1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post interesting FACTS that others may not know....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ThaRed

ThaRed Member

Got that from Cracked.com? :p

A pig's orgasm can last for 30 minutes.
    Butterflies taste with their feet.
    Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Sure did.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

On 3rd down! :eek:

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I can almost lick my elbow. Fact.

There is no life outside Earth. Fact.

Jackie Chan would win is a battle vs Jet Li. Fact.

I got a 70% on my DL test with 100% guessing, multiple choice FTW. Fact.

I heard left handed people have shorter life expectancy. Fact.

Sony Vaio's are the worst laptop ever invented. Fact.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

You gotta be kidding. All 3rd graders in China know this.

6. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

The longest any fiat currency has lasted is 40 years. Nixon took the dollar off of the gold standard in 1971 making the dollar a fiat currency. In 2011 the US dollar will tie the record for longest lasting fiat currency.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Glorious, absolutely glorious.

8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

*Texans [​IMG] are on a 4 game losing streak. FACT!
    *An earth worm has 5 pair of hearts[​IMG]

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Film) was the first independent (non big studio) movie to gross over $100 million at the US Box Office, and became the highest grossing independent film ever passing Halloween, 1978. It was surpassed by The Blair Witch Project in 1999 (God I hated that movie, not TMNT or Halloween). About 3 years later, My Big Fat Greek Wedding became the highest grossing independent movie ever.

Saddam Hussein thought Osama was complete zealot and he was also more afraid of Iran potentially exposing or finding out the country's vulnerabilities than the repercussions of blocking UN weapon inspectors. While, Bin Laden thought Hussein was an infidel and running a government that lost its credibility.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...aden-zealot-afraid-Iran-U-S--FBI-reveals.html

http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/09/24/22116579.html

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0211-11.htm

Only one NBA player has ever lead the league in scoring and assist in the same year (Nate"Tiny Archibald)...34 ppg and 11.4 ast. He was the only other player in NBA history, besides Oscar Robertson to average over 30 ppg and at least 10 assist for an entire season. Also, Robertson is the last and only player to average a triple double in one season. He was also named player of the century by National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Dan Marino is the only QB in NFL history to throw over 40 touchdown passes in two seasons (84/86). Players who have come close; Brett Favre (95/96); Kurt Warner (99/01);

O.J. Simpson is still the only running back in NFL history to rush for over 2,000 yards in a 14 game season (or span to start the season);

Jerry Rice previously held record of 22 tds a game, broken by Randy Moss (New England Patriots, 2007), was completed in a 12 regular season games (1987, NFL strike season).

1962 Green Bay Packers, 1963 San Diego Chargers, 1964 Baltimore Colts, 1967 Los Angeles Rams, 1969 Minnesota Vikings, 1972 Miami Dolphins and 1996 Green Bay Packers are the last seven teams in NFL history to be ranked first in points per game and first in points allowed per game.

The St.Louis Rams from 1999-2000 were the only NFL offense in history to score over 500 points in 3 consecutive NFL seasons.

Both, Charlie Chaplin and George Harrison have lost lookalike contest as themselves.

Charted to present day (nielsen ratings), the CW (network) is currently doing worst in its ratings present run than The WB and UPN in their last 4 seasons. It's also the only network that consistently beaten out overall by Univision and a number of cable channels. Stations, like Nickelodeon; TNT; USA; ESPN; ABC Family; Lifetime; MTV; Vh1; Fox News; AMC; FX; and few more odd cable channels have also had programming and time slots where some stations have a 2:1 advantage over the CW.

Since, I haven't hit the lottery in my life, yet, I've come to figure based on the odds presented on the website below; that I am more likely to experience 15 asteroid impacts (in my life time), along with 10 tsunamis and live through another 400 million bullets being shot at me with 250 car accidents and sit down and have dinner with someone from another planet than winning a 7 or more figure jackpot lottery for a single time.

http://www.squidoo.com/oddsdying
    http://www.mint.com/blog/trends/lottery-082710/
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/RetirementandWills/RetireEarly/WhyPoorPeopleWinTheLottery.aspx

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Somewhat related,

The lowest gold prices have been, since 1971

"The lowest dollar gold price in recent years was the afternoon fix on 20th July 1999 when gold fixed at $252.80 US equivalent at the time to £161.091 in pounds sterling..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a3w9OGzFRe3Y

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

*fixed*

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Most of these facts were really interesting. But I'm curious how the probability of having dinner with an alien was calculated when there is no way to even calculate the probability that aliens exist.