1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fifa World Cup 2018 and 2022

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DaDakota, Dec 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.funfani.com/printpage.html;topic=17325.0

1 person likes this.
  2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I know you have extreme hatred for everything that any Muslim has said. I mean you probably even hate Hakeem a little bit for being a Muslim.

That being said, and put aside.

Have you heard of a Modular stadium? The plans clearly call for parts of the stadiums excess capacity being "packed up" and rebuilt elsewhere.

http://thebulletin.us/articles/2010/09/18/sports/doc4c956d13e886c378334995.txt
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/09/16/sp-fifa-qatar.html

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that place will be a Cratar be then :cool:

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Even in India's poor regions, Football stadiums are packed. Yes Packed.
    I am sure the same can be said of any African Nation where Football is loved and played with a passion.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Qatar: Here you go, Djbouti, here is half of a stadium for you and your $1000 per capita GDP. We have reserved 10 million Sharper Image de-ionizing fans for you to enjoy football matches in air-conditioned comfort.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like...south africa?

7. trustme

trustme Member

You're saying some very idiotic things right now. I have no idea how you got so much rep. Has your account been hacked? :confused:

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL. The whole idea is a joke.

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Delivered by the very slaves who built them.

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Typical ATW, hurl random accusations, claims, insults... then shy away behind another poster and forget the idiot posts that he himself made. :rolleyes:

11. Honey Bear

That's why Qatar wanted it so badly, tourism and foreign investment will be off the charts for a booming economy. There will be more tourists than locals at all the games; the workforce will probably experience a similar shift. It's not for the people of Qatar, it's for their economy.

[​IMG]

Al-Shamal stadium will have a capacity of 45,120, with a permanent lower tier of 25,500 seats and a modular upper tier of 19,620 seats. The stadiums shape is derived from the "dhow" fishing boat used in the Gulf. Spectators are expected to arrive from the Doha Expressway, water taxis, the Bahrain-Qatar Friendship Bridge and the new metrorail.

How cultural is taking a water taxi or a friendship bridge to a sporting event.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Whatever we say that would have any significance about allowing other countries to make the world a more level place and allowing other countries a chance to show their potential and host the World Cup won't matter.

Upset USA Bid fans won't even fathom that anyone other than the USA can host anything at all. :rolleyes:

Take this D&D crap to the D&D if you want to keep bashing little countries' dreams, dudes. Y'all like using your words to stop anyone else in the world from having fun.

Congratulations, RUSSIA and QATAR!!!

2 people like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Qatar has never even participated in the world cup, now they are supposed to host it?

One of the most embarrassing moments in world cup history involved some sheik trying to get his team off the field when he didn't like a referee decision, I think it was Kuwait at the time.

Edit: Found it:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMEVnbjNsmk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMEVnbjNsmk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

14. Honey Bear

It's all about how big your mouth opens for the pointless circle jerking in D&D. This cat Sam Fisher is like a male Julia Roberts.

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

It's not that the USA didn't get it. It's that Qatar got it. I would have been happy if Australia was awarded the World Cup because they deserve it (more than us as we've hosted and they haven't). With the countries vying for the WC in 2022 it should have come down to Australia-US. Japan and Korea both hosted in 2002 so there's no way they should have even been in the running.

With FIFA's supposed insistence on Human Rights, awarding the Cup to Qatar is a joke.

It should have been Australia and, if not Australia, then the US.

1 person likes this.
  16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Please expand.

17. trustme

trustme Member

What does Qatar have to do with Kuwait?

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

They are all Arabz and Moozlems to him... :rolleyes:

19. da1

da1 Member

Great picks. Let others have a chance.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

From the times when it started... I said that Mexico should keep their bid... and that so should the US, or even jokingly said to enter a JOINT bid... but I don't remember anyone ever saying "what a joke, Qatar put in a bid?" or something like that regarding how they shouldn't have even been in the running.

Stunning, isn't it, how now that they DO get it, everyone is up in arms? Do you think Australia would say "WTF? Qatar? I would be happy if it were in the USA!"? No, I don't think so. I think they're OK with the decision.

Why are we still debating this?

Dudes... be happy for someone else, for a change. :rolleyes: