1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Too Many Threes!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Nov 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Stop shooting so many damn 3's! Our best shooter is Kevin Martin and he still ain't shooting them at 40%, Brad Miller is about a 50% 3 point shooter but thats because he hasnt taken many this year. Lowry, Chase, Lee, and Battier need to stop shooting the 3 ball and take it to the rack, then will be #1in ppg.

2. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

If they stopped shooting threes we would never get out of our slump thats why we gotta keep shooting until we get our groove back.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's only too many when you don't make them. If you make them, it's called enough.

4. cheeno

take it to the rack? teams start packing the paint when you cant make three pointers.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are already packing the paint, that is WHY we are taking so many 3s.

DD

6. cheeno

i think i prefer them to keep shooting 3's to get into rhythm then to not take them at all... rather miss them now then later when they do count.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is a direct consequence of the failed TMac experiment because he was supposed to provide scoring from the SF position. But when he didn't work out, they (Morey & the Rockets) never addressed this weakness and now it's really showing. Battier was never supposed to be relied upon for his offense as it was his defense that made him valuable - at least up until this year. Budinger is (yet) another spot up shooter who cannot create his own shot and plays poor defense. Individually or together, they simply aren't the answer. That's why I was interested in seeing what Donte Green could have done here but DM F'd that up when he traded for that a-hole Artest. How typical of the Rockets. Yeah, that's working out really well right now...

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

62points in the paint 18 offensive rebounds, and 49-100 fg made. without looking at the final score it seems like a win

9. The Hard G

The Hard G Member

It's probably because this dude is out.

[​IMG]

10. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

That's when you have to give the ball to Kmart and start drawing fouls and head to the FT LINE!

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

While we are getting our groove back, we will keep losing if they continue to shoot 20+ threes a game.

12. sw847

sw847 Member

you can't really control the 'making them' part. sometimes shots just don't go down. It happens to the best of them. So i can't really expect a bunch of role players to simply just make them.

I agree with the op. I have no problem with shooting open 3 pointers. In fact the basketball 101...if you are open...SHOOT IT. but team just isn't making many of their open shots. I reckon that they should start taking it to the paint hard. Especially atheletic guys like Chase and kyle. I can understand battier cause he can't do much in the paint.

We really should cut down on 3s per game. we are not a great shooting team thus should not play like one.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly! If you've noticed both Martin and Scolas scoring has decreased over the past three games.

14. cheeno

and risk more injury for this team then it already has? you've seen how fragile martin looks, sometimes the way he drives to the basket is scary.

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Too many BRICKS!

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

No doubt! The best 3-point shooter on this team.

Hopefully Chase can get his shot to drop soon. Would hate to see him go. Although, it would be nice to see JT play more minutes..err at all.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

When you don't make your shots, you rely on your closer.

It's just that simple. We need a closer, we need as superstar. Only an idiot would think there is no such thing as a closer or there is no need for a closer in any team.

18. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I was at the game yesterday and I knew it was going to be a long night when Battier missed three 3-pointers in a row.

We lost this game completely because of continuous clanking from downtown. 90% of them were wide open misses. It was very painful to watch.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anytime that Lowry gets stuck with the ball because others are being doubled or whatever, instead of jacking up a three, he should take it inside and muscle up a shot or dish it back out. Everytime.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They're wide open for a reason. That shot is 23-9 and no matter what a cpu tells people,there is a reason why guys are such poor shooters today. The true scorers,aside from a few will kill you from mid range. I'd rather take a contested 17ft shot than a uncontested 24ft shot.