1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When is the last time you _____?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Jan 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

...used a pay phone? I'm not even sure. It must have been 10 years or more ago.

...used a phone book instead of the internet when looking for a phone listing? About five years ago when I was moving and my computers were packed.

...used a road map instead of GPS? Last year

...paid for gas with cash at the counter instead of paying at the pump? Last month

...mailed an actual personal letter to someone via USPS instead of email? Yesterday.

...used a VCR? Probably 3 years ago to watch some old movies that I don't have on DVD.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm surprised more people don't send greeting cards by USPS.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Long time ago

long time ago

recently

recently

long time ago

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

see above for my answers

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

...used a pay phone? At least 15 years or longer

...used a phone book instead of the internet when looking for a phone listing? Just the other day - my wife though has graduated to looking for numbers on the internet, I haven't caught up as of yet

...used a road map instead of GPS? I don't have GPS but at the same time, I usually print off driving directions from the internet

...paid for gas with cash at the counter instead of paying at the pump? Been so long that I can't remember; probably longer than using a payphone.

...mailed an actual personal letter to someone via USPS instead of email? tough one as I can't remember but maybe when I was in college and that was like 15 to 16 years ago?

...used a VCR? still use these from time to time as we have movies and specials on tape that we like to watch.

6. matt8504

matt8504 Contributing Member

...used a pay phone? about 8 years ago

...used a phone book instead of the internet when looking for a phone listing?
    2 months ago
    ...used a road map instead of GPS? 3 months ago

...paid for gas with cash at the counter instead of paying at the pump? 2 years

...mailed an actual personal letter to someone via USPS instead of email?
    can't remember

...used a VCR? This morning

7. dmc89

dmc89 Member

used a pay phone? 2008, when Lehman collapsed. Everyone's cell phones had jammed because of mass panic, so I had to use one to place a call.

used a phone book instead of the internet when looking for a phone listing? About 2001 for a plumber.

paid for gas with cash at the counter instead of paying at the pump? Try to avoid using plastic all the time to stave the inclination to spend more, so last week.

mailed an actual personal letter to someone via USPS instead of email? Last year, I was in a relationship, and so we wrote one another letters rather than calling each other multiple times a day.

used a VCR? Not since 2000. Had a bunch of VHS movies that never came out on DVD but eventually they all did. Wish I could say the same for Blu Ray.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have some more:

...When is the last time you changed the TV channel manually?
    (Other than when my remote batteries went out, probably the '80s)

...When is the last time you walked into a travel agency to book a flight?
    Early '90s, for work

...When is the last time you used an ice tray?
    Sadly, all the time. Currently don't have a water line to my frig.

...When is the last time you served a guest water straight from your kitchen tap (unfiltered)?
    Recently. Boulder water, ftw.

...When is the last time you made Koolaid or any other powered juice drink--not counting hangover powdered mixes...
    Last October at my friend's mountain lake house.

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

...paid for gas with cash at the counter instead of paying at the pump?

I only pay in cash after having had my account hacked 3 times at the pump.

10. dback816

dback816 Member

Pay phone - Last year

Phonebook - A few months ago

Paid cash at gas station - paid cash for a full service station, didn't leave my car if it counts

Roadmaps - google map printouts count?

Personal letter - mmm nope

VCRs - gave our VCR away ages ago, still have some old tapes that I wouldnt mind revisiting but cant...