1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My cat got hit by a car!! (but she'll be fine)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Sep 27, 2002.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Dammit! But this goes with the territory...

My cat wasn't home when I got home yesterday from work, she's indoor/outdoor and she's usually on the porch.. I thought nothing of it since the neighbors were getting a new roof and with all the banging I figured she had run off... well around midnight she comes home, crying on the front porch. To my shock, she had blood on her face, on her chest and paws, just an initial horrible mess!!! My first assumption was that she got into a fight, she let me clean her up a little bit and and she promptly went to the under the bed storage and fell asleep. No bones appeared to be broken as she was able to move around as usual... this morning at 7:00 am I pull out the under the bed storage and the poor thing has drooled all over my shirts... I take her to the vet only to find out that the poor thing has dislocated her jaw and she probably got hit by a moving vehicle... argh! So, my baby is at the vet, getting fixed up... oh the humanity...

Reva...oh sweet Reva.... :(

[​IMG]
    this is the only picture i have access to right now

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anyone know what Trader_Jorge drives?

Sorry to hear about it rH, but I'm happy she's going to be OK!

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

rockHEAD --
    I wish your cat a speedy recovery. I'm sorry that happened.

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Have a speedy recovery, Reva. You are certainly a good gato.

I am certain your fine housekeeper rH will play Track 7 on Los Lobos' album "Kiko" when you are resting at home.

Good gato.

CBFC

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How old is your cat? She looks not too old, so she'll prob. bounce back fast. Here's wishing her a speedy recovery.

Hope Mrs. JB sees this post! ;)

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Get well soon, Reva. :(

Our family cat (Tiger, very original) got hit by a car on the street behind us. That was many years ago, when I lived at home with the folks. It was one of those "neighbor bangs on the door at night saying he's sorry, he thinks it's your cat, etc." instances. I remember we got the vet up and rushed Tiger to get treated, thinking there was no way he would survive (poor thing looked BAD), but he did. Tiger never crossed a street again. He hung out on our side of the street and our side of the street behind us. It was kinda weird, in a way, because I didn't think Tiger was the brightest light bulb in the Cat Pantheon. He lived to be about 15. I hope Reva has many more lives as well. Tiger used a few of his that night, for sure.

7. Stevie Francis

keep your cat in lock down man. cats do not belong on roads. but i'm glad its ok maybe it will be scared of cars now. Damn drivers need to watch out.

8. rockHEAD

Thanks for everyone's warm wishes... I'll know more around 3pm CST.

Reva is about 8 years old. But she's small for her age. She's always been a small cat. She actually adopted us when we moved in to our first house. She came up the steps and walked right in, she was a kitten, probably around 3-4 months... we've had her ever since...

Yes CBFC, she's named after the Los Lobo's track...

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Have you heard from the vet? How's she doing?

10. rockHEAD

no word from the vet... I'm expecting something around 3pm CST... so, I'll post this evening.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Cats have always been my favorite animal and pets, sorry to hear about this rHead. Get well soon Reva! :(

12. rockHEAD

heavy sigh....

i just got back from the vet's where i visited Reva...

sigh....

her surgery went well and i got to visit her. she's a bit out of it from being sedated and i got a little more info...

her jaw was shattered pretty bad. the mandible was broken in several places and she bit threw her tongue. the wound on the side of her head is possibly a bb or a pellet. my assumption is that maybe she got shot with a bb gun then ran out into the street and maybe got hit... or she was shot then kicked or vice versa... regardless whatever happened to her was probably intentional. it was cruel and mean too. i've got some f**ked up neighbors around here and i'm quite upset. she has to stay at the vet for a few days. her jaw is wired and the side of her head is shaved from the surgery.

man, it broke my heart to hear those things. she is such a loving kitty, i hate that this happened.

when i went to see her, she was all messed up, her eyes were all puffy and teary, she was drooling and just a mess... she did recognize me, cause when i started talking to her, she immediately moved towards me and wanted to be petted. we will go and visit her again tomorrow, possibly twice. she will have to be hand fed a wet, gruel type food for a few weeks.

thanks everyone for your kind words.

it's amazing how attached to our pets we are... please don't ever take them for granted.

:(

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Omigod, RH,

What kind of sick puke shoots a cat with pellet or bb or anything else? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm really sorry about your cat, and thanx for the good words re not taking these things for granted. Best wishes for Reva's recovery. :(

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your family tragedy. I hope you have a plan going forward because if your neighbors get off on shooting cats with BB guns then I fear for your cat's mental and physical health.

Maybe consider making Reva a house cat or move. Didn't you lose another cat during the last Rocket season? It never came back or something. What's the story there?

Poor kitty. I know how you feel because I ran over my cat and watched it try to walk it off, go into convulsions with tongue hanging out, and die :( . I cried like a baby watching that and I've never gotten over it. Long story short...I thought the cat(Siamese) had moved off the driveway(and I saw it move out of the way) so I could pull into the garage. However, my Siamese walked back toward his spot while I started pulling forward and I ran right over him. He lived a long life but it was such a horrible way to go out. I had a great bond with that cat. We we're buds. How do you get over killing your bud? You don't. I hate a part of myself for that and always will :(.

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Man, I am SO freakin' sorry to hear that. As many cats as we have, I can't bear them being outside because of stuff like that. It worries me too much.

But, there is absolutely NO excuse for doing harm to an animal. I absolutely cannot believe that happened. Damn, that pisses me off!!!!! :mad:

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Someone shot your cat with a BB gun?? Yikes..

I'm not a big fan of cats. We get a lot of strays in our back yard, but I usually just chase them away with the garden hose; one squirt and they're off like a shot. I can't imagine anyone being cruel enough to shoot one in the face with a gun.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

sorry to hear about this rH...jesus, this just shows what kind of sick bastards there are in the world.
    Maybe you should get another cat to be her running mate...one that should keep her safer...I found one that might fit the bill.:D

[​IMG]

Oops, nevermind. Man, it gets tougher and tougher to post pics on this board.
    Anyways, the website is here:http://vkgfx.tripod.com/eag/
    Look at Godzilla cat! Grrr!

#17 Severe Rockets Fan, Sep 27, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2002
  18. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

TELL ME YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING.

Man, I am really sorry to hear that this was anything other than a terrible cat-accident. I can't imagine what I would do if someone intentionally inflicted harm upon either of my cats. I am seriously pissed off and I have never met rockHEAD or Reva.

I am seriously seriously seriously pissed off.

rH, I hope you have a calm weekend and that your fine Gato's condition improves.

Reva, I hope you get some good painkillers and shake this one off.

I am sorry.

CBFC

19. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

When you believe humanity couldn't sink any lower... it does. I wish for the Lord to watch over you rockHEAD and your Reva. I have had lots of cats and I couldn't imagine either one of these events happening to them. But the bb thing is just sick. rockHEAD and Reva do take care.

You have our sympathies.

20. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Get well soon Reva. Sorry Rockhead. :(