1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks will miss 4 to 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 8, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

brooks is averaging 1.5 turnovers more thna Ish...is that really killing the offense?

For someone who actually attacks the defense in the halfcourt and has more isolations he's not turning the ball over a lot.

Lowry and Martin are turning the ball over more often and one doesnt play as much as brooks and the other hardly handles the ball as much.

2. theprof

theprof Member

Dang yall are being way too hard on the man. His wife just had twins. TWINS. Hate to break it to you but new fathers like to see their kids too. 4-6 weeks is basically paternity leave.

3. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

i think ginobli's play was dirty. who tries to take charge 40 feet from the basket w/ 2 seconds left in the first half?!

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think he was trying to take a charge. I think he was just trying to distract Brooks. It was a clean play that had an unfortunate result.

5. AggieRocketsFan

Maybe Brooks can learn a few things from Ish in the mean time...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, now this is an intelligent post, I think both Ish and AB can help each other.......

Nicely said.

DD

7. worzel gummidge

8. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

This is great news imo. Brooks just looks to score too much when he has 3 absolutely scorers above himself in Kmart, Scola, and Yao.

Aaron Brook still thinks like he is in last season where he has to keep on scoring.

At least Lowry and Ish Smitty looks to pass first and actually connect on the passes.

So this is good news for the team. Ish and Courtney Lee get more minutes to play.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You should be banned immediatly.

Celebrating a players injury?

Honestly?

What a piece of crap post and thought process.....

DD

10. heyangw

heyangw Member

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's still the only one who can create a shot for himself on the perimeter when he wants....Kmart disappears in the 4th, yao plays half a game...i dont see why he shouldnt think he still has to score. The moment the team doesnt want him to score anymore they'll bench him. That's the kind of player he is and its what you're going to get if you start him.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The problem is, he wants that all the time...even when there are better options available.

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

[Small sample size] He is averaging more APG than he did last year. Team is 4th in offensive efficiency. Team is scoring 110+ PPG. Lowry is averaging more TPG with less MPG.[/small sample size]

Oh, and thanking Christ for an injury to a basketball player?? Blasphemy.

Thanking Him for one on your favorite team?? Treachery.

1 person likes this.
  14. BucMan55

How do you know this? Do you talk to him?? Does he call you on the phone?? He is averaging just over 15 FGA per game, Martin is at 14, and Scola is at 17 per game. Based on the small sample size, I have no problem with this. I would eventually like to see Martin higher than Brooks, but remember Martin gets to the line alot so he probably does take more shots per game than Brooks.

Brooks has more APG than he did last year, and is playing about 5-6 minutes less per game than last year. Get off his back. Any impartial observer noticed that he has been better at looking for his teammates this year.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I know this b/c I watch the games. I see Yao in the post, and I see Brooks, for whatever reason, swinging the ball to the other side of the court.

First of all, you're including games where he played limited minutes due to foul trouble and injury. And secondly, with each game played, Brooks' assist numbers have dropped.

Yes, any impartial observer would notice that he's gotten better at looking for his teammates. The impartial observer would also notice that Ish is far superior to Brooks in this facet of the game.

16. BucMan55

Of course Ish is better at distribution. That's not what I am saying. I am saying that Brooks has improved in this over last year(and he improved last year when we traded for Martin) but folks are still acting like he can't pass the ball. They are turning a blind eye to it to make it seem like more of a weakness to his game than it actually is.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Get whoever is taping up Andre Johnson's ankle to work on Aaron.

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

poor brooks. I know that little twig ankle of his will break soon. i didn't think it would be this soon.

19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Then why start now?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you trying to make a joke in very poor taste? Please tell me you are. I swear, there are 3 or 4 guys/gals in this thread who need someone's hammer falling on their head, and I don't mean DD's head banging against a wall. Dancing around in glee over the injury of any Rockets player is simply unspeakable. None of us should ever have to read crap like that here. That's the garbage you might find on the ESPN boards, or some other low life blog where the low lifes of NBA fandom hangout and blow each other kisses.