1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. xuel

xuel Member

Bless YAO

2. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

why bless? I wish that Yao's career is over. Just retire, that's the best solution for him. Any blessing him to return to NBA court is essentially bad for YAO.

3. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I really wish what you said would come true but if you want me to bet on the Medical facility or Yao's agent, I will have to put my money on the docs.

4. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Oh, what could have been:

[​IMG]

5. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Man, what an effing horrible fate.

I was a Yao fan before i became a Rocket's fan, but i love the Rockets now more than Yao.

The "Time is Yao" is finally done. As much as he gave the organization his all, the latter is also giving its best for him. It's just so sad that things aren't working out the way they should be.

Im hoping perhaps they could have brought down his weight back to somewhere around 250-270 (Like Pau Gasol). Maybe there would be hope.

Yeah he might be softer in build if that happens, but hey, better soft than broken. :eek:

6. VanityHalfBlack

So if he retires, what is he going to do for money and stuff??? 17 million dollars isn't gonna last him a lifetime... That's like 20 bucks if you ask Antonio Walker, LOL...

[​IMG]

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Damn. Looks like the end of the Yao era. It ended 2 years ago in LA we just didn't know it at the time.

Get well Yao. Thanks for the good times.

8. timlan2057

timlan2057 Member

Wow.

How unfortunate. :(

I didn't figure Yao would have the physical problems other big men did, since his legs were like tree trunks. But I guess that much weight and mass moving up and down the court is too much for ANY foot.

Yes, I'm pissed that he had to play simultaneously for the Chinese National team instead of resting in the summers. :mad: But we all know that was inevitable and fate would have had it no other way.

While wishing for what might have been, all I can say is ... Best wishes, Yao. Thanks for the memories, and thanks for everything, big guy.

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

The only image i am going to remember is when Yao went to the locker and the camera was showing him wanting to comeback out and play.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jRXhj1PpFU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jRXhj1PpFU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Represents

Injury career
    Willingness to comeback
    Passion for the Game
    Warrior

that night might have been his downfall where the Stress fracture started.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

An observation based on utter BS.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

You feel for the guy. He needs to quit. He is young and has probably another 60 years left in life. No need to push it. Gotta be able to chase after the kids...

THAT BEING SAID...

Morey....Mr. Genius...I KNOW YOU HAD A PLAN B, RIGHT?!

You have the genius pic posted all over this message board:

[​IMG]

So, obviously, you have a Plan B, right?

YES!!! In Morey We Trust!

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, I guess Yao is just going to retire. That's fine. It's time to move on.

13. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

And to think some of us were feeling sorry for Portland just yesterday in another thread over the Roy situation...

Whatever happens with Yao from here, it brings resolution because he won't be getting another high $ contract from the Rockets. What has hurt so much the last 2 years is having so much cap space tied up in players who couldn't play: $40 million last year and $18 million this year.

Best of luck to Yao, whatever happens from here. Have had a lot of good times watching him at Toyota Center.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hopefully, the Rockets are not banking on Yao coming back. We should proceed as if Yao is totally done. Yao's future as a Rocket should be over even if he plays basketball again. Why would the Rockets want to gamble on Yao again after this? As a fan, I wish Yao the best. But, I'm not doing this Yao thing again with the Rockets. Our goal is a championship and Yao is not going to get us there. I'm not going put stock in Yao in the future again on some crazy hope that he will be a healthy player again who impacts games. I'll quit following/watching the Rockets before I go down this road again. At some point, you just have to move on...same as we did with Tmac.

15. anchel

anchel Member

Do you have the link for the article that Bimathug wrote about the salary situation for this summer? Can't find it. Thanks.

16. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

No matter what anyone says, if it wasnt for his injury we would have had an explosive offense from Yao. I hope this DOESNT end his career, even if he no longer plays for the Rockets, he has so much passion for the game no way he could have been a bust if he had no injuries.Sad day...

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Love Yao, but at this point, I hope he just retires - I'm done. period.

18. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

I TOLD Y'ALL SO!!! YAO WILL NEVER BE HEALTHY!!!! I'VE SAID THAT SINCE DAY ONE! ADIOS YAO.... :confused:

19. VanityHalfBlack

Like some of you I don't think it's a career ending injury, but the Rockets are probably gonna let him go anyways, sucks... :mad:

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well, if Yao wants the same/more money it really isn't worth bargaining with him. At that point, we should let him go. We already overpaid a player to show up in a suit on the bench once, do we really need to do it again?...