1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller giving the Rockets what they wanted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if this has to do with him not sharing the court much with Martin and Brooks (Miller was injured/limited early in the season before AB got hurt) and maybe Scola.

Miller's offensive skills allowed Adelman to play him with some of the defensively capable guys who may not create much of otheir own offense.

2. Prince

Prince Member

And Rockets are giving Brad what he wanted. Big pay.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought he was overpaid at first but he's fitting in quite nicely.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Miller is a much better shooter than I thought.

That guy will space the floor, and he could nail the 3.

And his passes, especially to cutters, are pinpoint accurate.

The guy will also style cornrows. He's a Bradass.

5. littlemouse

littlemouse Member

he is helping us to develop hill right now! ;)

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

A full-sized center in the paint makes a huge difference for defense, no matter who it is. Brad Miller may not be Mutombo or even Yao in the paint, but his presence makes a difference on drives.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Once Yao returns, hill and miller have to continue playing together in the second unit, they have really settled the 2nd unit so that we aren't rushing to get the starters back in.

I have a lotta love for chuck, but we need length in the paint, so he must only play situational minutes (eg amare) if we are to make a winning run.

8. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Pariing Miller and Hill has been beneficial, particularly for the development of Hill's game. Beyond that, they complement each other well as players.

9. txtodd

txtodd Member

Great post.

I've noticed Brad makes a lot of genius passes out there like Brent Barry tried, but half of his don't go out of bounds.

10. choujie

choujie Member

You might want to add rebounding to his weakness too.

11. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

Tony Parker would beg to differ about Brent Barry's passes.

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

The problem is he is still out back up when Yao is out... What happens when Yao comes back? We have quite a log-jam of 4 and 5's on our roster, and all deserve playing time.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yeah, you can live with that production from a backup center, I'd like a shot blocker but Brad Miller isn't really our problem. This is what they wanted out of David Anderson
    (or is that Andersen;))

I do wish he wouldn't hesitate when he gets those open jumpers though.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Am have to say that he has been playing well the last 5 or 6 games, His defense isn't that good bad it's not that bad either, he is no doubt the best passing center in the NBA, and he has nice touch around the basket, plus I really think he could be a good mentor for the young guys on our team.

15. PeppermintCandy

Good post. Miller is the biggest reason the bench has finally started to function as a unit. He is not only helping Jordan Hill's game, but he is also take the pressure off Ish and Budinger with his passing and outside shooting.

Miller was contributing as a starter as well, but I really think shifting him from the starting lineup to the bench was the best move Adelman's made in the past few weeks.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you think about him and Yao playing together when Yao Ming finally gets back? I think he would fit better with Yao than with Scola since he's a better passer. OTH Hill and scola have been playing well together as of late...

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We'd get killed on pick and roll, and neither can run in transition. Wouldn't work unless we're playing against a really slow team with bigs who don't shoot from outside.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good point. Miller is a creator without having to move. You just have to make the cut and he'll find you. That makes it a lot easier for players who can't create.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Miller with Hayes may be a good combination. Hayes is excellent at PnR defense. On offense, Hayes knows how to sneak in under the basket and Miller is good at finding teammates doing that.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yes. I'm surprised we haven't seen that combination more.