1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffippers vs Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Jan 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

:(

Disappointing

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Really?

I think it's a little more sad that every single player on the clipper's starting lineup is better than the Rockets yet they are still behind us.

3. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

How about them Los Angeles Blakers?

1 person likes this.
  4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Not really.

Clippers have always had the talent and with Griffin and Gordon becoming one of the top duos in the league, it really isn't sad.

We basically lost our duo and Kevin Martin is considered our best player by NBA fans.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

bc the clips have a superstar big man and all-star wing man. we have nada.

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I about to dispute that but then I thought about it... only advantage we have is in SF with Battier. Disappointing to realize.

We're still better than the Clips but only because of Adelman's system and the Rocket's organization. Any team owned by Donald Sterling has gotta uphill battle ahead of em.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Anytime you're as good as Griffin you will have your fair share of haters.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for some reason i can't shake this nagging feeling that i don't like griffin and i'm rooting against him. i can't figure it out at all because i want to like him. it wasn't that he went to ou because even a month ago i was loving watching the highlight reel dunks and looking at his stats. maybe he's just been too good too quickly and since he's not on my team it's temporarily making me mad. i think i didn't really like lebron for the first few years for the same reason so hopefully i'll come around on griffin as well. the dunks are still cool, though.

9. trustme

trustme Member

Now only if he can learn how to block shots.

10. trustme

trustme Member

But there is nothing to hate about him. He doesn't say stupid things in the media. He doesn't act cocky on the court. He doesn't punk around little players. Nor does he look like Larry Bird. What about him is there to hate?

1 person likes this.
  11. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

No a Griffin hater but have you not seen this video?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nQrNYIBw3fw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

You didn't watch the Miami vs LA Clippers game did you? Do a google search on him and Mario Chamlers in that game, last quarter.

13. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

fixed

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Clipers have Kaman to come. Davis, Gordon, ?????, Griffin, Kaman is still solid and dangerous starting line up. Theyn they have Bledsoe, Aminu and Jordan coming off the bench, Diogu has been playing good as well.

Thye need to find a solid SF, and then upgrade over - Gomes, Foye, C.Smith and R.Butler. If thewy can do this I see them becoming threat in the playoffs next season as they build better chemistry.

They gotta get rid of Gomes, Foye, C.Smith and R.Butler. As long they still have to rely on these rejects - they remain weak.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That has some to do with it, but not the whole thing.

Its because a lot of people have seen it all before - a bunch of buzz and sizzle and people anointing the next big thing. Basically having players SHOVED DOWN YOUR THROAT is what causes resentment, not really the players themselves.

I'm in the LA area, and as good as Griffin is and crappy as the Clippers have been I want to see TEAM BALL, not Los Angeles Blakers. I don't want to see grown men like Baron Davis and Eric Gordon giving up their livelihoods to give Blake Griffin visibility. Especially for a scumbag like their owner Donald Sterling.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I don't get why the Clippers start Gomes along Griffin and Blair... shouldn't they have a more prototypical 3 guard there instead of an undersized 4? He isn't even hitting 40% playing so far away from the basket.

They really should be a .500 team, things haven't been this good since Darius Miles, Quinten Richardson, Corey Maggette, Lamar Odom and Elton Brand got me harder than I usually am. As a GM it must be nice to ignore the team for a while as it swims on the bottom of the ocean collecting all that insane talent, then watching it grow (see: OKC Thunder).

Chandler and Curry never turned out to be the next big things for the Bulls, but that was an exciting time for Chicago fans.

That fackin nerd Morey needs to get his act right. ******* asset accumulation and aiming for the 8th seed. We're going to be the best ever "median" team on statistical distribution chart of the 30 teams. No one will be as good as sticking to the median as the Rockets.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

This is true. It happens a lot in sports. Kind of like Tim Tebow in college.

18. Good Times

Good Times Member

I'm not going to be a Clipper bandwagon fan but it's clear that Blake will be an MVP at some point.

He is very much a team player if you have watched him play. I read he was very timid on taking too many shots and according to his coach said he didn't want to make his team mates feel as if he was the star of the team. It wasn't until a month into the season that his team talked with him and they told him to stay aggressive on offense. If not for this he probably be happy scoring 15pts a game. I watched last night's game and he wasn't looking to shoot in the 3rd and 4th until the end of the game when his team started to fall behind. He made the clutch 3pt to break the tie with less than a min left. And he did that out of a timeout with only 2 seconds on the clock.

The guy loves to pass, see his 7 ast by half time in last night's game. He's averaging 5 assist in the last 5 games and probably could be avg more if it wasn't for the clippers weak outside shooting.

His only real weakness is his ft shooting which is improving. He does play aggressive but he's not a kid that wants to harm others. He's just so big that his size leads to knocking people over with his hard play. Who wouldn't want a player that hustles and push and shove a little bit to get that win?

He's a well spoken kid and after listening to his interview last night after the game it's easy to see he's not one of those "It's all about me".

19. Rockets_4_life

Deandre Jordan is higher in the picking order, than Chris Kaman, who is a weak defender...

They are actually shopping Chris Kaman, for an upgrade at SF...

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Clippers need someone like Tayshaun Prince