1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets have inquired about Marcin Gortat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Rockets_4_life

The only thing I'm going to say is If the rockets are going to try to trade for Gortat, all the young guys(Williams, Hill, Patterson, Lee, Budinger and Ish) are untouchable in any Gortat deal.

Gortat is just a short term fix, no reason to give up key pieces to our future roster...

2. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

All I want for Christmas is Goratat-tat-tat-tat like that. Courtesy of Dr. Dre

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

LO
    I disagree. Morey has been trying to get this guy for 2 years. He was the first free agent Morey visited in '09. We have plenty of scores. We need a shot blocking rebounding big. I believe he is in the Rockets long term plans if we do make a move for him.

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

1) Gortat isn't overpaid, at least not by much. It would be easy to swallow a shorter contract, though.

2) No way I'd include Hill in any deal for Gortat; I wouldn't trade Hill straight up for him. I'm fairly confident that Hill will pass him up in ability in the next year or two.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I've never really watched gortat..... How's his offinsive game?

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would make a move to acquire Gortat if given the opportunity.

While I'm a fan of Bud and his potential, I would add him to a deal if need be. I would not trade Lee, Hill or Battier. I believe Battier's leadership is a must right now with all the young guys being brought in.

Bud and Jeffries or Trevor Ariza trade exception for Gortat.

7. Moahst

Moahst Member

Orlando wants Courtney Lee back BAD. I'm sure we can find a way to make it work. We did just reticently acquire a new back up SG/SF.

8. sandiegorocket

I don't get this board's love affair with Gortat.

9. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

It's time to go for JaVale McGee. Gortat to the Wizards, McGee to the Rockets.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we're in a 3-way trade again, who do you guys want, Gortat or McGee? honestly, I don't want another skinny and lanky player on our team...Gortat for me.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Gortat compares favorably to the 2nd group. He's better than Turiaf, Diop and Thabeet for sure.

If you want a big guy just to grab boards and hopefully he can play defense and some offense, Gortat is a good option. He's a top 25 rebounder type if given full minutes and he stays out of foul trouble. He's as good as Haywood I think, which is why Dallas went after Gortat then went with Haywood.

Gortat's an upgrade that's for sure, just at what price.

I wouldn't mind Dalembert if he'd resign for cheap after the season. But Rocket's dont have any Ariza type salaries to dump since he's a big expiring contract, so he wouldnt make sense to acquire

12. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

This will be even more true if they trade Vince Carter to the Wizards. I haven't watched enough of Gortat to know if he's worth it, though. We could really use toughness, defense and rebounding from the 5 position, but I really like Lee and think he is playing well. I'm torn on this one.

13. Audioout

Audioout Member

I called it a couple days ago.

Send Yao and Bud to Washington, then Arenas goes to Orlando along with Shane. We get Gortat and Lewis.

This would be the best way I see Orlando taking on Arenas while not being ridiculously over on tax.

14. Rockets_4_life

That's back when we were in 'Win Now' mode. We no longer are, we need to trade for a young center (Thabeet, Aldrich, Whiteside, Mullens, etc.) to develop and groom instead...

Like I've posted already, there's NO reason to have large salaries on a REBUILDING team...

If anything the rockets should be looking to trade Lowry, Scola, Martin and Brooks(who's due a big pay raise) contracts ... B/c as sad as it is to say this, the only thing these players are going to bring is mediocrity and that's exactly what we should be trying to avoid!!

Why in the **** would we ever take on Rashard Lewis MASSIVE contract!!!

And in case you didn't know here's the remainder of Lewis's contract:

2010/11: 19,573,711
    2011/12: 21,136,631
    2012/13: 22,699,551

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/magic.jsp

No ****ing thanks...

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

LOL... You are so strange. Please take the following test.

[​IMG]

16. Htown's2kFinest

Pull the trigger on the deal. Good centers are hard to find. He's only a year older than Marc Gasol. Gortat could be a 13, 10, and 2 center in the lg. He would be great to have with our core guys and help us make a playoff push.

Just as long as we don't give up too much...

17. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Megee is way to inconsistent.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Gortats actually not a bad player actually. he a good defender, and he can ghet blocks, plus he can shock people with his dunking ability. mcggee sounds good too. hes another athletic player that could benefit the rockets regardless of his inconsistency. terrence williams is an inconsistent player also.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If the rockets have a shot at aquiring Gortat, they need to jump all over it right now especially if their looking to make a run at the playoffs. The problem is who do you give up? Wouldn't surprise me that Orlando would want Chase Budinger as part of a deal for Gortat.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

No, no, no, to M. Gortat.

I need Love, Love, Love, to ease my mind.