1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So being one-dimensional on offense is a good thing now? Congrats Tinman, you have outdone yourself.

2. cuddie

cuddie Member

I'm willing to bet that the majority of your posts in this thread weren't a direct response to a question, but rather your self-righteous "duty" to assert your own opinions.

That's my definition of team success. Nobody wins a championship alone, so it's not a good measure of individual success. If it were, Derek Fisher would be over two times better than Hakeem Olajuwon.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's me responding recently to question:

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Watching videos like that depress me. I miss being on prime time with yao and T-mac. Our games being on TNT, them having there little skits on talk shows. Even if we didn't make it past the 1st round. I miss that. I still love watching the Rockets play but it doesen't compare. Sure those days I felt heartache in the playoffs when we lost in the playoffs but now a days I barely feel anything, which is worse.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Edit **

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tracy was a far superior offensive player than Drexler. I think Clyde just used his god gifted abilities in a better way(fastbreak).

People can rag on Tracy anyway they want too but you can not be serious and tell me Clyde was a better offensive player than Tracy. Sure he has the rings to prove it, but so does Derek Fisher, or Robert Horry.

Lets reminisce to 2005 against the Mavs in the playoffs. Tracy Mcgrady during that playoff stretch was probably the best player in the league bar none. You can say all you want about him being this or that, but if you put Clyde in Tracy's shoes for that playoff series there is no way the Rockets win that series or even get to 6 games. Lets not forget after that series, Tracy was in second place all time in ppg average during the playoffs. Behind Michael Jordan and in front of players like Kobe Bryant, and Clyde Drexler.

The best player Tracy Mcgrady has ever played with has been Yao Ming or a young Vince Carter. Im sorry but Clyde's only championship ring came from playing with WHO?

Look at Tracy's supporting cast and there are about 5 players(Kobe,Michael,Lebron, Bird, and Magic) I can think of who could have actually got through the Pistons in 03, Mavericks in 05 and the Jazz the next two years. I still dont understand how Yao gets the free pass when he was inconsistent against the Mavs, owned by Boozer and Okur, and hurt.

Im sorry, maybe you can say some of us are obsessed with Tracy Mcgrady, but I consider myself a realist and take a look at Mcgrady's previous rosters and understand why he is such a "loser".

1 person likes this.
  7. Codeo

Codeo Member

Very sensible post. I'm not sure why people choose to ignore context when it comes to Tmac's "failures".

8. number22

number22 Member

Context is not necessary when dealing with tmac's failures here.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Why can't we just stop talking about T-Mac??????!

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is somebody holding a gun to your head and asking you to enter this thread? :confused:

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Because he was the best player to come through town since Hakeem and He left on a bad note. That's all I can think of.

12. Codeo

Codeo Member

Why is context not necessary? In what situation is context not necessary for an objective view?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Snottie Pippen=Tracy McGrady

Selfish, heartless, backstabber...

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

ummmm....tmac is no saint, but he is no where close to that back stabbing, snottie nosed, broke ass quitten.

15. roksoer

roksoer Member

i'm pretty sure that guy was being sarcastic

16. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

What kind of rocket fan are you if you post more about Tmac than the Rocket?

Tmac was getting into his prime, no question. I say I don't know because it never happen and assuming he did stay, do you really think he would get that final shot at the buzzer, instead of Vince? If Vince did make the shot, you really think Toronto can beat prime shaq and kobe in a seven game series?

By the way, weren't you so against "what if" situation? Contradicting yourself much?

Didn't you say Toronto fan was happy he left? lol Now you say Toronto fan were not happy that Tmac Left? Didn't you say team were more successful when Tmac left, now you say Tmac should have stay.Make you mind :rolleyes:

17. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Fact.
    Toronto overall win increase only 2 compare from the previous season.
    After that season? 42 after that 24 is that you definition of success.

Fact
    Orlando lost the celtic?
    Won only one game in the final?

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

Notice how I said "majority." 1/100 is hardly the majority.

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

oh, wtf?

You are trying to compare slashing wingman with all-around wingman and you are trying to compare their shooting percentages?

You are out of you mind?

Lebron had smt around 50% last two season with Cavs. Is he a great shooter, if he had around 70% from under the rim in a lot of attempts?

20. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Kobe has 45,5% from the field all over his career. Clyde had 47.2%. Drexler was better shooter than Kobe is?

You are probably kidding me