1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst/Annoying Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Those Carl Weathers Bud Light commercials have been annoying, especially when he jumps out the playbook at the end.

2. Fatty FatBastard

Lol. Jealous much?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

jealous of what? my beautiful wife and i always buy our tickets together and if one of us oversleeps, we wake each other up. with oral.

BOOM!

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is too broad of a category. Usually there are only about 2-4 good commercials out (not during superbowl--although now even that's going downhill). The rest lack creativity and imagination.

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Any commercial with "Flo" in it. I just want to scream at the TV....B!+ch you are not funny! :mad:

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

george lopez commercials.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Actually radio commercials piss me off more lately than tv commercials.. I guess because like most people, I DVR my way past the TV ones, but I can't do that in the car.. sigh..

Mainly I hate the ones which insult our intelligence.

The one lately which has annoyed me the most is some ad for a product which reduces or eliminates 'tinnitis' (ringing in the ears I think). No I don't remember the name of the product.

But it's made in such a way as to have you believe that it is a 'testimonial' kind of thing, some guy talking about how great the product is, and how hard his life was with the constant ringing. All pretty standard stuff, nothing too terrible. The actor reading the part is sounding convincing enough.

But then, toward the end..

..the guy has gone on and on about it, how great it is, then say 'It's a winning formula!'..

Huh?

It's a winning formula?

Who the ^&%^ wrote THAT??

Some suit somewhere in a cubicle, that's who. WHY do these ad wizards insist on treating their potential customers like idiots? Call it a 'winning formula' if you want to (it's lame no matter what though), but don't put it in a freaking TESTIMONIAL commercial! Nobody talks like that.

Ah well.

Oh and the ones which are supposed to sound like some regular radio guy who 'found' this amazing new thing and he is just passing it along to you, like 'Hmm oh here we go (sound of paper rustling).. here's the number.. blah blah blah..'

Again, the listeners are idiots apparently.

and so forth and so on..

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It involves constant screaming for half the commercial. You got it, the WEEEEEEEEE little pig commercial.

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

please tell me I did not just see mattress mac doing the jersey shore fist-pump with a snooki lookalike...

10. ThaRed

ThaRed Member

The Old Navy commercials with the stupid 'talking' mannequins.

11. teknokid

teknokid Member

seems like you guys have listed bunch of winners.
    Not all the advertising is made to sell their stuffs. Most of them are made for the brand recall which seem to be working fine here.

12. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

- RUSHCARD. Russell Simmons comes off as a tool, hope $ didn't do that to him
    - AT&T 97% coverage. Nice way to change the topic when Verizon is kicking your ass

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Those have really started to get on my nerves, and I couldn't agree more....the part where he jumps out of the playbook at the end ("Here we go!") is the absolute WORST!

Pugs

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Honestly, I never remember what that stupid pig is advertising, I just know that I am in for a good 20 seconds of shrieking. Normally I don't watch commercials, but that one plays a lot when I am watching games at the sports bar.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Subway and the highly annoying people with the helium voices. WTF is that about?? I figured it was just a fad and that they would go on to something different but these helium voiced weirdos have been pitching Subway for what seems like a year??!! :confused: :eek:

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Subway needs to fire their tv marketing people and just start over. Their commercials have been annoying for years.

17. Relentless

Relentless Member

New walmart price guarantee commercial.

Eeesh

18. Damion Laverne

I'm in Austin at college, and I always seem to hate Ted Lorenz commercials.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Old J Lo Fiat commercials.

New J Lo Fiat commercials.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bud Light and Dr. Pepper commercials with Pitt Bull.

Let's have a real good time....a real good time...let's have a real good time....a real good time....eyyyyy mami .......