100 times more. Thats why teasm dont and wont wait around for players like Hill who takes 7 years to develop.

I cant belive guys wanna wait 7 years for this guy - its not like he is going to turn into Vlake Griffin in that time. - Please dont argue with me on this comment, you willl ose every time.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Not only that but he's playing out of position. I hope the Rockets realize he is a PF and end this experiment as a Center next year.

6. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

It's a weave.

7. FullMetal Sage

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Its funny how you say don't argue with me, but your comment is filled with stupid assumptions and horrible spelling. This is what happens to a fan base when their team has been stuck on mediocrity and false hope. First round fodder and dark horse predictions. Some how you guys can't bare the thought of having a BAD team. Hill started playing basketball his junior year in high school and played at ARIZONA for two years. Its not like the guy was a superstar player at Texas, Kentucky, or other of the top basketball schools. Hes was drafted not by us, and we got him for nothing. You guys have no patience whats so ever. If the Rockets get a top ten player in this years draft and hes not the greatest of all time in a months worth of regular season ball. Then he will be considered a bust and ya'll will want him traded. Its sad, but it true.

1 person likes this.
  8. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

hey carl!!! he has dreads that could be it?

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Whenever we're up by five with four minutes left.

That my friends is dread.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Let him get his six or seven years somewhere else, then. If and when he becomes a decent player, he can get minutes on this team.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've felt a sense of dread ever since he took a meaningful role on this team. I'll proclaim that he is a bust. The "he's only been playing basketball for a few years" excuse is going to get him another season or two from some folks but at some point people are going to realize that he is a lot like Ariza. On the surface, he appears to have good physical gifts for basketball but once you really watch him he is missing so many of the gifts (hand-eye coordination, good hands, intelligence) necessary for him to be a decent NBA big man.

Sorry, Hill, you are not THE MAN.

12. gah

gah Member

Wow, shortsighted comment from you.

I admit his coming of age is not a sure thing to happen and I'd rather see him traded for an upgrade but Hill is playing out of position and out of timing and most importantly, out of necessity, he is being thrown out there because he is the closest thing we have to a center, if not he would have had as short a leash as he had in the beginning of the season, which by the way, I’ve said I think is best for his development.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, every year there is a scapegoat and usually it is the guy with a lot of expectations going into the season. Last year it was Ariza, who I thought was a above average player but capable of starting in the NBA on a lot of teams.

To those who thought we were getting the next T-Mac then well....they were disappointed.

14. SunsRocketsfan

i feel a sense of dread the second the ref throws the ball up at tipoff..

15. rju1986

rju1986 Member

I think that's racist, just because he has dreads? :)
    I like Jordan Hill, no homo.

16. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

After watching our team get bullied by Bass and Dwight, Jordan should see that he needs to gain some serious weight. Other than Chuck, everyone was getting outmuscled. Lift some weights, dammit!

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If this is the kind of patience we as a fanbase show with "young and raw" then I dont want to be anywhere near this forum when/if we are "officially" rebuilding.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So trade him then for a real young center prospect.. Nene for Hill and Scola. Thats sounds about right. Maybe even add in Yaos contract and get back Billups and Harrington?

19. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Players with dreads are always out there with their eccentric personalities (Brain Grant, Etan Thomas, Micheal Dickerson, etc). They seem to be free spirits who enjoy the fruits of life but don't seem to focus on anything in particular. Just think of all the players who've had the hairstyle. Bosh cut them off finally and he looks a little more focused. I'm sure playing with two superstars helps too.

20. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

yea, i dont understand...probably the most inconsistent guy right now...then brooks...AB is terribly inconsistent now. lol