1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

thankfully we have rick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Nov 6, 2010.

1. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Rick sucks at making adjustments. He sucks at making plays. Who in their right mind would make a play for Battier thats not a set shot? Who in their right mind would create a play for a 5-8 100 pound PG to drive in the paint when everyone knows they wont get a foul call. I think one of his biggest problems is he sucks at getting players to be accountable for their mistakes. JVG would not be afraid to get in a players face to tell them what he did wrong.

It also looks like we have the wrong coach or wrong group of players. Like people have mentioned this team plays a lot better when they are underdogs. No this is a knee jerk reaction from these few games cause this has gone on for a few seasons. Either change the coach to get them to play up to expectations or slowly get new players.

1 person likes this.
  2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Can I be an assistant coach?

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

at least coaches don't get injured...

touch wood

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The OP was kidding, right? :confused:

5. ezzie

ezzie Member

hope u rite, but kinda doubt it :(

srsly he's not BAD, n really thers no1 better out ther, but his substitutions, line-ups, and refusal 2 call A TIME-OUT leaves me pulling my hair out in frustration some-times

6. AggieRocketsFan

All I know is RA should have told Ish not to take any ill-advised floaters on the Ish-Scola P&R's in crunch time. That is what killed us... Ish should have dished to Scola for a jumper at least for the higher percentage shot.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like we avoided these last year. But I don't know. I was doing my best to avoid the GARM as it was. But the Denniscd threads are back... not gonna lie, for whatever odd reason they piss me off like no other. I feel like Adelman's son (whats his name) is making the posts. Annoying as hell. Just don't make em. Go do something else. Like I like to say. I was here before Adelman, I'll be here after Adelman. I don't really need to see an Adelman slurp thread after every loss. Find something better to do.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

RA is a great coach but he needs to unleash Hill. I am tired of seeing Chuck play center and Jordan either can play or can't...time to find out. When Dampier gets here, please play Jordan at PF.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. I wish ppl would watch the game closely before talking. They were staying home to Scola and giving Ish the wide open lane b/c they have the scouting report on him.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There isn't a coach the league that would willingly "unleash" Hill. Seeing what he does out there on the court... he's a coaches nightmare. If JVG was coaching Hill wouldn't log a single minute. We aren't a rebuilding team with nothing to lose. We have high expectations. Can't sit around and let Hill grow at the expense of winning. For a coach; the expense of sanity.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Hill is part of this team and started this game, if he is a liability then why start him ahead of Miller or even Hayes. He then goes on to perform quite well only to not see the floor for most of the 2nd half. I'd understand your theory if it wasn't fairly obvious the kid can help right now, we need the help.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

All I will say is Adelman has yet to field a team where his main players were completely healthy

1 person likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hill looked pretty good tonight, Played solid D on Timmy in the first half. Hill's not lighting the world on fire but contributing nicely. I think he's starting to get it, playing with much more intensity.

14. htown11

htown11 Member

Adelman = 902 wins

I will take the latter. Sorry DD...

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which is fine. What he got was fine. This "unleashing" business - that's a little much. What we let him do now is fine.

16. dd89

dd89 Member

I'm sure as rational beings the rick haters won't jump on the bandwagon if the rockets do well later in the season. Oh wait.

17. PeppermintCandy

When denniscd makes these threads, it's usually a sign the Rockets are struggling pretty badly.

18. GRB

GRB Member

I don't think we can blame it on Rick for the 4th quarter chaos. I truly believe the gameplan has covered it all, including the 4th quarter. The rockets just don't have that quality player to execute the plan. So the reality is we are going to keep losing close games, unless a big trade is coming.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

haha...seriously.

no actually...seriously, are you my girlfriend hacking into denniscd's account as a joke? STOP IT. you are going to get me banned again.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Tell that to New Orleans. New coach, perfect record. Not saying that RA is a bad coach but statements like this indicate rationalization of a bad situation which happens all too much around here (DD comes to mind).