1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islam's image

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by showtang043, Dec 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Most people who are somewhat successful do not harbor as much anger as you and your cousin.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Again, as much as you hate the fact, "Ismailism" is part of Islam. Its not one "or" the other.

3. R0ckets03

I don't think I ever said that. I think I said I'm not a very good Ismaili, but I guess I meant that in a traditional sense.

You really think Allah cares whether I go to mosque everyday and don't eat pork. You really think he cares if I visit some supposedly sacred rock in the middle of a desert?

Or do you think Allah cares more if I have lead a moral life or not?

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I think he's saying if you eat pork, you aren't moral. Afterall, morality is in the eye of the beholder.

5. R0ckets03

Well if that is what he is saying then he can kiss my ass.

Morality may very well be in the eye of the beholder, but I'm sure somewhere in the Quran it mentions something about not judging others?

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Wait, why so sensitive?

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I agree it is a part of Islam, I never said otherwise. I'd be stupid to say that Ismailism didn't stem from Islam.

However the separation of the words is simply to make distinct that there are different beliefs of mainstream Islam and the general Ismaili population.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

That's not what this discussion is about, you asked why Muslims are so sensitive. I stated the reasons why, and now you get defensive and try to make it personal.

I could care less what or how you worship, frankly its not my concern. Honestly you drag yourself and your religiosity into random discussions, and then get all defensive the moment someone calls you out on the fact that you yourself could care less to follow the doctrines of your religion.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Morality is in the eye of the beholder, however that isn't what I was saying, I don't know why you would infer that. :confused:

10. R0ckets03

How is this a random discussion? Believe it or not this thread was about Aga Khan at one point.

And how did I get personal?

And my apologies....I confused you with PointForward for a sec. That guy is complete dumb ass with his non stop drivel about Shiites not being a true representation of Islam and blah blah blah

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Ahh, I didnt know that. I just started reading it after the German randomly invoked my name...

12. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Right.

So how do you explain the people that are not only annoyed and/or hurt by the Danish cartoonist's actions, but also want to see him killed as a result of these actions.

My apologies if you've previously stated your opinion on this subject, just curious.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is it with all the damn Hitler stuff?

1 person likes this.
  15. R0ckets03

^
    that doesn't even make sense.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q3pq1KIUZb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q3pq1KIUZb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Under the assumption that the video you posted shows the Muslim support for Hitler, repped.

Far too few Muslims know about this and realize what an atrocity they wanted to participate in.

EDIT: Nevermind, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sLaNd B a L L a again."

18. ThaRed

ThaRed Member

The Aga Khan once said in his various Farman, or speeches that he gives to his followers, that if someone doesn't understand (about Islam) then teach them, and if they still don't understand, try to teach them again. If they refuse to understand, just let them be.

19. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

and many muslims fought on the frontlines against hitler's armies.

including my grandfather.

far too many people dont know that either.

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

People with very little skills in persuasive writing use it because they know ATW is from Germany. It is a sad ploy used by desperate people that persuades no one and is looked upon with pity by all but the lonely few who agree with them.

1 person likes this.