1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan - THE MAN - Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 27, 2010.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

DD can be very annoying when he posts and is very stubborn in his opinions. He can also be very hypocritical or selective when he argues. Therefore, a lot of people (especially newer members) dislike him. I personally find him amusing.

2. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I hope so because stupidity is not curable. I would hate to see Hill go down the Stromile Swift route.

3. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

im new and he is fine with me. he is been her for a long time i think he knows what he is talking about. all 75 thousand post of his deserves some respect. Im not kissin butts just wanna learn from veterns at this not new people talking about curses!

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL the first thing you should probably learn if you are going to be part of this BBS is to not take anything anyone says personally. Otherwise, you are going to get pissed and say things that you really don't mean. Most of theses people when they talk about curses, they don't really mean it or believe it, they are simply poking fun at DD and in all honesty, he is not offended either. It is simply that the few players DD have come out and made threads or lots of posts praising, for whatever reason go into a slump or never make it further; VSpan, Wafer, Budinger, and now Hill. I have been pretty high on some of those players as well before, but sometimes **** happens.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You just described almost every poster on this board.

And no, I don't take too much seriously....Most of the players I like do fine, it is just whenever they struggle people take that opportunity to blame it on me.

It's ok, everyone wants to take a shot at the silverback.

;)

DD

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Guys, can we please not make this thread about any one poster. And stay on topic which is the amazingly shrinking dud that is Jordan "My brain is like an open highway that is about to be clogged by rush hour traffic" Hill.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Meh... we are all human LOL

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Single handedly cost us the game last night. Rookie season (essentially) or not. That was awful to watch.

9. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

i diddnt take it personally cause he doesnt even know but watever i just wanna learn.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Not trying to brag here (well, okay maybe this is slightly bragging....) but I told everyone when he first came here that everyone will be surprised by his touch around the basket and post skills for such a young, "raw" prospect. And I also mentioned how his motor would always be running , which, again, has surprised a lot of people.

However, he still needs to work on his overall court vision and passing skills. He still has a tendency to not passing back out when he should or atleast learn to read the defense better.

Oh-and I meant to post on this thread earlier , so I have you this DD (who I recall had serious doubts about Hill like he did with Bud initially too) : STOP JINXING OUR PLAYERS!

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Good god people, are you for real?

I used to be majorly guilty of falling into this same trap it until I realized how mind-bogglingly stupid it was, but JINXES DO NOT EXIST. AT ALL.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jinxes don't exist but egotistical internet personalities that won't admit they are wrong the majority of the time (even with people owning them with the search function) do and they provide great comedy for all of us even when they are lying though their teeth or talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Still, Hill isn't what some people thought he was. He has played enough for us to see his potential and he certainly will never be "THE MAN" but he can play spot minutes for a very good team or significant minutes for a mediocre one.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Ah, yes, the old, when DD won't agree with me about something even though he is confronted with out of context arguments......yes yes....

I only do that to you Dave, because, well, you are never right...sorry.

;)

DD- the internet personality guy...lol.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I wasn't even talking about you, Eric. I was just talking about internet personalities in general.

Chill big guy.

15. DaDakota

Hey now, aren't we personal, we do not know each other my man.... and you are always talking about me, you can't help yourself, and we all know you were talking about me, even though you were wrong, as usual.

Keep on working though, you might be right some day.

;)

DD

#255 DaDakota, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Let's not hijack the thread, EZ-E (do you mind if I call you that?)

So you think Hill has a higher ceiling than I believe he has. I don't see the IQ and I think his athleticism is overrated. He is not and I believe will never be a starter on a quality team. He is a 12 minute a night energy guy.

17. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

DD's post are damn annoying.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

rockets would be dumb if they added hill and or patterson to trade talks. nash could help both power forwards with nash's passes.

19. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

Except for the fact that the Rockets aren't going anywhere for a few years. There is absolutely no need to add a 37 year old to this team when we can give that playing time to young kids to further develop their game.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I am a HUGE JHill fan but if you are going to trade for a veteran star like Nash then Hill makes very little sense. Hill is more of a long term project and while Nash may go on for a few years, there are no guarantees he comes back after his contract expires. PPat is a more NBA ready player at this point, plus Scola is your starter with a nice new 5 yr deal. Also consider, Nash won't come by himself, he will probably be joined by Gortat or Lopez to be our center.