1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, please stop taking charges...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Nov 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. joesr

joesr Member

op, I've put this out before but when you jump you have more chances of landing awkwardly or on someone elses foot which would do worse.

2. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

Thank god it was just a sprained ankle after all. Out for minimum of one week.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

LMAO not when you're 7' 6" dude.. you block shots. :rolleyes:

4. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

You fool, you don't tell Yao Ming what to do.

"I'm gonna play when I wanna play, I'm gonna say what I wanna say, do what I wanna do."-Yao Ming ;)

5. scottie brooks

I agree with Deke. Taking charges may not be the best choice for Yao. Blocks and changing shots may be a better plan of attack for a player his size.

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i never thought it was advisable for big men to take charges. wouldn't they run the risk of being called for the foul? bigs are supposed to change/block shots and normal to small players take the charge(flopping is more believable when you're not the biggest guy on the court).
    That's what i was taught at least.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i agreed. i don't understand why yao doesn't wear pads. is it because it slows him down?

8. davestrate

davestrate Member

Yao is the tallest pu55 in the NBA, it is what it is. We oughtta go for Kendrick Perkins as soon as he's ready to come back to the league. I can care less for high scoring centers anyways.

9. cuddie

cuddie Member

[​IMG]

10. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

I'll do you on better. How about Kwame Brown?

MOREY MAKE IT HAPPEN :rolleyes:

11. GRB

GRB Member

It is simply obvious. Idk why no one on the rockets has figured it out . Yao does that like they never talked about it before.

12. koby1868

koby1868 Member

When you are that tall you block the shot... you don't take the charge. Know basketball....

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You probably never played basketball at a high level. My coach said the same thing to me. A well coached team will get more excited from a charge then a blocked shot because with a charge you get the ball back, every single time.
    It's hard to change that mentality, because I can promise you JVG was a coach that instilled the "take charges" mentality. Nothing is tougher then standing near the rim and letting somebody like lebron run you over. It's hard to get rid of that mentality once it's instilled in you.

14. koby1868

koby1868 Member

If that was instilled into Yao then that was a huge mistake. You don't teach the tallest man in the NBA to take the charge. I don't know what kind of basketball you played but a block is much more exciting than a charge.

15. rox81

rox81 Member

Please, Yao, take more charges. Take one so hard that it breaks both your legs.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If he keeps taking charges...i can only blame the coaches too. It's the coach responsibility to say "hey big fella, enough of that...you're tall to block any shot around the rim...we don't need you to take charges...play like you're a big man, not reduce yourself to a small one." If Yao continue to do the same and taking charge after charge....the coaches see it and ain't saying nothing ...so if Yao gets injured....then i am blaming on the coaches.

This is one thing i blame on Rick Adelman. In fact, I blame on him for a lot of decisions because he is the sort of coach that likes to let things flow. But that is why we lost games because of his "FLOWINGGGG" decisions. He needs to speak up and tell his players to stop doing something when he sees it does no good to the team. If players like Kevin Martin constantly guarding Kobe Bryant while Battier is in the game, then as i am watching the game and i continue to see that...who do i blame this one?? The damm coach obviously!! If it's Jeff Van Gundy, he would have yanked Martin out of the game.

17. vernonmaxwell11

well duh, because he himself is a tree!

18. bloop

bloop Member

1) IT WAS SEX WITH A GAY TREE ERGO GAY SEX.

2) THE TREE WAS BORN GAY. IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE YOU ARE A BIGOT AND POSSIBLY REUPBLICAN

3) NORMAL SEX IS THROUGH THE KNOT IN THE FRONT, HE SAID IT WAS IN THE BACKSIDE

4) YAO STOP TAKING CHARGES