1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami is now 1st in the east with the longest win streak in NBA and Cleveland is last

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Al Capone, Jan 10, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

No, Lebron James does not suck. Anyone who is a true basketball fan knows he is a amazing talent and one of the top players in the league. He can make his teammates around him better and is just physically a amazing athlete. However that doesn't change the fact that he is still a huge egomaniac douche bag.

2. supdudes

supdudes Member

Soo....what's the point of this thread again?

Cleveland last? That's too bad considering how much dedication that they poured to keep LBJ...crap city, awesome fans.

Heat's first? Not unsurprising...good for them.

Damn there really aren't any rational fans anymore are there...everyone is nuthugging or bandwagoning or hating. It's ridiculous.

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Quoted for truth.

4. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Yes, everyone else obviously takes a distant second to your precious Heat.
    So... why are you even on a HOUSTON ROCKETS forum?

5. Steve_Francis_rules

Lebron is definitely a better three-point shooter than Kobe, as he's shown by shooting a higher percentage for the last couple seasons.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's what I was thinking. Say what now???

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Excuse me? Let's take a look at the past 5 seasons.

Kobe
    05-06 - 34.7%
    06-07 - 34.4%
    07-08 - 36.1%
    08-09 - 35.1%
    09-10 - 32.9%

Lebron
    05-06 - 33.5%
    06-07 - 31.9%
    07-08 - 31.5%
    08-09 - 34.4%
    09-10 - 33.3%

So over the past 5 yrs Kobe has shot a better percentage than Lebron in every yr except last yr and yet somehow Lebron is a better 3pt shooter than Kobe.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Lebron was better in the most recent one, plus he's better so far this year. Fine, I'll change "last couple years" to "last year and a half."

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Thats a pretty small sample to use to come to the conclusion that Lebron is a better 3pt shooter than Kobe especially when you factor in that Kobe has been dealing with a finger injury and also takes more difficult attempts than Lebron does. Kobe is getting worn down and his season numbers are suffering but he proved last playoffs that when its time to step up he can still come through.

10. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

They're not gonna beat Boston with or without homecourt

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGW5IXAz-fE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGW5IXAz-fE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't think the sample is that small. Both guys take a lot of threes, so we're talking about 450-500 attempts each.

I guess Game 7 of the NBA Finals isn't the right time to step up then, because in my book 6/24 isn't proving you can come through when it matters most.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

don't bother arguing with a Steve Francis fanboy lol remember Kobe always owned Steve so of course he's gonna be hatin ;)

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Maybe they won't have to. If Miami finishes first and Boston is second or third, Orlando might take them out first.

Then if Miami plays in the Finals against LA, they're guaranteed to win with or without homecourt advantage. I can provide "evidence" too:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVTvkepsVQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVTvkepsVQ4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Steve Francis was a point guard and I don't remember him matching up one-on-one with Kobe very often. In fact, I can't remember any signature matchups that would lead to the conclusion that "Kobe always owned Steve."

The Lakers pretty much owned the Rockets during those years, but that's a different matter.

15. clippy

clippy Member

What the hell is this? From this video you'd think the Lakers dominated the game. No wonder so many Faker fans are homers!

16. clippy

clippy Member

+1. More posts like this from you, please.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Did you watch that game? The Celtics were not letting Kobe beat them that game but Kobe refused to accept that and pass the ball. His shot selection during that game was awful. Nobody could have hit the shots he was forcing up but as i mentioned earlier its things like that they make his 3pt % less impressive than it should be. Pointing to that game as an example of Kobe being a bad shooter is ignoring the situation. That was an example of him being selfish not a poor shooter. Kobe dominated 4 or 5 of those games when the Celtics actually allowed him to shoot.

18. clippy

clippy Member

FYP. You don't shoot 40% for a series "dominating" 4 or 5 out of 7 games.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Obviously you don't know how math works. So here are some Kobe game stats for you.

Game 1 - 30 pts 45% fg 50% 3p, 7 rebounds, 6 assists
    Game 4 - 33 pts 45% fg 54% 3p, 6 rebounds, 2 assists
    Game 5 - 38 pts 48% fg 40% 3p, 5 rebounds, 4 assists
    Game 6 - 26 pts 48% fg 25% 3p, 11 rebounds, 3 assits, 4 steals

So in those 4 games he averaged 32/7/4 shooting about 46.5% from the field and 40% from behind the arc and that isn't dominating?

20. clippy

clippy Member

Math has nothing to do with this. I have standards for "dominance", eg, what Lebron did when he "choked" vs the Magic or what Wade did in '06. Of the games you listed, only Kobe's game 5 stood out, not because of the 38 points but because of the display he put on in (I think) the 3rd quarter (although it ended up freezing his teammates). If a 26/11 game is considered "dominant" these days, then guys like Howard, Griffin, and Love must be dominating every day.