1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Carter/Gortat for Jrich/Hedo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JMAD21, Dec 18, 2010.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

This Magic team is lookin' extra soft. They already lost Barnes, now Gortat and Pietrus!

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i love these trades for the magic. they will take on TONS of salary, but they will be stacked.

the wizards will make out nicely as well. wall will develop better without arenas in his way.

the suns clear a lot of salary and probably tank the rest of the way... maybe even move nash towards the deadline.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Get Nash! Give Brook! Morey!

4. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Magic better hope Howard doesnt get hurt.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I think Arenas will be an epic FAIL in Orlando. Why? He no longer drives to the basket. His game is all about jumpshots. That will hurt

But Richardson>VC -> I like that move

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Magic just need about two FA centers to pick up 12 fouls...They will be ok...Arenas more than capable to ignite offense while Howard rests..when Howard would go out so would their offense...So I love the trade...what did they lose in the trade??...nothing at all

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Are you people freaking crazy? why would we trade the mip for someone who only has a few years left when we have no chance of winning a title in those few years?

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

a bad contract, a washed up sg and a good but unnecessary backup c. In all honesty, I don't see any spot where the magic lost, the worst that can happen is arenas gets injured again and becomes an injury exception and insurance payout.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

The way i see this trade as a Rocket fan is how this is going to affect the lineup for the Suns as that's who we are chasing for the 8th seed. The suns give up Hedo and J rich. They get Gortat, and Carter, which in my book is a downgrade. Gortat is overrated, I dont know why everyone is all up on him in this board, Hedo is solid and JRich fit their system, Carter is a more one on one player, which is not a style that phoenix plays. In my opinion this helps us because the Suns just downgraded their roster. :grin:

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Man, those Florida teams know how to make big deals. Rashard Lewis 66M/3 yrs., he makes about 7M year more than Arenas, why would the Wiz do that trade without a draft pick back at least.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

so they got hedo back?
    damn, jrich fantasy stats will go down with this team, he plays much better with nash imo

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Excellent for Orlando.

Morey can only wish he can pull off blockbuster lethal trades like this

Hedo/bass/Dwight/J-Rich/Nelson

Arenas/Redick/Anderson/Clark off the bench

thats better than Miami or an oldass Boston team.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Retooling their roster on the run ehh? :p We shall see how it works out.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, that Brian Cook block done VC in. At that point the Magic realized he just isn't what he used to be...lol at getting Hedo back.

This HAS to work out for them or else Dwight is gone. Hopefully he realizes one particular franchise happens to have a great history with Centers....no not the damn Lakers!

15. worzel gummidge

J-Rich (expiring) has been on a tear but we'll have to see if it's the Nash effect. His FG% was at 44% before heading to the Suns where it's around 47%.

Hedo was a good fit but is his game still there and then there's his contract...

Hedo and Arenas, that's a heck of a gamble. Magic's GM is running on too much testosterone.

What I don't like about this is it looks like Nash & Hill are staying in Phoenix.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Arent enough SHOTS to go around for Arenas..He gonna nix the trade to go the Blazers

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

watch nash will turn vince back the way he use to be, i'll be laughin

gortat will look like a starter with nash heh heh

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Brook has less than few years left.

Tick tock, it's the sound of your career running out!

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I have to wonder if this was a move based solely on Orlando's lack of winning as of late.

Arenas isn't a good fit, considering he is a carbon copy of Nelson.

Richardson is great for the team. I believe he has a better 3pt%, which has always been the calling card of the Magic.

The Magic also get a legit playmaker in Turkoglu; Nelson / Arenas won't have to run the show.

The Magic are stacked; I'm guessing they will try to do one more trade soon, for a big to backup Howard.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I don't get it, if they wanted Hedo back then they shouldn't have made the Lewis/Arenas trade. Just get the old team back, IMO that is their best shot of winning.

I always knew what was essentially a Hedo for Carter swap would doom Orlando, Vince Carter is a purebred loser while Hedo is ridiculously clutch.