1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Ok I'm gonna help y'all out...

When it's obvious the opposing team is gonna miss a shot, take off running... They'll pass you the ball and you'll get an easy dunk everytime. Also, take advantage of the shoes you earn. When you get skill points, focus on dunking and shot in traffic at first...vertical etc.

You can rep me later.., :grin:

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I have now reached 99 in MyPlayer. :grin:

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I found the player he could be if he develops a post game. A big Gary Payton.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WTDjnxXjnis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WTDjnxXjnis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They had it from Day One, but go look at his stats when he actually got playing time with the Nets last year. He even had a triple-double (27/10/11)! He got close a couple of other times, too. I see him as an Iguodala clone though, but a better passer.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His game resembles Dwayne Wade. I can only dream though. I rolled my eyes when I saw the knee jerk threads on Patrick Patterson but Terrance is a different story. Given the minutes I think we got a steal. The guy has the ability and seems to me like he is a far superior player than cbud.

6. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

T-will is gonna be a very interesting player to watch. More playing time!! Actually, find him some more playing time!

7. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

omg, that's awesome.

I haven't seen a true dominant defensive star PG since Gary Payton (No PG has been as good defensively since). "The Glove" used to absolutely shut people down, and affect the game defensively like a dominant big man changes the paint.

If he is working with Payton, and seeks to follow in his footsteps it could get really ugly around here for opposing teams. If this works out Morey will truly live up to his nickname as the wizard.

8. Codeo

Codeo Member

Sounds like fun.. :rolleyes:

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Thanks for the video Clutch.

Can't believe so many people have been raving about how good a passer he is.
    What did you think his game was before we acquired him?? He's always had sensational court vision and his strength is in passing and driving the lane and creating off the dribble. Also a solid defender.

Always had a bad jumper too - the thing that I liked MOST about that video is that TWill only took 2 shots - in his first minutes he may have been tempted to throw a few more up there, especially in garbage time - but glad to see he was in control and playing to his strengths.

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Now if you need defense late in games or if a Point guard is abusing the Rockets Point guard, You send Lee to stop the opposing PG (the best PG stoppers we have by far) while TWill can guard the wing position and Houston wont suffer offensively because this guy can play the point so well.

11. MadRox

MadRox Member

Trade AB/JJ/maybe pick for Nene:

Starting lineup of mature/consistent/veterans
    Lowry/Martin/Battier/Scola/Nene
    2nd Unit of Young/super-athletic/Dunk-fest-athon
    TWill/Lee/CBud/2Pat/Hill

24min per player 10man rotation =)

12. tmacfor35

Williams Lee Martin Scola Patterson. Great rebounding from all positions. Lee guards the point guard, Williams on the best wing, Martin on the lesser of the wings. Scola on the four and Patterson on the five. Defensive lineup that can score. Brooks Lowry Battier Miller and Hill. That lineup wins games and progresses players.

1 person likes this.
  13. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I was thinking that exact same thing. His passing reminded me of t-mac too.

14. tmacfor35

He is a better/bigger version of Lowry who is better off the dribble and can guard 3's.

15. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I think it was very smart of him to come out in his first game passing and sharing the ball like he did. He definetley surprised me coming out like he did. Everyone expected him to be hogging the ball, but he didnt.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Adelman will give him more minutes because of his passing skills.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Terrence has always been a good passer with vision. When being interviewed about coming here, he even said the position he wanted to play was point guard. Don't know why everyone is so surprised. This isn't Von Wafer or Jermaine Taylor. This kid can play and if a trade goes down, he will definitely see some time.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I have a feeling most people on this board have been making blind statements based on draftexpress for the last few weeks. Since his college days and on, he is a fantastic playmaker.

19. gah

gah Member

You are right, I guess that’s the most advantageous thing to do, but to annoyingly keep on nit-picking, it would have been better if he tried to dunk it with the left hand as the dominant one. I guess I’m a little put off by the few dunks opportunities that rimmed out after a whistle, if I remember correctly it has happened a couple times to Hill lately too.

20. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

man I am really excited about this kid I love when players can get other players to score easily more than players like aaron brooks,bud, Kmart not throwing them under the bus, just mean one dimentional players. How many players with the upside that Twill has have turned into allstars who were in the same draft range 8th to 11th pick? J/w hopefully he can become like an AI type of player and that adelman doesnt let him rot in the bench knowing the type of talent this guy has :(