1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who want JVG back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Do you remember?

1. yes, give Rick - One More Night

45 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. yes, we need a new coach - No Jacket required

47 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. no, but we need the Rox and coach to be living - seperate lives

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. no, I don't care any more

40 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

let's not forget the 2 NBA finals he lost to epic teams such as the MJ Bulls version 1 and the Detroit Bad Boys during the Genesis of his coaching days.

2. lz56

lz56 Member

do you think JVG may have learned his lesson. if so, i would like to give him another chance.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Juwon Howard, Rafer Alston, and Tracey were all considered offense only players and he used them plenty and got them to play D.

Adelman has so much talent on his teams, people forget that he had Webber and Peja in his prime, plus a very good center in Divacs and one of the top point guards in the league in Bibby and fantastic role-players.

Gundy never had that kind of orgy of talent. He's amazing because he squeezes so much out of so little.

4. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Talking about talent, I would take a young TMAC and Yao over the sum of everyone on this current Rockets and times 3.

JVG had once a life time talents. I doubt Rockets will ever see Yao and TMAC caliber talent again.

Role players sucked? JVG was the one who picked them, trained them, played them and designed the plans for them. No one to blame but his coaching and his pr management.

JVG sucked because he achieved absolutely nothing with his absolute power and two young stars. If current Miami heat could not pass the first round for 4 years, whoever their coach is would suck more than JVG. but now? JVG has the crown.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

To me its about the championships, so using that as the basis what's RA accomplished?

They are both excellent coaches who have accomplished the same amount with the Roxs.

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Hell no to JVG and his (also his fans') sick love of being mediocre.

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

you? who cares.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Such a succinct and well thought out response.....

9. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

To me, it was just as well thought as your question and your basis.

To me, your basis is yours. I don't care. nothing wrong about that.

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

No. As the saying goes, "A Leopard cannot change his spots", and Mister Van Gundy has firmly established what he can and cannot accomplish as a head coach in the NBA.

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I know people who have been cured from cancer but never had any of them say they wanted it back!!

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude,
    those were the players he wanted.

They can't dance, they can't sing, they are just standing there missing everything.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I want a disciplined, fundamentally sound, aggressive, and hustling team.

I don't care who the coach is... I just want the above. Right now, the current coach isn't getting that out of this team.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah, you obviously don't remember the years PreMorey PostPatterson.

15. 42zrO

42zrO Member

i agree 100%

16. Asian Sensation

Bump.

It's time to bring him back. We have the talent and personnel. He has the defensive mind. He's been able to sit back, analyze and enjoy watching and calling the game for the past 8+ years. It's time to go back to work.

Morey and Les yes I know they're stubborn and have their own agenda/recipe. But sometimes you gotta mix the old with the new and you may be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.