1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

good times thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Nov 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

It's sad watching the Celtics game last year and the Lakers series where most of the roster is still intact but the team looks nothing like it used to.

2. Persian foo

Persian foo Member

Seriously, when we had McGrady this team was SO much more fun to watch. I started watching Rockets back in 05 which was the first year that we got him. The McGrady era was the most fun times for me in terms of Rockets. Ever since we traded Tmac for the scrubby Kevin Martin, not only has our team been on a severe decline but it is not fun to watch. Its as simple as that. The Rockets are just boring to watch now. Yao is always injured and its basically a bunch of role players that suck playing.

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

You talk of that trade as if it was a poor one. Just look at his performance with Detroit this year. T-mac was fun to watch, but I think the team thriving without him was even more entertaining. Unfortunate that you didn't watch this team in the championship years. Dream alone was worth all my years as a fan.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Vernon Maxwell trash talking in MJ's ear.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Does anyone have the vid of when Deke was basically daring the dude to come inside by waving him in and the dude refused and shot a terrible outside jumper that missed? He had already blocked him twice that game I think.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfjuweiJ2L8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfjuweiJ2L8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

:( This makes me so sad...really.

This team was amazing. When we let Ron go and traded Landry we got rid of the Rockets. They were our toughness, will and determination. Now it feels like im watching a total different team...
    hopefully that wont last too long when Yao and Brooks come back.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

God, I miss T-mac...

9. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

I feel the same way :(

If Tmac wasn't out at that time, the Rockets on paper is almost a better Lakers team: Tmac/Kobe, Brooks/Fisher, Yao+Scola/Gasol+Bynum, Battier/Ariza, Landry/Odom.

10. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. opticon

opticon Member

Man what could of been if Yao did not get hurt that year we would have one the title in 08

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This thread is more depressing than anything...it'll be a long time before we have a team like these...

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Not a video, just a picture of a 22yr old center with a world of potential ... :(

[​IMG]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8STO24L_NY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r8STO24L_NY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here's a video just in case.... ugh this video is depressing :(

--RB

14. GMNot

GMNot Member

Don't worry. The Rockets almost have us all right where they want us... pretty soon they'll be able to assume the mantle of "Us against the world." This will help turn "that" switch back on. ;)

15. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Love that picture. It was taken after Yao's first NBA 3-pointer. I was at that GSW game in Oakland to witness it. Greatness!