1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texting while Walking.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smoove shoez, Jan 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Technically couldn't they counter sue her for potentially endangering other consumers? I mean she dove face-first into a fountain, got her shoes/sandals or the whole area from her ankles down wet... AND decides to just walk away surely leaving a trail of wet, slippery fountain-water where someone else can easily slip and break their arms, hands, ankle sprain, etc.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Unreal, only in America, in the UK, they would toss it out of court and charge her with any fees associated with the filing.

That should happen in the US too...stop the frivilous dirtbag lawsuits.

DD

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Too lazy to find the source, but saw on the news this morning that she's had run in's due to identity theft (stole a credit card and charged $5k), and a few other things. The security person that posted it was also fired. She won't be filing a lawsuit anymore....now she just wants an apology. The sad thing is, she doesn't even deserve that, but she'll probably get it just to make this all go away.

Pugs

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I thought the op was going to rant on texting and walking. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. You see it everywhere these days. The club, mall, library, park, I usually try to refrain from texting and walking, you look like a mindless drone walking with your head down looking at your stupid device.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Oh don't you worry, she is getting hammered... not for this, but for something else.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"GET PAID" The American Motto

This is Pure Capitalism . . .Capitalize on a situation
    to be against this is to be again Capitalism!!

Let the Market decide

Rocket River

7. VanityHalfBlack

Back in my days of college, I saw someone get hit by a car in the Albertson's parking Lot... It was raining heavily and when the driver backed out and proceeded to drive away she hit a guy riding his bicycle....
    I saw the whole freaking thing, I laughed and was shocked at the same time..

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So, still, she cannot provide any evidence herself to prove it was her, right? Yeah, the mall has better footage, but it isn't in her possession and she wouldn't have access to it without some type of court order. Why would the mall willingly turn over evidence to help her sue them? The process for her to get her hands on that verifying footage would probably take a lot of effort...and by that time the mall could've deleted it.

9. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

There was at least one lady that checked on her after she fell and also the janitor who could possibly confirm her identity if subpoenaed to testify.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Apparently, this lady has pulled other scams previously, such as identity theft in 2009. Is it possible this lady staged this accident to scam more money?

She has changed her mind about the lawsuit, after her previously scam was revealed.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-fumbles-with-the-law-23922546

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:confused:

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Suing? How ridiculous...

I was originally going to say my daughter ran into a security sensor at the front of Macy's last november. She had a bloody nose, et al, but she was texting and wasn't paying attention. no big deal. she was more embarrassed than anything else.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Eh, okay, that's weird, why do all these headlines say 'no one came to my aid' if someone checked on her? Regardless, how is she going to trackdown this supposed lady that checked on her? Do you think they swapped info at that moment? It was one random lady at the mall who probably just asked 'are you alright?'...the soaked woman was probably embarrassed and just said 'yeah' and walked off, it's highly unlikely anything beyond that was said.

The janitor? Meh, I didn't see any janitor, but he probably had to do a little mop up afterwards. It doesn't matter anyway, apparently she's not stupid enough to continue with the lawsuit.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:grin: Woooopsie. She could be faking it.

[as if hitting a button on every word] "FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE."
    He makes an appearance at the end of the video, where the shot is from the perpendicular angle to her walking. He is walking away from the camera and pushing his cleaning car, and stops to say something to the lady. :eek:

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like such an obtuse scam so I don't think it was staged. That said it seems pretty foolish to bring attention to yourself, at a mall no less, if you are under suspicion for credit card fraud and identity theft.

16. ThaRed

ThaRed Member

Lady: "I was definitely *dumb*founded..."

I like how in the interview, when she starting almost crying, they played the original video and you could totally hear the people laughing. Perfect timing.

17. rtsy

rtsy Member

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

maybe she posted the video on youtube and said she was suing so the video would get more hits.

20. k-money

k-money Member

why does this lady face criminal charges?