1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming will not be in NBA LIVE 2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Sep 24, 2002.

1. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Oh well guess I will have to try shootout or 2k3:(

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What they should do, is in their customize player options have a face that looks exactly like Ming, and second, when you type in the player's name as Yao Ming, they should recognize it and already have "Ming" recorded to be used by the announcers during the game. Or, even better add another customizable option altogether, that allows you to specify how the customized player's name should be pronounced...doesn't seem like that would be too tough...but it must be or they would have done it by now.

Anyways, I'm sure they'll just have Ming available to download to your console. Still wish they had that customizable pronunciation thing though. Maybe you could even change it so they would say "Quitten" instead of "Pippen". :)

#22 DCkid, Sep 25, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2002
  3. HoustonTx

HoustonTx Member

HAAA HAAAAAA!!!!! That is too funny! However I do not see the cinder blocks on their feet... or do you see those when they are on defense?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's really unfortunate about the roster cut off date and some players not being included if that is indeed the case. The problem really is that they should HOLD OFF on these games until the end of November so they can get the official rosters from opening day. There is no reason to put these games out so early. Heck NBA 2K2 came out in January this year if I remember and thus had the complete rosters which was really cool.

I am still going to get NBA 2K3 but will be disappointed that Ming will not be in it. Sure you can create a player but the likeness won't be close. I have to agree with the poster above that suggested that the game have a "face/haircut" similar to Ming for people to be able to "create" him. That would be a smart "work around" for Sega to do if they can't "officially" add him to the game.

And Clutch, that screen capture with the caption was hilarious!! :)

Chris

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

In defense of Steve, he might be a little confused in that image...When was the last time Glen Rice set a pick? :)

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well, previous games had Jordan on there under different names, and I know one year you could go into the create player mode, type in names of legends (like Oscar Robertson or Wilt) and their ratings would automatically pop up.

Point is, they found a way to get Mike in the game cause the demand for him to on there was huge. If that demand is the same for Yao, then they will find a way.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

That's hilarious Clutch.
    EA Sports. If it's in the game; It's in the game. :D

8. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Thanks for the laugh Clutch!!! It is always appreciated.

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

U r right NBA2K3 is a better game:D

10. Stevie Francis

dog i will slap you if you buy nba shoot out or any other 989 sports video game.

11. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

this looks great, but i hope i dont have to buy another video card to run this game(ati9700??)