1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has greater upside - PatPat or Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 1, 2011.

Tags:
?

PatPat or Hill - Who has greater upside

1. Hill

219 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. PatPat

247 vote(s)
    53.0%
  1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I recently saw an nba comparison of Hill that said he plays like Bosh :confused:

it made :rolleyes:

2. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

That was Patterson's first real game, you cant just stay PatPat is better than Hill now, so i go with Hill. But will see :D

3. WhiteRocket

WhiteRocket Member

Patterson better like Power Forward, Hill more like a Center :confused:

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Pat is my new favorite player.

5. Happii

Happii Member

From now on Patrick Paterson would be called Pee-Pee.

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Because Patterson is the one who is the latest to show his skills and have a good game, then he will have a greater upside. The same for T-will, if he have a good debut, then he will have a greater upside than C-Bud

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hill should be compared to Mikki Moore, not Bosh and company.

8. PeppermintCandy

IMO the only "raw abilities" that Hill definitely has over Patterson is height and length. But they of course are huge advantages when it comes to b-ball.

In everything else - shooting touch, rebounding ability, post-up ability, defensive instinct, etc.- it doesn't look to me like Hill has any more natural talent than Patterson.

9. kbp944f

kbp944f Member

Patrick Patterson has one good game and suddenly we are conducting a poll between Hill and Pat??? SILLY :mad:

10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

This wAs a tough choice but i had to give it to hill. I think he has a slight lanky advantage over patpat. But im glad we have both to develop. Im impressed with both of them.

11. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Pat Pat is better right now. Hill has more upside because of shot blocking and room for improvement. If I had to choose between the two, I would take Pat all day long, he would work Hill over in a matchup because he has a full grown mans body.

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

potential is hill all day long better chance to have a long career is paterson.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Gauging a player's potential based on physical measurements is as ridiculous as me asking what my NBA upside is since my measurements are close to Aaron Brooks.

The game is as much, if not more, mental than physical. You can jump high, and even have skills, but without the mental capacity to frame it around a team game, it is all worthless.

This is why I find it funny when fans compare their players to HOFers with the same body type, without even opening their eyes and actually watching the guy play.

With that said, I see Jordan Hill as a Chris Wilcox/Mikki Moore type player based on physical AND mental attributes. Hopefully he has some epiphany or mental breakthrough and proves me wrong. I am certainly not counting on it. I see Patterson as a Otis Thorpe type. You tell me which upside is better.

1 person likes this.
  14. Prince

Prince Member

it's 4 A.M.

15. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

You can't have a poll like this based on one good game Patterson has played.

16. srrono

srrono Member

Heres the question IF BIG IF Patrick Paterson continues his strong play in the absence of Chuck Hayes does DMorey move JHILL? Now that his skills have been show cased this year JHill's stock has to have risen from last years limited stint with the Knicks and Rockets.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because Jordan Hill is a superstar in this league.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It would force us to start Miller, and use Scola or Patterson at C for 20 minutes. If there is foul trouble or an injury to Miller, we would be using Scola/Battier or Patterson/Battier for a small ball lineup at C/PF.

I think it's a great idea if we are tanking. :)

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i agree that hill needs to polish his offensive game and continue to keep improving his midrange game, but i where hill needs to improve the most is his defensive consistency. PP seems to be a much more solid defender than hill and seems to be able to hold his own offensively, but PP's sample pool is much smaller.

both are great young and exciting players who with great upside. it's a treat to see them expand there game each time they play. you gotta love the rocket's ability to develop young talent, especially in our big men.

in sikma we trust!

20. AFS

AFS Member

If Hill is traded, we better see another shot-blocking big come in.