1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spider-Man 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Aug 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Never did like Raimi's spidey costume and don't like this one either. Just don't like the stupid plastic look on it. But I have to admit he does look kinda good in this costume than Macguire did since he's a little skinnier and elongated.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Oh god why?

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

****! Can't they even get this casting right? Emma Stone does not look good in blonde as Gwen Stacy. She's more of a Mary Jane type if you're going by the comic book look. Elisha Cuthbert should have been Gwen Stacy.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will he still shoot webs out of his wrist . . .or will he have to invent the webshooter?

Rocket River

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm hoping for the webshooter. Truly taking it back to the cartoons. Don't know if it was the same case in the comics.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm hardly an comic book expert (always been more into the animated stuff) but I think most people would find it fairly similar.

7. VanityHalfBlack

The Dark Knight of Spider-man movies or at least that's what I'm hoping for....

8. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Don't get your hopes up for a dark knight-esque movie but the production team and director seem qualified. The actors, not so much. We'll see.
    It's ridiculous how many superhero movies are coming out: thor, captain america, iron man 3, hulk, wolverine 2, magneto movie (somewhere down the line), green hornet, green lantern, deadpool (if creator and fox can agree on anything). These are just ones off the top of my head. Out of all of these, I think Spidey, thor, and iron man 3 seem the most promising.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I am wondering what they are planning with Gwen Stacy. Are you going to kill her off in the first or second movie and how? I was totally pissed off with the Sam Raimi's version where he totally messed up the Gwen Stacy story line. They better do it right this time around. I want to see more of Peter's hardship.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/13/andrew-garfield-spider-man-costume-2/

good article on how they went into detailed about the costume

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

After a close examination I have a change of heart. I like the costume and the material they are using. First I thought it was the same stupid rubber suite of Sam Raimi's version. Sam Raimi's version of the costume were horrendous because of the thick rubber web lines and it just look horrendously bad in daylights. The worst part of Sam's version was Spidey's mask and the eye sockets. So far I really like the fabric light of this costume version and I'm damn curious to know how they are going to do with the mask especially with the eye sockets.

12. worzel gummidge

It looks like a "hard" costume. There might be unwanted squeaking like the DD costume Ben Affleck wore.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[​IMG]

I think it's pretty obvious which one is better. The slimmer and sleeker look makes more sense to me. Besides the obvious powers, Spider-man's strength relied on his agility, speed, and finesse.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

On a side to side it's a lot clearer, the new one does look a lot better.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Cuthbert is gorgeous...but I think this reset is trying to focus more on Parker as a high school kid. I don't know if Cuthbert would be the best choice to pull that off.

But I'm with you. Emma Stone seems a perfect Mary Jane...but not a Gwen Stacy.

Looking forward to seeing Spidey in 2012...yeah, I know you're all shocked! :) Hopefully they stay true to the Peter Parker character.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Looks low budget.

[​IMG]

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Looking really good here but I don't understand why set pics you can't even see the black webbing. Must be the plastic is pretty reflective.

[​IMG]

Another this is that I don't understand why is it so hard for them to come up with a story line to how he came up with that professional looking costume. How about having some brilliant student invented a machine that can fabricate any kind of clothing design by punching through a computer and Peter use it to create his costume? It's like a fabric printer where you feed in the materials and it spit out your design you created.