1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao tells Hakeem he will give his "best try" in coming back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballclub, Jan 1, 2011.

1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I'm kinda past the Yao era and everyone else should be too.

2. Raven

Raven Member

It's over. It's time to move on.

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I paid 20 to the tipjar as agreed. Clutch can verify.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Watching Yao's body language last night from the bench...he really looks like he would give anything to be out there playing. He will try, but his body will determine whether he can play again or not...and that is still an open question.

In the meantime, the Rockets have to do what is best for the Rockets...and I'm confident DM will do just that.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's been over since he went down against the lakers. when yao plays it's more like a guest star appearance on a sitcom.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

All I wish for 2011 is for Yao to hang it up or be traded away from the Rockets. Yao is done as an NBA player.

7. amaru

amaru Member

He done like the thanksgiving day turkey.....its over.

who would have though McGrady would still be able to play in the NBA and Yao wouldn't :eek:

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I removed the bet from the sig. Happy New Year! Thanks!

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I like about this post is that Dream genuinely cares about the Rockets and their players. He's keeping the tradition that the Rockets are a family like Gene Petterson, Jim Foley, Calvin, Bill, Matt, Clyde, Rudy.. people who are with the organization and the city out of love and loyalty.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yao has no choice but sign for cheap anywhere he goes. You're kidding yourself if you think he's getting a contract that isn't cheap from any team.

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Agreed!

12. SugarLandDream8

It depends on your definition of cheap. Yao will not get the 20 million/yr contract he would have gotten if he was healthy.

But it's very likely Yao gets MLE money in the 5-6 million/yr range.

It's also posible he gets something more but less than 10m/y

If Yao does come back I'm guessing he gets Brad Miller money.

2 years 4-5 million/yr with a team-option 3rd year that is only partly guaranteed around 5-6 million.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao is way too high risk to get MLE money. I'd be shocked if a team made such an offer.

14. littlemouse

littlemouse Member

[​IMG]
    from last night

15. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Remember, Yao said in an interview that he will retire if health is a problem. So, the options are either retire or better than cheap deal. Most likely, the first option but I hope it is the second option he will try to opt for. Go Yao!

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He needs to retire.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Read that too quickly and thought Hakeem was launching a come back to sell his clothing line.

18. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

and that's part of what made Hakeem such a class act. Sure do miss that guy.

Yao's a class act as well, but he either ought to accept a small year to year deal while trying to work threw the health issues or just retire.

Yao does have a small window of opportunity. He's really loved by many Houstonians, as he's a good guy and a hard worker. "IF" he took as small contract while he rehabbed and got healthy, and came back to help the Rockets have some playoff success(Even if it wasn't quiet winning a championship), he would be held in high regard for leaving all out on the court and giving the Houston Rockets everything he had.

The ball is in Yao's court. I'd just as soon move on without him, but still wish the big guy the best.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Will somebody please dig out Rocky III to play in front of the Dream and the Great Wall? The Dream can replicate Apollo Creed's role as mentor and Yao of course must become one with Rocky. Ye Li will have to get her Adrian personna ready complete with fighter's wife speech.

Work him Dream. Let the inner strength well up Yao. Be the Yin to his Yang, Ye.

#39 thumbs, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

LOL... :eek:

Hey, I wanna be the drunk brother in law. ;)