1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GSW-MIA]Bill Simmons color commentary debut

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Dec 10, 2010.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jesus, come on, this is brutal thus far. It's like they're doing a celebrity fluff interview in-game but the celeb won't leave. And is drugged up.

He has a radio face and a blogger voice.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

not at all surprise... ever seen him on PTI? Its even worst... Atleast the great crowd is doing its best to drown out the broadcast.

1 person likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I like Simmons but he's definitely an acquired taste

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Pen to paper, an absolute pleasure on the eye. Mouth to mic, down right painful on the ear.

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I listen to his podcast every day so I'm used to his voice. I'm also an Adam Carolla fan so I don't mind horrible, annoying voices.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

i actually like his podcast, just not him on PTI at all. He just seem so stiff and awkward on, whereas his podcast he seems much more relaxed.

Initially his voice seemed really high tonight and nervous, but i think hes settling in or I'm getting use to it.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He sounds like a f_g.

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

huh, I've never had a fig talk to me before, interesting...wouldn't have expected them to sound like Simmons though

9. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

His podcast is fantastic. He's a better podcaster than columnist, and I like hs column.

No, he's not without fault. Yes, he has some major problems. But I ike him, so bite me.

10. makman

makman Member

he knows bball, might be a lil annoying but id give him time to work out the kinks. with that said i should be on monday night football

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't know, i'm liking it. i mean i'll take jvg because he's one of the best color commentators in any sport ever, but this will do. certainly not the greatest voice, but whatever, he obviously knows the game and most of the players and inserts funny comments hear and there.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

his voice is annoying, guess that's why he is a writer and not a commentator. I like his NBA knowledge though.

13. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

He's a distant second to the most annoying guy in this trio. Marc Jackson makes me want to kick puppies every time he opens his mouth. :mad:

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have no access to the game, but he can't be any worse than the miller twins and bullard.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

His voice is not made for commentating. Needs to speak up and accentuate.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Same here. Simmons on tv/pod is an acquired taste re. his voice.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Thing about that is everyone bar Uncle Tony, Wilbon, LeBatard and Bob Ryan are stiff and awkward on PTI. From Simmons to Whitlock and even Adande(who's on ATH all the time), there just appears to be something different on PTI and for a bunch of them it's difficult to be smooth in taking control of the segments, etc.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

19. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Scola however did not tonite.

20. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

I thought Bill Simmons was fantastic tonight, very witty and funny. I'll take him over never-ending, repetitious one-liner Mark Jackson any day. I can't stand Mark Jackson, especially because he is constantly passive aggressively attacking JVG and even did it tonight with Simmons. What I loved about Simmons tonight is he flat out called Jackson on it, whereas JVG often deflects with self-deprecating jokes. Which I hate. It enables the cowardly behavior of Jackson.