1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dime Q&A] Rookie Ishmael Smith is Houston’s best-kept secret

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Nov 17, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Here is the link. Click over for the entire article.

Can't wait to see how Ish develops into an NBA player. He seems like he carries himself with the attitude that he will be somebody in this league.

Nice to see that his shooting is the part of his game he is working on the most. The game will be so much easier for him if he is able to develop a consistent shot.

AggieRocketsFan

2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Sounds like such a great guy. Hope he can stay on this team and develop a consistent jumper :).

3. Htown's2kFinest

He could be the best PG on the team.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His attitude is infectious, he is right in the middle of the pregame huddles.....

DD

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

seriously..hes got a lot of talent..if he gets a shot...watch out rondo.

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

That is awesome that he takes his Bible everywhere he goes, not too many guys in the league do that. That tells you that this guy is something special.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He needs to read the playbook instead of the Bible. On the hardwood, Adelman is the only truth.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like Ish. We need to let him play more, even if he makes a couple of mistakes here or there. The guy can play.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Adelman also doesn't think he can handle the rock past the first half.

He may be good some day and he flashes potential, but certainly the reason he's not playing in the valley right now is pure bad luck on the part of the rockets.

I'm not down on the guy, maybe just not as high as the rest of you.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I've met all three rockets point guards and Ish was BY-FARR the most outgoing. laughed at my jokes and actually wanted to answer my stupid questions. I've been rooting for this guy since then. Next would be A.B. who was just quiet and laughed a little. Lowry came off as pretty smug, mightve just been that day, but me and my friends all agreed he was pretty high on himself and didn't care to talk to me, and now i feel like i see his personality when he complains to the refs in such. Lowry may be a nice guy, but hes my least favorite pg on this team...

11. momolicious

momolicious Member

What you expect? hes an Ish is an undrafted underdog and hes excited at this moment to even be playing. Of course players with higher star status will come off a bit more smug.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

I've noticed this as well. Whenever he's on the bench, he's chatting with the guys and everyone seems to brighten up around him. Good personality and leadership.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

:confused: :confused:

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

guess it's better than carrying guns in the locker room. LMFAO

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

when ish gets his free throw percentage up to at least the 70s and develops a consistent midrange/3point shot, its time to get rid of either ab,or lowry or both

16. sandiegorocket

Ish Smith is playing the best out of all of our PGs. That's why we're 3-8, though. That's not a shot at Ish, who is has been a very pleasant surprise, but when you're best PG is an undrafted rookie, you have problems.

17. worzel gummidge

How do you know he's not reading it only for the sex scenes?

18. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Only the Rockets can be happy about a PG who can't shoot, can't stay with other NBA teams, and shown flashes of good games because the rest of our D-league players can't do anything.....