1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to get Anthony Randolph...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah, we have youth at that position as well. In my opinion, Morey needs to focus more on upgrading the SF position.

We need to worry about getting AB and Yao back to see how they fit/alter the team chemistry before we bring in other "project" players.

If we are going to trade a 1rst rounder it better be for a guy like Melo, Iggy, Wallace. I would be very upset if we traded a first rounder for a guy like Randolph.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Exactly, a move like this would tell me two things...

1) Team has decided to rebuild and begin the process to bring young athletic long players to help the defense.

2) More moves are coming as part of that process and they include Scola and another PF. Log jam at PF and while AR can play some center, much like JH, he isn't one.

You have to decide who you want to go forward with Scola, Hill or Patterson. Scola would net you some pretty big returns if sent to the right team, Hill could be packaged and has shown enough to be included in a "big" trade and PP while young is projecting nicely. If your rebuilding, I'd keep Randolph and PP as your PF combo and reshape the roster. Have AR commit to defense and we know PP is already known for that.

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Ish probably would be involved in that trade. Knicks need a PG who can run the offence (Douglas can't do that on mid or high level) and first-pass PG with min.contract is something that Knicks are really need

Pick swap + Ish + TPE on Ariza for Randolph for sure in any day of the year

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Any chance we could rob feilds from them?

2011 pick/JJ/bud

for

Rondolph/feilds

probably to good to be true!

5. Eddie281Houston

sry guys i seen anthony randolph since day one to the NBA an this kid has all star all over him...but his attitude is as cousins...(or maybe less)but hanging out with the houston rockets (yao ming, battier, luis scola) hell mature...do it morey!! me like...hill and randolph at starting lineup...BEAST! :mad:

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Am I the only one who sees Al Harrington when I watch AR play? I think that's worth a 20s pick flier, as long as no other options are available. I'm very lukewarm on AR; I see the skills but I also see the brains that could keep him from realizing the full potential of his skills.

7. Houston_Rockets

I totally disagree, with 3 groups of people, that:

- Say AR is overrated on this board
    - Say that we don´t need players like AR (calling him a role player), instead we need a superstar
    - Say that AR is not going to contribute now, he is a long term project.

FOR ME, AR is Lamar Odom skilled, and for me that is the biggest compliment I can ever give to a player with that size, athleticism and all around b-ball skill, you can´t get any better then that.

FOR ME, getting AR will free the possibility of trading Scola, upgrading our chances to land a superstar baller. For me Scola is not what you need for your PF. This league has a lot of offensive minded PFs, and the ones that win, are the ones that play at least average D, Pau and KG for example. If you play around Yao, you don´t need a PF that can post up, and that is probably the biggest advantage Randolph gives you, he is a jump shooter PF, that can block, play D, and rebound the ball.

And finally, FOR ME, Randolph will be our starting PF in the last game of the season (playoff or regular depending on our record), because Scola will be traded before that....... (for Melo ;) ;) ;) )

(I didn´t mention the mental flaws people say he has, because I think that both coaches he had have very specific personalities and style of play, Adelman system will make AR work his IQ more then any other, so he will definitely get more and more comfortable reading the game, and reacting accordingly, as apposed to run and gun style)

Sorry I got carried away, and I know that this trade is not done yet....... Go to work Morey

PeAcE

8. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Anthony Randolph for some late first round pick?

Git 'er done Morey.

9. J-Man

J-Man Member

Jared for Randolph?

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

who would want an athletic 6'11" left handed freak of nature? once again, like hill he wasnt given the chance to play. even when he was in nelson's system he was the odd man out, but had flashes of brilliance.

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

eww! i hate this guy. turrible.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Change in direction from win now to rebuilding with a 3-5 year plan. Randolph is not going to have an immediate impact, he had every opportunity to win a spot in the Knicks lineup and didn't. All he had to do was beat out a perennial blue collar player in Turiaf and a Russian C with no NBA experience, not a good sign to me that he will win a spot on the Rox immediately. And is it a coincidence that they went on their winning streak when D'Antoni benched Randolph?

Right now his game is a detriment to a team, often shoots as soon as the ball touches his hands stagnating the offense along with shooting 30%. Out of sync on defense often botching rotations. Seems moody since his benching, disinterested on the bench, not rooting for the team and sitting in the second row during a game.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Before we just give away a pick for AR, maybe we should think about whether we believe that AR will ever be a quality NBA player.

He has been known as a knucklehead and an idiot......not exactly a guy to build around.

And he will want a new contract....wouldn't it be better to keep the pick and draft a player that you like over one that has proven to be less than desirable?

I love the guys athleticism, but his lack of mental discipline is scary.

DD

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

2 kinds of coaches. The kind that can tame and utilize talent, the other shies away from a challenge. Ball is in Adelman's court on that one.

15. G-Money

G-Money Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgyybTWnyaY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgyybTWnyaY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TJARASNxEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TJARASNxEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Personally, I would like to have Randolph on this team. I think he can be the next Lamar Odom.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Man, Rick Adelman is not the guy you want with knuckleheaded young guys.

If we are going young, you want a younger JVG type of coach for that.

DD

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Weren't you an AR fan just a couple of weeks ago? I think your quote was "Get the big fella and let's get to work with him." What happened?

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

depends on how you value the pick. if you believe that ny is on the up and that it will be a mid-late first rounder, is AR more valuable than that?

also, given that he was with GS under Nelson in his waning years, do you believe he has been given enough guidance to properly develop? Is his current coach any better at developing talent?

I'm not saying I can firmly answer those questions, but I do believe that the knick pick is going to be of lower value and that a gamble on ar is worth it if we are not sending out any addl talent

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I do like his skillset, but after watching this Rockets team, I am not sure we have the leadership in place to really get the most out of him.

Ideally you want a great player that has his respect on the floor with him...so that it calms him down.

Who on the Rockets would have that role?

I am not saying....DO NOT DO THE DEAL....just playing devils advocate....

I mean if you don't think the Knicks pick is all that valuable, and it looks like it isn't...then sure..take a free look......

DD

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

demarcus cousins is a knucklehead. when has anthony randolph gotten into a heated argument with coaches, and kicked out of practice. he is an emotional player, but not even rasheed wallace type. maybe its a type of fire that the rockets need. they have been playing like robots as of late.