1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, when Tmac was making the TOFS jump like Kriss Kross,
    i was excited that Morey pulled off that move. We are sure getting alot for letting Tmac go.

when the TOFS say, hey look at the Rockets record, it's not a complete analysis cause we still don't know all the goodies we got from the Tmac trade and how good they will be.

All I know is the New York Knicks fans are happy. Just like when Tmac left Toronto and Orlando and Houston, the teams become more successful.

2. HTownRockets#34

but it seems pretty obvious you have some sort of obsession with tmac.. you have the third most posts in this thread, and nearly every thread i've browsed on this board (even on the yao with stress fracture thread), you try to bring up "TOF's" into EVERY thread. i mean i literally don't know if i've seen a post by you which hasn't used "TOF," or trying to insinuate something to get a rile out of people. it's getting to a point that its annoying, and leads people to believe you almost have an unhealthy obsession for tmac with a clear agenda. you have more posts in these thread than these supposed tmac fans.

look, i laugh at those rejoicing that tmac hit some spot up jumpers, claiming he's back. but you literally try to turn anyone that says he's improving, which for anyone not to acknowledge would have to be blind, and call them TOF's. we get it - you hate him, i particularly don't care that much for him, but since he was a guy i used to root for, there's still a place in me that hopes he can return to at least a decent rotation player in this league. it's w/e though, i'd expect you to only skim through this post, and just call me a TOF.

I would however like to get it out of the way that my allegiances are with the rockets, and that's the way it'll be till i die. and regardless what anyone is gonna say, that's not gonna change.

1 person likes this.
  3. roksoer

roksoer Member

lol yeah, tmac didn't play a big role in toronto and their success didn't really skyrocket when he left. tmac was really holding orlando back when he was there and the only reason why they got better was his trade, the arrival of a guy named dwight howard had nothing to do with that.
    and wow, how much success we've had since he left!
    seriously?

1 person likes this.
  4. HoustonRockets

T-Mac is too smooth.

5. roksoer

roksoer Member

also NY has a completely different team now, had they resigned tmac it wouldn't have really changed anything

6. tinman

Supporting Member

he had issues with D'antoni.

you know the coach who let him play more minutes than Rick Adelman.

7. KevinMartin12

KevinMartin12 Member

Tmac can still get up there u see his windmill on toronto

1 person likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

bongo33 called my name, so i responded.

believe it or not, some people actually watch the games, not just one player.

9. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Tinman you and your assumption.
    Toronto was successful? Orlando successful? :p
    Man, your so delusional, sorry maybe My definition of success is different yours. :rolleyes:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The year right after Tracy left Toronto they Raptors made it to the Eastern Conference Semifinals when they lost a classic

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WdBQjo5VH0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WdBQjo5VH0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Orlando,
    they got a dude name Dwight Howard and made it to the NBA Finals

-
    My point being, you have stay awhile when things are tough, look at Paul Pierce.

You and the TOFs don't think that Tracy (non gimpy version) would have made a difference in the Sixers series or would have helped Dwight Howard?

Even though I think Tracy has been overrated in his entire career, he would have made a difference on both squads.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

sometimes I have to teach the TOFs the real history of Tracy McGrady, its crazy eh?

For example, I have to tell them that the year after Tracy left Toronto, they lost in the semifinals against Iverson/Sixers (who made the finals). They lost by 1 shot.

Even I think that Tracy would have made a difference, they could have played the Lakers and it could be the overrated cousins vs Kobe/Shaq.

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Oh, Tinman is just 16 posts behind me. Come on tinman. Be aggressive!

13. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Toronto- Two more win than previous season still lost in the playoff is that your definition of success? Can you speak for the Torontor fan base? Or its base on you "ASSUMPTION"

Orlando is one of the most talent and deep team in the nba for the past few seasons, with a good coach but did they win a ring? Is that success? If I'm Magic fan i would be piss off as hell, with the best center in the league, we can't even get pass the celtics.

I don't know if Tmac would make a difference on the orlando team or raptors team because it never happen but one thing I know for sure when Tmac was in his prime, he was a beast. As a Tmac fan , I will always support Tmac, even when he at a career low right now. Just like Tinman would for the rocket.

Look, tinman i respect you passion for the rocket, I had read few of your thread in the gram talking about Rocket history, being proud of it and defending it against any fan who talk crap about it. As a fellow fan i admire you passion, but your hate for Tmac is just ridiculous. I understand you get piss off at dumb tmac fan who posted the dumb post, I agree, but you have to understand few dumb posters doesn't stand for all Tmac fans like few dumb rocket fans doesn't stand for all true rocket fans. So TINMAN just stop the hate on Tmac.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I've always wondered Tinman. If Tracy somehow exceeds your expectations. Will you ever admit defeat? Like say if he averages 50PPG or whatnot. Are you going to acknowledge it or are you just going to sit here and pull reasons out of your ass for why he sucks?

Last time I checked Tracy plays for the Pistons, not for Houston. You should be happy now. He's never going to touch a Rockets jersey again.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

What kind of Tmac fan are you if you didn't know how good Tmac was when he left the Raptors?

You really think he WOULDN'T make a difference to a Toronto Team that lost to the Sixers WHO MADE THE NBA FINALS by one shot in a game 7?

Do you know anything about Tmac?

Tmac said when he came back in his own words, that the worst booing he had was when he returned to Toronto

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JkZPZ75bWW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JkZPZ75bWW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So the Toronto fans were not happy.

if you are a real tmac fan you would say he would make a difference on any team.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/truebluepistons_101216.html

McGrady’s selflessness, off-court demeanor boosts Pistons
    T-Mac, Inching Back
    by Keith Langlois, Pistons.com | @Keith_Langlois

Tracy McGrady can still stuff a stat line. It’s the categories that have changed. Instead of heavy numbers in baskets, attempts, foul shots and points, the numbers he’s focused on now are assists and other areas considered peripheral to superstars.

If the casual fan drawn to the NBA mostly by star scorers hasn’t yet awakened to McGrady’s gradual re-emergence, don’t think Joe Dumars, John Kuester and everyone with a stake in the Pistons hasn’t noticed.

“We don’t sit and judge him on, wow, Tracy had a great game because he had 16 points (in Tuesday’s win over Atlanta),” Joe Dumars said. “He’s had some great games where he’s had six points, but he fed everybody on that second team, got them into a great rhythm, got them easy shots.”

McGrady has said all along that it would take him as much as half the season to get his body physically to the level where he would no longer have nagging questions in his mind about what he remained capable of doing. He’s well down that road, he said Thursday.

“Physically, I’m fine,” he said. “I think I’ve recovered from my surgery. It’s feeling more confident and comfortable on the basketball court, knowing what moves I can make and watching old films – really, just going back to what I used to be and what I used to do. All that stuff is starting to come back.”

The Pistons have been especially impressed that McGrady has understood the dynamic of his new team, where scorers outnumber playmakers, and slid willingly into the role of facilitator.

“His basketball IQ is off the charts,” Kuester said. “He’s done a real good job of distributing the basketball. You get into situations where players aren’t willing to adjust and he’s adjusted. He’s done a real nice job of accepting whatever role I’ve given him and that’s different for a superstar.”

McGrady is ready to score now when called upon, though, and that’s a different place than he was even a few weeks ago.

“A lot of people don’t see me putting up all the points I once scored, but I don’t necessarily have to do that because we have so many scorers. It brings joy to me to see one of my guys finish one of my passes. That’s most important to me. That’s the role I’m taking on. Yeah, I can still score the ball, but that’s not what’s most important for our team.

“There’s a part of me (that still feels the tug to score), but you’ve got to do what’s best for the team. I’m sure I’m going to have some nights, before the season is over, where I do put up those numbers and show I can score.”

As encouraged as the Pistons have been by McGrady’s progress since the season began and hopeful that the arc will continue heading in that direction, they’re just as thrilled with the way he’s contributed to the team culture.

“The guy has been exceptional off the floor,” Dumars said. “Just in terms of a bright guy, good teammate, positive guy – he’s been exceptional for us. We’ve been really pleased with his personality on the team.”

That’s reflected in McGrady’s well-thought answers to questions that could yield ambiguous answers. So when somebody asks if he can handle 30 minutes a night and he says he could, he completes the sentence with: “But we’ve got so many guys, coach has his hands full. It’s tough to have guys play 30 minutes. I’m a player. I just go by what the rotation is – whatever (Kuester) feels is best for our team. I don’t worry about that – glad I don’t have that problem.”
    Blake Griffin and the Clippers come to town on Friday and Griffin’s repertoire of dunks has made him an Internet cult hero even though his team is limping along with a 5-21 record. Greg Monroe, who moved into the starting lineup in Tuesday’s win over Atlanta, knows Griffin’s playing style well from their time on the AAU and high school summer camp circuit, but he doesn’t expect to be guarding him.

Monroe likely will guard Clippers center DeAndre Jordan – though in their November meeting in Los Angeles, the Clippers went small and started Griffin at center – while somebody else draws Griffin. That somebody else is likely to be Ben Wallace, who sat out the last two days of practice after twisting his ankle against Atlanta but is considered probable for Friday.

“I know all the things he can do, so it doesn’t surprise me,” Monroe said. “That’s as athletic as you can be. He’s strong, gets off the ground, finishes at the rim, he’s aggressive – it’s a combination of a lot of things, but he’s definitely one of the best dunkers in the league right now.”

McGrady compared Griffin to the young Shawn Kemp during his “Rainman” days in Seattle.

“I had a little bit of athleticism,” he said, “still have a little bit left. I definitely wasn’t on that level.”

Said Kuester, “He’s as powerful a leaper as I’ve ever seen.”

17. tinman

Supporting Member

this makes no sense dude. Defeat of what?

there are like 4 or 5 tmac fans here I respect cause their knowledge of the nba is not altered by their love of tmac, but everyone else is on crack.

Look at the basic FACT that I posted about Tmac leaving Toronto.

Toronto had a more successful season after he left.

How on God's Green Earth are people disputing that? they made it further into the playoffs and they won more games.

it's all FACTS.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/

What kind of Tmac fan doesn't even know the damn history of Tmac?

I don't care if you love Tmac like you love presents on Christmas, get their facts straight and don't make up some bull**** either.

and it has nothing to do with age either.

here's what ticks me off about the TOFs:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=170316

This thread is a freaking lie (later exposed).
    #1 it's the GARM and they put Orlando Tmac highlights in it
    #2 the Lakers won the game and Kobe shut down Tmac in the end

TOFs are willing to LIE to seek attention of their favorite player.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No, no. Simple question:

If Tracy were to score 50PPG for the rest of the season. Will you give him the respect that is due? I understand why you're bashing him now... he's doing bad... but given his expectations coming into the season what did you expect?

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

The only one real problem I have with you Tinman is how you constantly state that I need to know Hakeem, love him to bits, love Vernon, love Calvin Murphy, love this guy, love that guy, love Francis if you love the Rockets.

It seems doesn't seem to hit you that alot of current Rocket fans became Rocket fans because of Tracy McGrady. I'm 24 years old, I never got into basketball until I was 16 and I live in Australia. There is no way on earth I will EVER feel even 50% worth of the passion for someone like Hakeem. I recognise he is one of the best players ever, Hall of Famer and a Championship man. But as a fan from another country I have NEVER connected with him, I have never even heard of a guy called Vernon Maxwell until I joined this forum, I didn't even know who Calvin Murphy was. I live in a country and I speak for ALOT of international fans where the biggest coverage we get is about players. Tracy Mcgrady was the person who drew me to this team, and I like this team now and I'm sticking with it.

You can't seem to get over this at all. Is it really THAT wrong for a person to like T-mac? I can't understand why you constantly bring up players that are years and years old. I can't relate to that, and I don't think I ever will but you can't tell me that this is not my team either. This thread is essentially about T-mac coming back but you seem to like stepping on him as much as possible. God help us if Kobe ever joined this team and a whole bunch of China fans joined this forum. You would quit for sure.

You need to get out more in the world, this is a player driven sport where a LARGE % of the audience that drive these franchises only get news about players and thats how they join a team's fan base. I find it extremely elitist for you to constantly attack these fans and their passion for players or even ex players on this team. This thread isn't even in the Rockets section and you still find alot of time to come in here and attack it. I really don't understand. Can't you spend a bit more time analysing the Rockets team instead?

1 person likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac isn't going to score 50ppgs, even on NBA2K11.

Am I bashing him? am I bashing him when I tell TOFs the history of the Toronto Raptors post/pre Tmac?

Am I bashing him when I educate the TOFs on what really happened?

Am I bashing him when I post his own words?

Am I bashing him when Tmac scores 2 points in one game and I think it's ridiculous people are joyous about it?

Am I bashing Tmac when I tell Tmac fans that no he never accomplished team success because "What if" doesn't count?

I'm not answer bad questions dude, try again.