1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official Miami Heat 2010-11 season thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Al Capone, Oct 6, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lebron and wade are getting better every month. it's scary what both will look like in april.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The 2nd half of this game was awesome. I thought the Heat would blow the Blazers out in the 3rd quarter but props to LA for dominating Joel Anthony and Chris Bosh. I've never seen him play this inspired for so many games. Clearly Brandon Roy was holding him back.

LeBron? What can you say? Haters gonna hate no matter what, but he's still the most entertaining guy in the NBA. Ridiculous performance.

Bosh and LA are buds from Dallas and it showed after the game. Looked like Bosh was congratulating LA at length on toasting him tonight.

Interesting postgame ritual between Wade and LeBron after LeBron's victory lap taunting the crowd.

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Mother of God, Lebron 44-13-6-2. :eek:

And an ice cold dagger three to put the nail in the coffin.

I'm sorry but that was the most amazing performance ive seen all season.

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Anyone got a video of that dagger 3 by lebron?

It was nearly a step back, with two guys on him, completely unguardable.

Unreal.

5. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

These guys are getting better than I thought. Only problem I see is relying too much on BIG 3. Boston will take away those easy paint points from them and also make other people beat them other than Big 3.

6. t_mac1

mike miller has to be himself for them to reach that next level. james jones is too one-dimensional. mike miller can make plays to open things up for lebron/wade and let them cut. and makes it harder to double bosh inside.

7. lalala902102001

That was a heck of a comeback. Who said Lebron and Wade can't win MVP?

8. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Celtics can hold Lebron and Bosh pretty well, but they have trouble against Wade, as last year playoffs showed. I dont think they can slow down all 3, for a 7 game run. Plus Lebron will break out for a few games against them, as he did last year.

Still it will be great to watch, and I imagine the ratings to go thru the roof.

9. t_mac1

celtics can't check lebron (check the 2 games this year and 4 games in the reg. season last year). lebron's elbow made his perimeter game suspect in the celtics series and made him easier to guard (yet he stll put up 29 ppg).

this was what lebron hoped for. when the ball wasn't in his hands, the heat can still make plays with wade or bosh. he doesn't need to do every single play all game.

and that was why all 3 guys made big shots.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tonight, the big 3 scored 96/107 of the Heat's points. They shot 41/65. The other players were 4/14. That is not sustainable.

Regarding the Celts, I have no doubt the Heat can beat them. Their two games were very early in the season, before the Heat starting figuring things out, and the Celts didn't win convincingly.

I'll say right now that if the Celts are healthy throughout the playoffs, the Heat have the best chance to take them out. A healthy Celts squad matches up perfectly to beat the Magic and Lakers.

11. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

The Big 3 had 97 of the Heat's 106 points.

[​IMG]

12. whoopthereitis

whoopthereitis New Member

oh my gosh, did u see lebron tonight vs portland, what a beast lol.....staring the crowd down after he made those 3's :D

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With legit teammates, the Celts can't afford to devote half of their defense on LeBron. It will be totally different this time around if they meet in the playoffs. We'll see how much they "hold" him (not that I'm even agreeing with you they ever have).

14. t_mac1

and yet, the only team who can beat the heat are the celts. if healthy, their interior defense is the best in the L and that is what you need to contain lebron/wade/bosh. and they have the inside-outside offense to counter miami's great defense.

miami can stop orlando's shooters, and dare howard to beat them for 4 games in a 7 game series, which won't happen.

and the heat match up perfectly with the lakers.

15. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Lebron led the Heat tonight in:

• Assists
    • Steals
    • Clutchness
    • Cold Bloodedness
    • Calories Burned
    • Money Earned

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Celts have little post game. KG doesn't count because he's mainly a jumpshooter. LBJ>>PP and Wade>>>Ray Allen. KG>Bosh but not offensively. I don't see why the Heat would have troubling disrupting the Celts offense. In reverse, the Heat don't need layups to score. Bosh can part at 15-17 feet to draw KG while LeBron and Wade have their way. The Celts are programmed to stop post scoring, which is why they are primed to beat the Magic and Lakers.

The Lakers (not the Celts) are perfectly suited to beat the Heat because they have two post players, neither of which the Heat can guard. Plus they have Kobe. THAT is the best formula for beating the Heat. (Of course the Lakers have to get hungry again and play up to their ability).

Orlando improved themselves with the trades, but the Heat are better. They cannot "stop" Orlando's shooters, which is kind of crazy to say. On the other end, even with Howard's interior presence, the Magic have no answers at all for the Heat's big 3.

17. t_mac1

you forgot rajon rondo. his ability to roam around will force rotation. that's why you see pierce switching onto either the PG or wade and he can post them up. and ray allen can always go around screens. 1-on-1, lebron/wade murder those guys. but the celts don't play 1-on-1 ball. and that's why they're great. however, pierce and ray always decline in the playoffs, esp ray. but they play great team D. i never said the heat can't beat them, but it will be their toughest matchup in their quest for the championship.

i disagree with you on the lakers. pau gasol is a PERFECT matchup for bosh. PERFECT. and bynum is well bynum. they have kobe. but the heat have lebron and wade, who are both better than kobe right now and will be down the line. and the lakers are too slow and old on the perimeter to challenge the heat perimeter defense.

if you saw the cavs-orlando series a few years ago, lebron shut down the guy he was guarding. but orlando gave the ball to the guy lebron wasn't guarding and he went off. you can't do that with wade or even chalmers. so i still say they will slow down orlando's jump shot happy offense a lot. and dwight still can't carry a team by himself offensively.

18. whoopthereitis

whoopthereitis New Member

oh my gosh i love this comment!!!.......CAUSE ITS ALL TRUE!!!!

19. VBG

VBG Member

Lebron was unreal in the 4th and OT. Wade was solid too.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how long was the orgasm after reading that comment?