1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

smith and lee are better choices

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Birdrocket, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

...bingo bingo bingo

And also remember that Ish was an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE and was asked to lead a team for TWO whole quarters against Duncan, Manu, and Parker. He impressed me a lot. Shooting 4/16 is quite acceptable since quite a few of his floaters were in and out. He has amazing vision and is fearless late in the game.

Aaron Brooks is an amazing shooter, but he now defers way too much now that Rick has made him the starting point guard. He should be jacking up late game three pointers. Brooks sadly has poor vision, little play making ability, and NO/ZERO understanding of TEMPO. Lowry is not an amazing point guard vision/passing wise, but he knows how to control tempo like a seasoned veteran.

Brooks CANNOT be our starting point guard if we want to win anything. I don't think our point guard play is mature enough to make a serious run in the playoffs. Morey needs to pull off some ridiculous trade or we have to wait for Lowry or Ish to develop their shooting game this summer (or alternatively, we can tank and hope for Kyrie Irving, the best pure PG prospect since CP3)

2. shioew

shioew Member

both lee and smith had their moments, which is a good sign, but u just have to sadly admit the lose was on them. but im still happy to see both these two kids have HEARTs to fight for win.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On late pick and roll rotations from our bigs.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I usually don't like to say one person caused a loss, so let me say that Lee, indeed, had the win in his hands....

and he choked.

5. heypartner

I agree with what you said about Ish and Lee....except

Lee DID by HIMSELF lose this game. Do you really think he believes otherwise...do you really want him sitting in a San Antonio hotel tonight saying...."this wasn't on me."

Of course it was. That's why they call it free throws.

I hate Ginobody.

6. acjeitherocket

THAT IRVING DUDE IS GONNA BE A PROBLEM!!!!

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Lee is trash

8. heypartner

no he isn't
    next

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he has no place on a contending roster. he is nick anderson waiting to happen / has already happened to some degree in his short career. you cannot depend on losers like him to help you win big games. and i'm sure he has less confidence in himself than even i have in him. i'm sure that round 1 vs. jazz 1995 game 5, no way this choker drains 2 freethrows to win the game ala chucky brown. i stand by my statement, lee is trash.

10. GRB

GRB Member

I agree with on this.
    It occured to me that Ish is just a poorman's Rafer. God, I hope I'm wrong.

11. Htown's2kFinest

^^Ish Smith fuel the Rockets comeback. Guess you weren't watching. Don't listen to that guy cause he is bias towards Brooks. Lee played great defense on Manu. Manu was just being Manu. But Lee did have quite a few mishaps on offense. As it look right now he's as good offensively as I hoped. Bud absolutely did nothing this game.

12. Htown's2kFinest

edit...^^

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Brooks is out for few weeks, my guess. Now we will get to see what all the Brooks haters are talking about.

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Indeed if i remember he also cost us one against the fakers :eek: where stepped on the line .....

15. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

I was thinking like some of the posters mentioned while watching the 4th quarter that this is what is like for Houston to have 2 guards playing good
    defense at the same time (i.e. Smith and Lee).

I love Brooks and Martin. However, combining them with limiting defense
    Scola and Yao 'Slow as an elephant' Ming is not a good defensive starting
    lineup.

In my opinion, we ultimately have to trade Brooks or Martin. I would favor trading Brooks (along w/ others) for a guard upgrade b/c Martin is wonderful
    (like Brooks) shooting wise but also has a true gift for hurting opponents
    by drawing fould after foul.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No point in moping around and being all negative like you are. True, a loss is a loss, but there are some good things to take from the loss that hopefully the team can improve on. Ish is a rookie, and I'll let those rookie mistakes pass this game. Lee should have made at least one free throw, but he'll come around, too (he made some great plays at the end). I'm done thinking of this team as a contender though (unless a trade happens), but they are a pretty good team. The best 0-5 team the league has ever seen ;) .

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, he is trying to win games.

The whole marketing concept is silly, DM doesn't tell RA whom to play.

Was he marketing Lowry last year?

Nope...just trying to win games.

I totally agree, and actually I am not upset at the players, mostly it is the people celebrating injuries to our players on here...that bug me....

DD

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Then explain why McGrady got minutes last year.

19. somenobody

somenobody Member

ENERGY AND BALL MOVEMENT!