1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks knocking off the rust

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gah

gah Member

Lowry got owned by Wall, just saying.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lowry's style of play just isn't very effective against good teams. He is very flashy and its easy to get excited when he plays, but its fools gold.

He is more effecient with less minutes off the bench.

Sorry to those who are disappointed by this but its best for the team.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah and guess what?

AB is a Bench player now. :cool:

4. gah

gah Member

I concur with all of this. Also, Lowry got his chance and has delivered stupendously. It’s time to give Aaron the opportunity to make his case; people should have in mind that he is only entering his 3rd year as a fulltime player so he could still show more than we’ve seen.

5. httx713

httx713 Member

what would happen to AB ? Lowry was coming back from his own injuries, but now he can hold his own.. I'm not trying to say KL is wall, rose,CP3,rondo or williams but he is the best option, at least on the defensive end and dishing out to Scola, K Martin and Battier.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think Lowry should start but if RA wants Aaron to start that's cool, it's not who starts but who finishes...IMHO.

7. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Lowry has been doing a great job, but let's not forget what Brooks did last year. Comparing Lowry's stats for this season vs Brook's last season's stats, I was surprised that they were very close in the turnover department. Brooks is definitely more of a scorer, but Lowry brings about 2 more assists per game, a little more rebounding & about one extra steal per game.

I think too many people are over-reacting to Aaron's first 2 games back, his dribbling has been off and his shooting touch is not what we know it can be. Don't forget he made 209 3-pointers last season at a 40% clip.

IMO, I like the combination of Martin & Lowry. Both players tend to really compliment each other. I think Brooks tends to over dribble and doesn't get us into our offense quick enough. Brooks would be a great 6th man off the bench & would be more a primary scorer with the 2nd team. In our last game, we watched RA use Brooks & Lowry together. RA may use Brooks a little more at the 2 guard and also go small with the combination of Lowry, Brooks & Lee.

8. anchel

anchel Member

He's a PG, a very good PG. It's not his fault to be the the PG of a team with no all-star players.

PS: I assume Kidd is fools gold too.

9. dream_34

dream_34 Contributing Member

Exactly, to me it is not about their head to head production at all. It is about the overall effect on the rest of the team while they are on the floor. You can see that the offense flows much better with Lowry, particularly when he is shooting well. The game looks much easier for his teammates, the overall tempo is more favorable to the Rockets, he isn't crossing over on the perimeter for 15 seconds and then jacking a contested jumper a la Brooks. Overall the continuity and offense look much smoother with Lowry than with Brooks.

The one thing Brooks undisputedly does better is score, so why not keep him in a bench role and let him score as much as he wants while letting Lowry create for Martin and Scola, both of whom are infinitely more efficient scorers than Brooks. Brooks can jack as much as he wants w the second unit, but I definitely don't want him taking shots away from Martin or Scola in the starting unit.

10. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

So you can read the mind of Pop? I cannot and I don't understand why Pop is being used as an example here. I'd use God. Your reasoning should be like this: God will play Lowry but Adelman will not. Who do you trust more? more convincing.

I think I should start Lowry too but I am not being paid by millions. I am not sure if I can say that Adelman knows nothing and he needs to learn something from me.

11. larsv8

No doubt, he is a very good PG.

Great PGs make allstars, they don't require them. But the fact remains that we assembled a group of players to run the high post system and a ball dominant PG is not going to favored in that system over one that fits better. Once people grasp this, they will realize why things are the way they are.

And Kidd has the same problem, despite being better than Lowry. Go check his playoff stats last year.

It can look that way, but our total offensive production is better w/ Brooks. So do you want a team to look better offensively or actually be better offensively?

12. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

[​IMG]

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

rudy used to do the same thing....would always bring back an injured player in the same role he had prior to the injury

14. feihung316

feihung316 Member

some of these comments are sad. it's like some folks picked a side (lowry vs. brooks) and are now rooting against the other just to be "right". let's just root for both of them to stay healthy so we can keep winning.

1 person likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're right. It may look better with Brooks but that's the problem. Offense is only half of the game. You have to defend against the other team scoring more points than you.

Kyle is helping the defense and now contributes on offense more than AB can contribute on offense alone.

#55 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  16. httx713

httx713 Member

I don't have to read nobody's mind dude,, it's all about coaching styles, what's working, who's helping the team win, who's playing above average D .. Pop would start KL plain and simple.. don't talk about God,, God is a Lakers fan ;) ..

17. larsv8

Defense is a problem.

However, thats why you have two competent defensive backups just in case it starts becoming too much of a problem.

Another reason it seems so bad was Brooks started alongside Yao, Miller and Hill in his games. When Lowry slid into the starting five, Adelman finally figured out Hayes was the best fit in there as well for defensive purposes.

The PG is the least important defensive position. Center however is another story.

18. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

"Pop would start KL plain and simple"
    Why? Pop is a Spurs coach. He should start Yao Ming as our PG.

Reading someone's mind and telling the future are not "plain and simple". It needs major guts and godness. I envy your brain and your mouth.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Nowitzki was not made by Kidd, nor JET nor Butler.

The PG runs the offense, put Lowry next to a good Yao and talk about bad offense against playoff teams...

-Lowry makes Martin & Luis & Shane & Chuck better players.-

20. serb

serb Member

Absolutely brooks is a better NBA player hands down.