1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 3, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Member

You keep thinking that maybe we're just overreacting....and then something like this comes along and makes the case that it's even more indefensible to keep him than we thought.

The extension was still the thing that upsets me the most. It literally built in the excuse about paying him.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

YES! They have an excuse not to fire him because they made another stupid decision the year before.

It's just so frustrating.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Am I suppose to believe you with those numbers? I'll have to go look myself.' - GK

or

'Yeah, those numbers aren't pretty but we're gonna keep battlin' and keep fightin'. We sure as hell haven't quit. Just gotta keep pushin' and good things should come our way.' - GK

4. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Off topic, but I laugh at your sig every single time I see it.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

"We didn't come out ready to play, and that's my fault. We've just got to continue to get better."

6. msn

msn Member

flashbacks! *arrrrrgh*

I remember being just as sick and tired of what Capers would say back in 2005 after every loss. It was like a freaking broken record.

7. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Member

Arian Foster on First Take:

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=6014826"/></object>

1 person likes this.
  8. weslinder

weslinder Member

I don't buy the A-list talent stuff with Peterson. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen him as a lock-down corner in college. I don't think he has the physical tools to translate to a lock-down corner in the NFL. He's too big, and doesn't seem to cut well enough to keep up with the great route runners. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't get burned, but letting a receiver get 2 or 3 yards of space is the difference between a incomplete pass and a completed pass with immediate tackle. I don't see him becoming a pro-bowler at corner.

All of that is said with the caveat that scouts have a lot more experience than I do and are more likely to be right, but there are busts every year.

9. Two Sandwiches

The Houston Texans - Where we're reduced to talking about wardrobe and gifts when we get television interviews.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Well isn't that just peachy of them.....

Honestly, if they had raised prices, there would still be an assload of people lining up to buy tickets. It would have been a really, really *****ty thing to do by the Texans, though.

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Soooooo Tramon Williams......we cut him back in 06...that ruined my day. Oh well

13. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Member

Hoke and Richard Smith were on the Texans coaching staff responsible for that. They are no longer here. Revisionist history.................

14. Fiah

Fiah Member

X2 :mad:

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

God, Sports Sunday doing a piece on the Oilers/Chiefs playoff game. 17 years ago. smh

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

[​IMG]

If there is a lockout, does that mean no one can sign free agents until after its settled?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Correct^^^. No player movement. No FA, no trades

18. Uprising

Uprising Member

To my understanding yes. Hopefully it'll be resolved.

19. Remix

Remix Member

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I missed sports Sunday, glad I did, I was at that game. I took the bus trip with Griff's bar.

I was always a big Montana guy being a big Notre Dame fan and from Indiana. Didn't matter to me Montana was on the other side, I was a diehard Oilers fan(until they left for Tennessee) My heart was ripped out by someone I once idolized, it was crushing to say the least.

I don't want to relive that game just like I don't want to relive the Buffalo loss.